General Category > General Discussion

add;remove Addon manager

(1/2) > >>

skimmer:
I am running Win 7 64 bit. In the ( uninstall or change a program ) list, I have 3 Virtuali Addon Manager X titles. I just want to know if this is ok. I am not receving any problems with anything so this is just a question of curiosity. each has a different date as in 3/24/2012, 5/4/2012 and 6/6/2012. Also 2 of them state,38.4 MB and the 3rd one says 38.6 MB. Thank you for any advice ;D

StevenK:
One is for the addon manager
the other two will be for GSX or a scenery from FSDT

virtuali:
You don't have many Addon Manager installed: the Addon Manager is always one, since the files are the same, and in the same folder.

What you have, instead, are multiple Uninstallers for it, which is not normal, but it won't create any problems, just that Windows have several copies of the uninstaller.

If you want to "clean" your Windows Control Panel, you can remove them all, and reinstall GSX using its full installer. There's no need to a separate Addon Manager installation, if you install a product (GSX) or a scenery using its *latest* installer, because all the installers comes with the latest version of the Addon Manager.

The only reason so install the Addon Manager separately, is to update it without downloading a product full installer again, or to install a GSX major update without downloading the whole GSX installer again.

But in your case, if you want to get rid of the multiple uninstaller, you'll have to remove all the Addon Manager copies, DOWNLOAD the full GSX installer that is online now and install it. There's no need to install the Addon Manager again, unless its gets further updated in the future, and GSX tell you to do so.

skimmer:
Thank you very much ;D

portanav:

--- Quote from: virtuali on July 19, 2012, 10:51:24 am ---You don't have many Addon Manager installed: the Addon Manager is always one, since the files are the same, and in the same folder.

What you have, instead, are multiple Uninstallers for it, which is not normal, but it won't create any problems, just that Windows have several copies of the uninstaller.

If you want to "clean" your Windows Control Panel, you can remove them all, and reinstall GSX using its full installer. There's no need to a separate Addon Manager installation, if you install a product (GSX) or a scenery using its *latest* installer, because all the installers comes with the latest version of the Addon Manager.

The only reason so install the Addon Manager separately, is to update it without downloading a product full installer again, or to install a GSX major update without downloading the whole GSX installer again.

But in your case, if you want to get rid of the multiple uninstaller, you'll have to remove all the Addon Manager copies, DOWNLOAD the full GSX installer that is online now and install it. There's no need to install the Addon Manager again, unless its gets further updated in the future, and GSX tell you to do so.

--- End quote ---

Hi;

Is it necessary to uninstall 'Addon Manager' before you upgrade?

Regards,
Michael.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version