Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1154579 times)

Sundog

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #990 on: September 13, 2015, 07:23:35 pm »
Every time I try to unzip the main C-training zip the CAB file crashes the decompression. Is there a way around this?

whiteside

« Reply #991 on: September 13, 2015, 07:41:10 pm »
Once mine has the pitch doublets start, I have to reset the FCS or it just keeps happening to any lower speed.
Do we have a way to fly front and back seat with multiplayer?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #992 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:00 pm »
Every time I try to unzip the main C-training zip the CAB file crashes the decompression. Is there a way around this?
Which CAB file? Is it possible to unzip it to a temp folder, rather than the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, then move it into the proper folder? Or perhaps unzip everything except the CAB file giving you problems? Then unzip only that file somewhere else and then cut-n-paste it in? Might that file be corrupted, and if you download the zip again will clear up?
I am just trying to think what the problem might be...
Pat☺

Sundog

« Reply #993 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:04 pm »
Which CAB file? Is it possible to unzip it to a temp folder, rather than the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, then move it into the proper folder? Or perhaps unzip everything except the CAB file giving you problems? Then unzip only that file somewhere else and then cut-n-paste it in? Might that file be corrupted, and if you download the zip again will clear up?
I am just trying to think what the problem might be...
Pat☺

Yeah, I've tried all of that. It's the FA18_HUD_Switches.CAB in the FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training zip. Winzip states all of the files are "OK" to unzip, except it reads "unknown compressed method" at the CAB file and as a result, it doesn't unzip any of them.

I should note, even when I try just to unzip a single file from the zip, it gives me the same message regarding the CAB and won't allow me to unzip any of the files.

Maybe there is some sort of corruption going on. It turns out every single file I downloaded from the site, the last file in the zip can't be unzipped.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:45:17 pm by Sundog »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #994 on: September 13, 2015, 11:14:26 pm »
Ok, I think (although seldom) that I see the trouble. Is Winzip actually trying to just extract the CAB from the overall zip, or is it trying to extract not only the main zip file, but ALSO the contents of the CAB file? If it's trying to actually extract the CAB file's contents, then it is going to be a problem, for Winzip.
It would be my advice, but that's all it is, is advice, to download and install the latest version of 7zip, either 32bit, or 64bit, whatever your current system is, and use that instead of Winzip. Just open the zip file by double clicking it, highlight the main folder, which should be the only thing visible when you open up the zip file with 7zip, and tell it to extract. It will place it where you tell it to, in this case, \fsx\Simobjects\Airplanes, wherever you FSX resides. After all, it IS a 7zip created file, and that program, to me, is much better for this than Winzip is. 4 clicks, two to open the zip file, one to highlight the folder, one to Extract. The hardest part (and this isn't really hard, I am being facetious) is telling 7Zip where to stick it, so to speak :D
Oh, you may have set the file's association to 7Zip, although I THINK when you install 7Zip, if you do, it will automatically change the associations of any 7Zip created file to the proper 7Zip program. If you permit, it will actually, I believe, change most of the compressed file's associations to 7Zip. I use it for CAB files, along with most everything else. But that's just me.
Also, if you have FSX parked in C:\Program FIles (x86), make sure you have full Administrator priveliges set for that folder at least. AND make sure you always run FSX, Winzip, and 7Zip (if you install it) as Admin.

Let me know the result, and if this doesn't fix your trouble, let me know, and we will go from there, ok? I hope this solves your troubles!
Pat☺

Dman

« Reply #995 on: September 14, 2015, 03:04:01 am »
ok.. still not getting any effects for the hornet.. NO LEX vapor, NO transonic shockwave, No burner effects.. wing tip vapor shows but that's it..
I did notice on the header of the aircract config file it has a heading of:

// FSXBA F/A-18 aircraft configuration file FSX BLUE ANGELS MULTIPLAYER VARIANT
// Version 15.3 30 March 2015

isn't the version 15.6?
could that be the problem? I have copied the effects folder content back into the effects folder of P3D.. still nothing.. kinda stumped..

PhantomTweak

« Reply #996 on: September 14, 2015, 07:24:00 am »
// FSXBA F/A-18 aircraft configuration file FSX BLUE ANGELS MULTIPLAYER VARIANT
// Version 15.3 30 March 2015
Yes, it should be. Did you download the zip files on page 62, or on page 30-something? (I have a lousy memory. Too long on too many painkillers...)
The BA one, whatever page you got it from, has VERY limited effects active, since they fly them using multiplayer. Remember, the BA version is made for the FSX BA demo team, and, for obvious reasons (a lot of people using the same MP channels), they limited the effects to save bandwidth, or whatever it's called in MP.
To see effects, you need to fly one of the other loadouts, not the Blue Angels one. The Clean version works well. And always the C model. The only "model" they had for the D model is the BA plane, limited effects and all.  But C or D, if it's a BA paint, it uses the BA panel, again, limited effects. VERY limited. :D
And ALL the various models, and loadouts, say the same thing at the top. Jimi and Orion just didn't update those lines, is all. When I start editing the aircraft.cfg file, I always make a note of the date and actual version/loadout, so when I have a couple opened for comparison purposes, I don't get TOO confused as to whats which. And I do...
I don't know how familiar you are with editing panel and sircraft.cfg, but if you are, I can give you some ideas of what might do the trick for you, at least in the C model, non-BA paints.

