Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148611 times)

Mattieduck

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #975 on: September 10, 2015, 12:04:53 am »
So it just a matter of me changing that line in the cfg what would I change it to if was was planning on flying the a model and does anyone have more recent link for this aircraft ?

Azframer

« Reply #976 on: September 10, 2015, 01:16:26 am »
So it just a matter of me changing that line in the cfg what would I change it to if was was planning on flying the a model and does anyone have more recent link for this aircraft ?

These are the latest downloads, Jimi is working on moving and will be making changes upon our review of them now.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6944.msg94146#msg94146

Rick

Kea

« Reply #977 on: September 10, 2015, 10:50:53 am »
Fellow Hornet lovers

I've just done a clean up of my texture drive and so have re-uploaded my texture sets now grouped by operating Air Arm instead of the mildly confusing system I had previously. Therefore, any of the old links on this forum will no longer work.

You can access all of the textures here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_KeMXMmL3b3WTZvVUVFOHB1X0U&usp=sharing

They are now grouped thus:

FAF (Finnish Air Force)
NSAWC (Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center)
RAAF (Royal Australian Air Force)
RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force)
SwissAF (Swiss Air Force)
Thunderbolts (just a dirty version of the Thunderbolts textures)
TUDM (Royal Malaysian Air Force - D model only)

Each zip file has sub-folders for both the C and D models, along with some important information and *current* aircraft cfg lines (as of 15.6). I've fixed a few issues on some of the earlier paints and generally had a bit of a clean up of all the sets.

If you have any trouble downloading these or getting them to work, just sing out - something's bound to have been missed amongst all these files...

Enjoy!

**EDIT**
Since uploading I've noticed the config entries for the D models have the incorrect sim= line (model won't show).
Please remember to replace the sim= line (currently reads "sim=FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\FA-18_15.6_flt") with the following, as per previous dicussion here:

sim=../FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training/FA-18_15.6_flt

Apologies for that - only applies to the D models.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:57:14 am by Kea »

whiteside

« Reply #978 on: September 10, 2015, 04:38:45 pm »
Hello, Will, and a lovely good morning to ya.  :)
First, no I don't have any really new cockpit updates or anything. I had the latest textures from Mr. Azframer (for which I am MOST grateful), but they were included in the v15.6 downloads. So, no, nothing new. Must just be different systems, maybe? Textures are FAR from my forte.
If I select a C172 and then come back into the FA18 I see it is now ON. I input 20X in the TACAN and T/R "Transmit/Receive is selected
The answer is contained in the question, as my sensei used to tell me, which I always found bloody frustrating. First and foremost, yes, I use a add-on scenerey from FlightSim.com, zip file name KNRA_FCLP.zip. Most importantly, though, is that you're still plugging TACANs into the UFC as a TACAN, not a frequency. When you switch to the Cessna and back, it's converted to frequency, then to TACAN. If you put it into the UFC as a frequency, I believe your troubles will be fewer. Instead of 20X, punch in (in this case) 10830 (enter). It's a bit of trouble the UFC has always had. It will also indicate OF until you are in-range, and some of them, you need to be off the ground, sometimes as far as 1200', although the closer you get, the lower they show. I am pretty sure, though, your problem is HOW you enter the input on the UFC, not WHAT you enter, as in, you enter 20X, not 10830. Get used to always entering frequency. Every TACAN has one :D
As to the TACANs on the DDI, quick, simple, easy, and painless, and you're gonna kick yourself when you hear this :D If you look at the lower left area of the DDI, when HSI is boxed (either side's display is irrelevant), you will see a softkey, OFF by default. If you look at mine, it shows TCN. Just hit the button on the outer edge, like you would to display the MENU choice in the middle of the display, for example. First click, you see TCN, second, BCN (NDB's within the display range), and so on. Display range is selected at the top center softkey, marked SEL10 in my full cockpit picture, as I have the 10 mile range selected. Each button press increases the range, until 80 miles, when it cycles back to 5 miles, the default. Every softkey has a use. Play with them. Worst thing you can do is change displays  ;D
I hope this finally clears your questions up! If not, let me know, and we'll see what we can see  8)

Mr. Azframer, sir, and Mr. Mattieduck, and a lovely good morning to you both also! It really is too, at least here, anyway.
I found that just changing the sim= line for the [fltsim.0] in the D model's to FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\FA-18_15.6_flt will do the trick also. Note the lack of the "../" part. Also notice the switch from the use of the front slash (/) to a backslash (\). Does it really matter? I have no idea, but I DO know there is no FA-18D_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\FA-18_15.6_flt file, so having the D instead of a C will display an error when trying to find the plane.
I hope this helps a little bit...

