Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1152909 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #960 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:46 am »
Hi Jimi!
Always good to hear from ya :D I know you're very busy, with the PCS coming up, so any time you give even the forums alone is appreciated.
I looked some, but effects, as i mentioned, aren't my strong suite. I'll keep trying to figure the situation out, for all the good I've done so far. I do know for a fact that the NH v2.3.0 effects work fine, so I'm working off that as an example. Maybe not a great idea, but all I can think to do.
Have a great time moving to Hawaii! I know it's not easy...
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #961 on: September 08, 2015, 12:11:55 pm »
Pat,

Thanks for the good words.  Much appreciated.  Maybe you can help me out.  Can you take a glance at the smoke section in the cfg of the training bird and compare it with the smoke sections of the other variants (with the exception of the Blue Angels)?  They should all match.  If not, copy and paste the smoke section from the Training variant and apply to the others.  That should fix it.

Please let me know if that works.  Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #962 on: September 08, 2015, 08:27:42 pm »
No problem! Just a head's up though, as far as I recall, the Training model has the same problem. I shall recheck though.  I have a horrible memory.

Just a note: I DO know Peter's NH model v2.3.0 effects are fully functional, LEX, wing-tip, engine, the works. Always presuming the correct conditions for the correct effect are met, naturally. Easy enough to set up.
Point being, of course, that perhaps I can utilize Peter's A)[Smoke] section or, if that doesn't work, B) the different XML files from his FX folder and the Effects portion of his panel.cfg, one at a time, naturally, to try and get yours going.
I'll post my results, and, on the vague, off chance I manage to find something, what I do to get it.

Have fun! The next few weeks should be a real adventure for you :) I don't know if you plan of shipping your vehicle(s), if any, over there, but just wait. [/sarcasm on]That in and of it's self is a joy to accomplish.[/sarcasm off]

Talk again soonest!
Pat☺

whiteside

« Reply #963 on: September 08, 2015, 09:18:39 pm »
Are you guys able to display tacans on DDI?

whiteside

« Reply #964 on: September 08, 2015, 09:19:48 pm »
Btw, in the training brown camo  27 hornet I get effects in backseat not front. Thanks for all of the hard work on this jet!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #965 on: September 08, 2015, 09:45:30 pm »
Don't know. You use the left one? I'll look. I presume you mean put a Tacan in on the UFC, hit enter, and see the Triangle and CSL line for that Tacan? Or do you mean just display Tacan locations, like you can airport on BCN locations on the HSI with the little button on the lower left? Just making sure I know WHAT to look for :D

Jimi!
I think I found the Effects problem. All the Effects XML's in the FX folder call out the wrong [Smoke] line numbers. Like LEX are called, in the XML, to be lines 10 and 11 in the [Smoke] section, but when you moved the Flare effect, it changed ALL the line numbers, so the XML's are should be calling 9 and 10.
Just take a glance at each XML, and compare it to the [Smoke] line numbers and you'll see what I mean. I am going to try and put the NH model's [Smoke] section in, adjust the Flare Cut Off XML for hte new line number, and see if everything works. I may be way off on this, but it looks to my pea-brain like this is where the problem is.
I think either ALL the line number call-outs in the XML's need to be adjusted, or the [Smoke] section line numbers do. Since I am slowly learning about XML's I can TRY either method, but it seems to me that adjusting the [Smoke] line numbers to match the newer XML's is the easiest.
Examples:

Excerpt from Vapor.XML in the FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\panel.fleet\FX folder:
(L:Vapor Calculator, number) 1 >
(A:SMOKE ENABLE:10, bool) ! and
(A:SMOKE ENABLE:11, bool) ! and
if{ 10 (>K:SMOKE_ON, enum) 11 (>K:SMOKE_ON, enum) } els{  }

Excerpt from the FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\aircraft.cfg [Smoke] section:
smoke.9=-19.00, 0.00, 1.50, fx_F18_FSXBA_MedG_LEXVapor_L
smoke.10=-19.00, 0.00, 1.50, fx_F18_FSXBA_MedG_LEXVapor_R

Once again, I may be way out in left field about this, but I thin this is the Effects problem.
As you asked, I did compare the Clean and Training models of your v15.6 [Smoke], and both are identical. Spelling is correct, and the line numbers in both are the same. Since the other models, A-A, Clean, and so on, all use the Training model's Panel.cfg via aliasing, they ALL have the same problem.