Does all this help any?
Pat☺

BoxxMann

« Reply #997 on: September 14, 2015, 08:41:01 pm »

The main file and the "Clean" version do not decompress properly.  Is there a new link for download or has it been taken down?  I'm reading I am not the only one having the trouble.  I'm using Winzip14 to unzip the package.

Disregard all of that...I had a hunch 7zip was required.  Phantom bolstered it.  I have it now and it looks good.  Happy flying!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 08:52:03 pm by BoxxMann »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #998 on: September 14, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »
Glad I helped a little bit :D
Pat☺

Mattieduck

« Reply #999 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:44 am »
could anyone tell me why my ordnance and landing gear is showing up black on the clean version ,a-a,gbu and maverick however its only on the raaf textures i downloaded of page 66 of this thread training model works fine 

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1000 on: September 15, 2015, 07:07:24 am »
Just to be certain I'm on the same page, Mattieduck: You mean none of the weapons textures on the RAAF version show up? They work right on all the other versions from page 66? And even on the RAAF version, the Training loadout textures all work right? It's ONLY the weapons not showing up, like the Aim-9M's, the GBU's and so on?
I just want to be certain I have the right info to start working from...
I am DL'ing the RAAF C-Model textures now, I'll let you know what I find.

Mattieduck

« Reply #1001 on: September 16, 2015, 04:43:21 am »
Yea that's correct it's also the landing that also loads up black

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1002 on: September 16, 2015, 09:13:51 am »
Okay, Mattieduck, I have the RAAF testures downloaded. I didn't have time to look at it today, but I will tomorrow, and get back ASAP. Okay?
Later update (09-16-15 1200 PST): Ok, I see the trouble. The only RAAF textures are for the Training loadout ONLY. There aren't any others, so none with weapons on them. This is why all the "stuff" (missiles, bombs, etc) show as black squares. They don't exist. As to the landing gear. I will see. I am just getting a start on this...
PSB☺

Mr Witeside, sir:
I THINK I may be on to a solution for the excessive wobbling. I have been working only on the C model, Clean loadout, but I will adjust the others as I can and see what they do.
I changed, in the aircraft.cfg file, the [HornetFCS] settings. I changed the line PitchRateScalar=12 to read 11.785, and now I don't get the pitch or other control excursions, no matter what I do. What this will to the REST of the controller's effects, I can't say, yet. I will keep testing...I will also try raising it higher a little at a time, to find the point closest to the original 12 Orion and Jimi came up with, at which it starts up again. I will keep you posted.
Also, in the [flight_tuning] section, I changed the line parasite_drag_scalar   =    1.70 to read 1.25, in line with Peter's testing results on the NH model.
PLEASE NOTE: This is for the CLEAN loadout ONLY. I know that the original 1.70 is correct for the TRAINING loadout. I will change the other loadouts as I have time to test them.

I hope this is helpful to you it is addressed to...
Pat☺

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 09:32:37 pm by PhantomTweak »

Mattieduck

« Reply #1003 on: September 17, 2015, 01:36:09 am »
Cheers thanks :)

Kea

« Reply #1004 on: September 17, 2015, 08:55:09 am »
Mattieduck

Apologies for the texture problem - I think the file that was missing was CP_F18_6_T. I've re-uploaded a new set of textures for the RAAF. I understand this only affected the C model (the D had the missing file already so should have had textured landing gear)?
The way I've done the textures relies on the base set of textures so I only need to include what is necessary for the repaint - keeps the file sizes down. Make sure you have a folder called just "Texture" in the main FA-18...15.6 folder and that it has textures CP_F18_1_T through to CP_F18_6_T, and also a bunch of textures called "weap_1" etc if you want weapons to show. Then make sure each of your repaint folders have a texture.cfg text file amongst the paints, which should read:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture
fallback.2=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture
fallback.3=..\..\..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

This will call up any "missing" textures from the repaint folder from the "default" Texture folder, so you should have textured landing gear and weapons if you apply the paints to other models.

Here's the Drive link again

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_KeMXMmL3b3WTZvVUVFOHB1X0U&usp=sharing

Any other problems just shout out!