Pat☺

Great instructions Pat. Yes I feel pretty foolish not knowing about that button. I know this was not your intention. :)
I didnt know that the Receiver would show OF if the station was out of range or a freq not input.
I have the Blue Angel panel on all of my cockpits. Is there a way to go back to a stock panel?
I dont want a stopwatch in my view if possible. :)
Thanks! This is great.
Will

PhantomTweak

« Reply #979 on: September 11, 2015, 07:24:02 am »
I have the Blue Angel panel on all of my cockpits. Is there a way to go back to a stock panel?
Are you using the C model, v15.6? If so, do you have the Training C model installed?
I am pretty sure all the D models use the BA panel. It's integral to D model planes Model file, and can't be changed.
If you ARE in fact using C model (any loadout, ie: A-A, Clean, whatever), v15.6, and have the Training Loadout installed in the \simobjects\airplanes folder, look down the Aircraft.cfg of the plane you're having trouble with, and make certain [fltsim.X] of each individual texture has a line in it that says panel=Fleet. Then, look at your plane's Panel.fleet folder and make sure that in the panel.cfg file is a line that reads alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\Panel.Fleet
This should have the C model's panel in them. No stopwatch, inverted flight gauges or inverted tank switches, etc.
Hope this helps a little :)

I do apologize! I most certainly didn't intend to make you feel foolish. I tend to have very little problem with pushing every button I see to see what they do, so I mistakenly presume everyone does :D I sincerely apologize.
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #980 on: September 11, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »
I see effects such as LEX vapor with no problem here.  I was thinking, maybe the conditions in which vapor shows up is different between Peter's version and this one.  Please keep in mind that this effect is based on environmental conditions such as ambient temperature.  Factors such as those will determine at what G the effects will appear or if they will appear at all.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Azframer

« Reply #981 on: September 11, 2015, 04:53:09 pm »
I see effects such as LEX vapor with no problem here.  I was thinking, maybe the conditions in which vapor shows up is different between Peter's version and this one.  Please keep in mind that this effect is based on environmental conditions such as ambient temperature.  Factors such as those will determine at what G the effects will appear or if they will appear at all.
I have noticed that as well going from Desert Arizona to swampy Florida, the effect show quicker in Florida than Az.

Another thing with this release is Auto flaps, at startup the elevators are in the down elevator position as per usual, flaps are in up position when before I think it was half flaps(?) position. At the point of what I am guessing is a oil pressure warning goes off, the flaps finally drop to half and then go right back up. With the flaps switch on auto ( Assuming forward is auto ) I get zero flaps movement unless I ask for a position with my flight stick.
Before this version it would before start up would be in half flaps and a down elevator position, upon start elevators would go neutral and flaps would go up. I would ask for half flaps and they would retract when speeds were right for them to go up while in auto position. When I pull back on the stick flaps had all the right moves, this version I get nothing when pulling back on stick, only elevators move.
When I pull full back on the stick doing a loop it seems too precise too clean and crisp to me, more speed should be scrubbing off and it is not,AoA does not look right in doing this.
Don't take this wrong, I love this plane and all the work going into this is much appreciated, much respect, I am just saying what I see and feel helping you dial it in.

Rick

whiteside

« Reply #982 on: September 11, 2015, 05:06:51 pm »
Pat! NO, I was just kidding. I really, really appreciate you  steering me right and for all of your help. I am having a ball with this!
Seriously:)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #983 on: September 11, 2015, 08:17:28 pm »
Az,

Did you update Visual C++ prior to installing per page 63?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #984 on: September 11, 2015, 08:23:04 pm »
Mr. Azframer: The flaps switch in the VC has no effect on anything. It's eye-candy only that it moves. You need to either use the F keys (F5-F8 by default) to make the flaps do anything. With no Hyds, they "droop". Does that help explain things?
Also, is, maybe, the APU on prior to starting? It will, I think, provide enough Hyd pressure to retract the flaps and make the horizontal stabilators move to match the stick position.
I think that's what you were asking, wasn't it?
...going from Desert Arizona...
I lived in Yuma for almost 30 years. Believe me, I was SO glad to be able to go away from Arizona!! I hated the place from Day 1 (Jan. 1, 1980). BLECH! I lost an eye, a wife, parts of my right arm bones there, and close to my life more than once. I HATE YUMA!  :-\   :'( >:(
Other than that, it was a great place...