I hope all this helps out a little. Let me know if you want me to make changes in either [Smoke] or the XML files. Those I can't promise about, but aircraft.cfg's I'm pretty good at... :D
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #966 on: September 09, 2015, 12:25:16 am »
Well I had issues with Blue Angel D model not showing afterburner correctly. I opened config and cut all D models and moved to Blue Angel config. I cut and moved all textures for Blue Angel D model and moved to Blue Angel folder. I copied the models for D models the the folders as well and all works fine for Blue Angels now.

D model Fleet still did not show on selection screen at all none clean none Training. Model Folders in D model were Training or Clean I changed the names to Model.D_Training and Model.D_Clean and changed the same in the config file and all show up as Training now no Clean version show up, afterburner did look fine though. So I am closer than I was.
Going to double check the config file again and make sure I did not make a mistake putting Training on the Clean config file now.

Rick
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:34:03 am by Azframer »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #967 on: September 09, 2015, 02:17:34 am »
Hi everybody, I'm finally back online. Just got my new connection yesterday.

Pat:
I adjusted the smoke effects in order to be consistent for all FS, NH and CS mods, to facilitate changes/maintenance. When you look at the cfg and xml files you will notice that the numbers calling each effect are off by one number between the files, as far as I remember, due to the fact that the enumeration of effects in the cfg file starts with the number zero and not one. I hope this helps!
One other thing that kept bugging me was the fact that the gun and flare effects were always triggered simultaneously, with the key 'i'. I really would like to differentiate between these if somehow possible.

Jimi:
- Due to several new projects I'm currently very busy at the moment and will be in the foreseeable future. Concerning the promised texture updates - I promise to deliver, but it will be probably around next year, so please bear with me on this one. I did not even have time to check out the new versions you have recently released, I'm barely following forum posts. By the way, congratulations concerning you move to Hawaii for the next years. Best wishes, and I hope you have the time of your life!
- From several forum posts I just read, if I understand them correct, I assume that you have choosen one model version (A-A, or trainer) to include all the textures, other version models will need to be referenced/aliased to. I do not know if you have had time to take a look a the referencing/aliasing structure I choose for the NH version mods. It will in effect allow people to customize their own installation, e.g. if one only wants the Zuni and the GBU version to be present, one simply deletes all the other version folders while retaining the main version folder that contains the textures etc. At that time being it seemed to me the most simple approach, trying to put all the textures etc. in one general folder each version will reference to. This also facilitated later the introduction of customized air and cfg files for each single model version. Just a suggestion that came to mind when I read the posts.

Best regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:25:56 am by hd764jvgd843 »

whiteside

« Reply #968 on: September 09, 2015, 05:27:16 am »
Don't know. You use the left one? I'll look. I presume you mean put a Tacan in on the UFC, hit enter, and see the Triangle and CSL line for that Tacan? Or do you mean just display Tacan locations, like you can airport on BCN locations on the HSI with the little button on the lower left? Just making sure I know WHAT to look for :D

Jimi!
I think I found the Effects problem. All the Effects XML's in the FX folder call out the wrong [Smoke] line numbers. Like LEX are called, in the XML, to be lines 10 and 11 in the [Smoke] section, but when you moved the Flare effect, it changed ALL the line numbers, so the XML's are should be calling 9 and 10.
Just take a glance at each XML, and compare it to the [Smoke] line numbers and you'll see what I mean. I am going to try and put the NH model's [Smoke] section in, adjust the Flare Cut Off XML for hte new line number, and see if everything works. I may be way off on this, but it looks to my pea-brain like this is where the problem is.
I think either ALL the line number call-outs in the XML's need to be adjusted, or the [Smoke] section line numbers do. Since I am slowly learning about XML's I can TRY either method, but it seems to me that adjusting the [Smoke] line numbers to match the newer XML's is the easiest.
Examples:

Excerpt from Vapor.XML in the FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\panel.fleet\FX folder:
(L:Vapor Calculator, number) 1 >
(A:SMOKE ENABLE:10, bool) ! and
(A:SMOKE ENABLE:11, bool) ! and
if{ 10 (>K:SMOKE_ON, enum) 11 (>K:SMOKE_ON, enum) } els{  }

