Author Topic: Ok, need Help!!!  (Read 6136 times)

rrwhaley

Ok, need Help!!!
« on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:27 pm »
Where do I start? FSX.

I been reading the forums here, now I'm more confuss than ever. My problem is the same I guess as everyone else. ILS and rwys at KORD. I have old rwy, and non ILS new e.g 10/28, also double rwy in the FMC e.g PMDG, LEVELD, etc. I fly online with VAtsim. I do not use AI AC. I D/L the file in this forum and applyed it.

Can some one help me step by step on correcting this? I can't have a ATC clear me for ILS28, and I'm line up for old ILS27L, which I founf out that is is 27R, have to side step to non ILS28, all the while ATC is wonder what I'm doing, while their is other AC try to land.

PLEASE help correct this problem. Can someone explain why all this is going on, and not just with me?

Totally upset

Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ok, need Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:45:58 pm »
The approaches are in the AFCAD file. This one found here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=663.0

Is the latest version. Just unzip and copy into the FSX\FSDreamTeam\OhareX\Scenery folder, overwriting any existing files with the same names.

This should give you instrumental procedures updated for the new runways. You can easily verify this by opening the default Microsoft GPS, select KORD, then look the available approaches. You should see 10/28 approach is there.

If you don't see 10/28 approaches in the GPS, maybe you have an AFCAD coming from another product (AI traffic package, perhaps ? ) that is based on default KORD runways/procedures, that is taking precedence over ours. Normally, if our KORD is on top of the scenery library, this shouldn't happen. However, it wouldn't hurt if you remove any addon AFCAD made for the default KORD that you might have around.

If you see the updated approaches in the GPS, but the ATC do not clears you to use it, try to put some wind in the correct direction, because FS ATC usually prefers the longest runway, *unless* the wind is too strong to use it. If you put an wind coming from 270 at about 20 knots, FS ATC should enable both 28 and 27R, and you should be able to request either approach from the ATC menu.

The FMC databases are a different issue: these are usually separate databases from the scenery, you need to be sure you don't have doubles, but this is something that you need to check yourself with the databases you are using and eventually with the utilities that comes with the airplane to handle the databases, when available.

rrwhaley

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:50:56 pm »
Thank for the reply

I have the file.
Where do I fine MSGPS?
I have no AI AC added on, as 99.5% of the time I fly onilne (Vatsim)

Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:57:31 pm »
Where do I fine MSGPS?

Most of the default airplanes have it, on the C172 it's under SHIFT+3

rrwhaley

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 12:13:35 am »
Thank you

looking at it now. It has been awhile since I use a GPS. All the AC I fly are payware e.g. Level D , PMDG, ATR-72-500, MD 2006, and the ERJ-145. This is what I fly online.

OK, GPS showing old and New ILS, NBD, GPS & RNAV.

How can I find all file related to apps into ORD?

rrwhaley

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 12:43:20 am »
I or We (a friend of mines) figure it out.

Thank for your help
Ron