Mr. Whiteside: I am really glad you're enjoying it so much! And I am glad to provide what little help I can. With Jimi moving and Mr. Orion apparently UA, they are very busy, so if I can assist in any way, I am glad to :D

Hiyas Jimi! I hope that everything is going well for you!
I will see what the temp has on the vapor effect. I thought I had the conditions met, but I know what I get for thinking...
Did you get a chance to look into my post about the latest Steam update they did? I can't use your v15.6 any more!! It's breaking my heart too, as it's SO much fun! If you have any thoughts on it, please let me know, I'm desperate for my Hornet fix... :D ;D

Have a great day all!!
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #985 on: September 11, 2015, 10:06:38 pm »
Az,

Did you update Visual C++ prior to installing per page 63?
I am up to date on C++.
PhantomTweak
I do realize what you are saying, what I am, or should have said, the flaps do not move when using elevator at all like they did before. If I take off before with half flaps I can go full burner and the flaps will not come up like they used to when you reached the magic speed. The flaps do not drop while engines are not running like they did before.
When flap were up in level flight, when I pull the stick back the flaps worked and moved like they should, now nothing.

I am starting to feel like this is all just happening to me alone and will just become a spectator at this point on

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #986 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:36 am »
Ahhh, sorry, I misunderstood. I will look at mine in the AM and see what I can see, and get back to you asap  :)

And just a note to all: Either Steam fixed what they did to me, or I did. What did I do? Not a clue. But it's fixed. I am kinda suspecting that either the re-installation of the Legend Simconnects did it, the re-installation of the 32 bit version of the Visual C++, the re-installation of the Hornet for the Zip file, or one (or more) of those in combination with a number of reboots.
Just wanted to let every know, I can get my Hornet fix again  ;D

Grea

whiteside

« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2015, 04:18:56 am »
Do you guys get spurrious pitch commands above 500 kias?
Then have to reset fcs to get rid of them?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2015, 07:43:37 am »
Yes! I just noticed it today when I did a Hi-low-low-hi from Miramar to Yuma to "bomb" Yuma into the stone age! MUHAHAHAH!!!
Ahem...ANYway, when I dove down for the Hi->low transition on the way in, I accelerated to about 550kias on the way down, and my pitch was bouncing up and down about 10°-15°, until I slowed to about 400kias. After I leveled at about 250'AGL I was able to speed up to mach 0.85, about 550kts, then when I did the pop-up to 1000'agl, went inverted, and dove for the delivery, it started again. I managed to pull out, slow down and get it to stop, and did the pop-up again, this time below 400kias, and no trouble, I accelerated back up to mach 0.85 again for the egress, and it never happened again.

I will experiment more tonight and see what happens...I have a couple ideas about it.
Pat☺

PhantomTweak

« Reply #989 on: September 13, 2015, 08:46:31 am »
Mr. Azframer, sir: Could it just be an animation problem, maybe? I didn't watch the animations, but I went to full burner and pulled hard up into a loop. Both the LEF and TEF (Leading and Traing edge flaps) Moved as they should, at least as far as the plane is concerned, as you can see by a look at the indications in the first picture I put up. Maybe you can take a look then the "problem" happens to yours, hit SHFT+8, and watch the indications of the gauge that is called up. At least it will zero in the problem. I didn't get a chance to check with the engines shut down. Did your trouble happen, as far as the flaps drooping with the engines off anyway, only when on the ground, only when airborne, both? This will also help us zero in...

Jimi, or Orion: My commanded control surface excursions only happed, oddly, during a very steep descent, usually with the speedbrake out to keep the speed under control. IE, when descending from, say for example, 25000'MSL at about 350KIS or higher, and a descent angle of about 25-40° (anywhere in there), I was getting huge control surface commands I wasn't putting in. Please see the second photo I attached. I don't know what's causing this, but I have a few ideas to try on the PID controller settings in the Aircraft.cfg. If I DO fix this problem, I an concerned at what OTHER effects it may have on the PID Controllers.
This was with either the new HORNETFCS.dll Mr. Orion posted, and the one that came with it originally, if it matters.
I will test further, and post the results!
Great flights to all!
Pat☺