Excerpt from the FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\aircraft.cfg [Smoke] section:
smoke.9=-19.00, 0.00, 1.50, fx_F18_FSXBA_MedG_LEXVapor_L
smoke.10=-19.00, 0.00, 1.50, fx_F18_FSXBA_MedG_LEXVapor_R

Once again, I may be way out in left field about this, but I thin this is the Effects problem.
As you asked, I did compare the Clean and Training models of your v15.6 [Smoke], and both are identical. Spelling is correct, and the line numbers in both are the same. Since the other models, A-A, Clean, and so on, all use the Training model's Panel.cfg via aliasing, they ALL have the same problem.

I hope all this helps out a little. Let me know if you want me to make changes in either [Smoke] or the XML files. Those I can't promise about, but aircraft.cfg's I'm pretty good at... :D
Pat☺
Pat, Yes!
I put the TACAN CHANNEL in the UFC under TACAN and I have the HSI being displayed on the right DDI. I have Tacan selected and I see the DME displayed on the HUD. What I dont see is the TACAN displayed on the DDI.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Will

PhantomTweak

« Reply #969 on: September 09, 2015, 07:32:41 am »
Hi Will! (last question first :D )
Ok, I am not sure, but have you tried inputting the frequency (not the TACAN number) on the UFC? A number of TACAN entries don't always show properly unless you input TACAN stations as frequencies. IE: Instead of 38X, you have to plug in 11115 (enter) to get the right response.
Unless of, course, I am missing the point (which is always a likelyhood!). Could you possibly post a screenshot with what you say should be there pointed out somehow? An arrow, circle or something like that? I know, it would be on an empty spot, but I do a lot better with visuals. I only read it for the pictures, kind of thing :D

Peter, Great to see ya again! Glad you're back, and don't bother yourself about working to hard. I know how hard it can be to balance real life vs a sim, believe me! And to me, Real life (wherever that place is) is always first and foremost :)

Let me make sure I am getting this right: The line in the XML calling, say, Smoke 11, would actually be referring to line number 10, due to the XMLs calling out starting at smoke_1 and counting up and the [Smoke] section starting at line number 0, not 1.
If that's correct, please disregard my previous post :D I thought I was on to something there. Oh well, back to the old drawing board, as they say.

Still looking! will work more on it. I'll post what I think I find LOL!
Great night and fun flights to all!
Pat☺

PhantomTweak

« Reply #970 on: September 09, 2015, 09:40:58 am »
HEADS UP!
STEAM just issued an update (v.62615, dated Sep.8) that did SOMEthing to the Simconnect libraries, according to what I could catch. NOW version 15.6 has very limited pitch authority and NO roll authority at all, keyboard OR joystick.
I re-installed Simconnect version 10.0.62615.0, which had, up until this update, worked perfectly. I also installed the newest FSUIPC, version 4.9.4.4 or 4.944, however you choose to see it, as the update message indicated.
I also Re-installed the three Legacy versions of Simconnect.
No help. Still no roll, limited to no pitch.
That's as far as I've gone.
HELP!!!!! Please  ???
Below I included a link to the newest FSUIPC and the Steam Update message, in that order.

Install complete FSUIPC version 4.944a
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/
http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160

Will, I'm trying :D
Can you point out, on one of the pictures below, what's missing? The TACAN is set for KNRA (Coupeville FCLP field, near Whidbey Island) freq: 108.30, TACAN: 20X. If I'm not looking for the proper thing in the right place, let me know  :)

Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:43:31 am by PhantomTweak »

whiteside

« Reply #971 on: September 09, 2015, 11:29:39 am »
Thanks Pat, I get "OF" which I am assuming is OFF where you have ON on your UFC. How do I turn OF to ON? If I select a C172 and then come back into the FA18 I see it is now ON. I input 20X in the TACAN and T/R "Transmit/Receive is selected and I get nothing. Do I need another scenery pack? I can bring up CVV Penn Cove nearby but still no TACAN SYMBOL on HSI, just the T inside the triangle on the outer ring of compass rose like your second picture. Your first pic shoes TACAN ID's on the Left DDI, how do you get those? Thats what I am trying to achieve. Also, your digits look smooth and connected, a different font than I have. Its almost like you have some form of upgrade to your cockpit?
Will
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 12:03:48 pm by whiteside »

Mattieduck

« Reply #972 on: September 09, 2015, 12:52:14 pm »
hi I have recently downloaded the fsxba hornet and some raaf textures for this aircraft from this same thread however the aircraft flight model will not load u it comes up wit error saying unable to load flight model any suggestions

Azframer

« Reply #973 on: September 09, 2015, 05:12:13 pm »
hi I have recently downloaded the fsxba hornet and some raaf textures for this aircraft from this same thread however the aircraft flight model will not load u it comes up wit error saying unable to load flight model any suggestions
Mattieduck I downloaded all of the files and installed them all but I never could see any of the D models except the Blue Angel D models. It was when I changed the config file around and changed this line:
sim=../FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training/FA-18_15.6_flt
To:
sim=../FA-18D_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training/FA-18_15.6_flt
After doing that my D models showed in selection screen in FSX but when I selected them and clicked details it came to a blank black preview screen, I continue anyhow, once I clicked Fly Now however I got the same error message you got.
Something is telling me you might not have all required files maybe.
I had issues with the only D models to show in selection screen was the D model Blue Angels, when I flew those the right side afterburner did not work, it appeared as a gun effect out the front.
My last comment tells how I got all planes showing even though I don't really have a clean version of the Fleet D model.

Rick

Edit= Since then I did change that line back to:
sim=../FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training/FA-18_15.6_flt
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:13:52 pm by Azframer »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #974 on: September 09, 2015, 08:04:08 pm »
Hello, Will, and a lovely good morning to ya.  :)
First, no I don't have any really new cockpit updates or anything. I had the latest textures from Mr. Azframer (for which I am MOST grateful), but they were included in the v15.6 downloads. So, no, nothing new. Must just be different systems, maybe? Textures are FAR from my forte.
If I select a C172 and then come back into the FA18 I see it is now ON. I input 20X in the TACAN and T/R "Transmit/Receive is selected
The answer is contained in the question, as my sensei used to tell me, which I always found bloody frustrating. First and foremost, yes, I use a add-on scenerey from FlightSim.com, zip file name KNRA_FCLP.zip. Most importantly, though, is that you're still plugging TACANs into the UFC as a TACAN, not a frequency. When you switch to the Cessna and back, it's converted to frequency, then to TACAN. If you put it into the UFC as a frequency, I believe your troubles will be fewer. Instead of 20X, punch in (in this case) 10830 (enter). It's a bit of trouble the UFC has always had. It will also indicate OF until you are in-range, and some of them, you need to be off the ground, sometimes as far as 1200', although the closer you get, the lower they show. I am pretty sure, though, your problem is HOW you enter the input on the UFC, not WHAT you enter, as in, you enter 20X, not 10830. Get used to always entering frequency. Every TACAN has one :D
As to the TACANs on the DDI, quick, simple, easy, and painless, and you're gonna kick yourself when you hear this :D If you look at the lower left area of the DDI, when HSI is boxed (either side's display is irrelevant), you will see a softkey, OFF by default. If you look at mine, it shows TCN. Just hit the button on the outer edge, like you would to display the MENU choice in the middle of the display, for example. First click, you see TCN, second, BCN (NDB's within the display range), and so on. Display range is selected at the top center softkey, marked SEL10 in my full cockpit picture, as I have the 10 mile range selected. Each button press increases the range, until 80 miles, when it cycles back to 5 miles, the default. Every softkey has a use. Play with them. Worst thing you can do is change displays  ;D
I hope this finally clears your questions up! If not, let me know, and we'll see what we can see  8)

Mr. Azframer, sir, and Mr. Mattieduck, and a lovely good morning to you both also! It really is too, at least here, anyway.
I found that just changing the sim= line for the [fltsim.0] in the D model's to FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\FA-18_15.6_flt will do the trick also. Note the lack of the "../" part. Also notice the switch from the use of the front slash (/) to a backslash (\). Does it really matter? I have no idea, but I DO know there is no FA-18D_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\FA-18_15.6_flt file, so having the D instead of a C will display an error when trying to find the plane.
I hope this helps a little bit...

Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:11:01 pm by PhantomTweak »