Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148563 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #930 on: August 31, 2015, 06:21:24 pm »
I've been in love with this plane for a long while now.. with the last two versions.. I seem to have lost the LEX vapor during high G maneuvers and the Afterburner effects.. 15.2 has them..(I love the bluish burner effects).. is there an entry that can be put back into the config to bring these back??

THANK YOU to everyone involved with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the good words and I'll be sure to pass along.  As for the effects, can you please specify what version you are using and which variant (A-A, Training, etc)?  I did test effects on the Training bird and were working during testing.  Might be something that needs to be adjusted on other variants. 

So if you can, please select the Training variant and see if they work for you.  That will help me in fixing things.  Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Azframer

« Reply #931 on: August 31, 2015, 07:22:26 pm »
Did Google drive stop working?

Yea I am getting a blank page when it all comes to a stop/ stops loading.

Rick

Dman

« Reply #932 on: August 31, 2015, 08:03:23 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Jimi08

Ive been flying the Training C model.. I don't have the LEX effects or the Burners.. I have tested the newest D Training version and the same issue is there.. I have been usuing the 15.2 version because those effects still work on that build.. Maybe its specific to my machine???

PhantomTweak

« Reply #933 on: August 31, 2015, 08:03:41 pm »
I get a mostly white page, with a little back text on it in the upper left corner, when I try to download the Training version, but clicking the words Download Anyway, I think it was, worked normally for me. The BA and Clean versions both worked normally.

Mr. DMan, sir, I haven't unzipped and installed this latest update, YET, but if it works anything at all like the previously released v15.6 that came out recently, it will be a totally amazing aircraft, unlike, but better by light-years, nay PARSECS, than, ANY other aircraft in FS9 or FSX that I have encountered, bar none.

Pat☺

Orion

« Reply #934 on: September 01, 2015, 01:56:44 am »
I presume it reads f(x) equals 0.4 times X plus 0.0002 times X cubed, etc? Where X is the roll command input? This equation is what generates the roll command curve the aircraft's control surfaces actually use?

Yep, that's correct, although to be more clear, f(x) is read as "f of x" (i.e. function of x).  The input for x is expected to be in the range [-100,100] (i.e. negative 100 to positive 100, inclusive), representing the roll axis of the controller.  The output of the function returns a value that's used as the set point for the PID controller to determine the desired roll rate of the aircraft.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #935 on: September 01, 2015, 07:22:08 am »
Yep, that's correct, although to be more clear, f(x) is read as "f of x" (i.e. function of x).  The input for x is expected to be in the range [-100,100] (i.e. negative 100 to positive 100, inclusive), representing the roll axis of the controller.  The output of the function returns a value that's used as the set point for the PID controller to determine the desired roll rate of the aircraft.

Thank you, sir!
Good to know I haven't completely forgotten all that I learned. And yes, I should have written f(x) out as either F of x, or Function X equals... I just got lazy. Thanks for the correction :) And for the rest of the information as well,of course.
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #936 on: September 01, 2015, 09:46:09 pm »
I have no engine sounds at all with any of these planes, all other bell whistles dings bings even wind in high G turns work though. Also with all D models one burner lights, left burner and it looks great, other almost looks like tracers from gun fire out the front.
The planes fly great, very crisp feels more real in the rolls, but very easy to get the plane to depart during low speed high G's low altitude.
The only D models showing on aircraft select screen are the Blue Angels. Would the textures need to in the folders for the D model, I noticed the textures were in the Blue Angel folders but only a thumbnail for for the rest.
I would lie to see the plane meant to be D textures only in a D model and those that are C models to be a C model. If I can learn to set it up so I will do that. Kea has pictures posted of his C and D models.

Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #937 on: September 01, 2015, 11:05:41 pm »
I have no engine sounds at all with any of these planes,
In the plane's Sound folder, open the sound.cfg file. It reads alias=..\..\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound. Change it to read alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound.
Note the deletion of the ...\...
The sound will now work, obviously, presuming you have the Training version installed.
This will work for all the planes.

Now for my observations  ;)
I tried to launch off a carrier. I got set up correctly, launch-bar lowered, hit SHFT+I, the holdback locked in normally, JBD came up, flaps 1/2, pressed little trim button on the Rudder Trim knob, pitch trim now 10.6. All normal. When I began advancing the throttle, once I got above about 75% or 76%, the holdback failed and I moved SLOWLY forward out the little box on the deck, and the JBD went down. I tried it again, same result. If I hit SHFT+Spacebar, the cat would fire,  and if I was quick enough I could go full throttle during the stroke for a "launch". It's still not right though. Is there some place I can increase the holdback bar's "strength" or whatever it's called?
I gave up on carriers, for now.

During a PA I set up to Coupeville, it flew wonderfully. Roll and pitch rates are very controllable. All very nice now. EXCEPT: the autothrottle doesn't work.
I looked in the Panel.cfg file and found this: //gauge21=FCS!Autothrottle,.
WHY is the gauge remarked out? Is it not ready yet?
Mr. Orion wrote In addition to AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM (Shift+R by default) you can use the ATC button on the hard to click side of the throttle in his post.
I thought he meant the autothrottle was up and going. Did i misunderstand?
It's easy enough to fix, just need to delete the two "//" marks. Should I do this?

And lastly, my usual complaint about the Gear/Flaps indicator lights being too bright, and the speedbrake (etc) lights too dim to see at night  :P I am certain it will be fixed in due time.

Great to see the AOA indicator working properly now, though! Thank you for all the hard work on that!
Overall, a fantastic plane. It's a joy to fly in all regimes. Turns are tight, but look correct. I still can't fly knife-edge though. I'll work on it.

Great work, and a huge THANK YOU to all that were involved!  :D  :D
Pat☺

whiteside

« Reply #938 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:01 am »
I have no engine sounds at all with any of these planes,
In the plane's Sound folder, open the sound.cfg file. It reads alias=..\..\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound. Change it to read alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound.
Note the deletion of the ...\...
The sound will now work, obviously, presuming you have the Training version installed.
This will work for all the planes.

Now for my observations  ;)
I tried to launch off a carrier. I got set up correctly, launch-bar lowered, hit SHFT+I, the holdback locked in normally, JBD came up, flaps 1/2, pressed little trim button on the Rudder Trim knob, pitch trim now 10.6. All normal. When I began advancing the throttle, once I got above about 75% or 76%, the holdback failed and I moved SLOWLY forward out the little box on the deck, and the JBD went down. I tried it again, same result. If I hit SHFT+Spacebar, the cat would fire,  and if I was quick enough I could go full throttle during the stroke for a "launch". It's still not right though. Is there some place I can increase the holdback bar's "strength" or whatever it's called?
I gave up on carriers, for now.

During a PA I set up to Coupeville, it flew wonderfully. Roll and pitch rates are very controllable. All very nice now. EXCEPT: the autothrottle doesn't work.
Mr. Orion wrote In addition to AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM (Shift+R by default) you can use the ATC button on the hard to click side of the throttle in his post.
It's easy enough to fix, just need to delete the two "//" marks. Should I do this?

And lastly, my usual complaint about the Gear/Flaps indicator lights being too bright, and the speedbrake (etc) lights too dim to see at night  :P I am certain it will be fixed in due time.

Great to see the AOA indicator working properly now, though! Thank you for all the hard work on that!
Overall, a fantastic plane. It's a joy to fly in all regimes. Turns are tight, but look correct. I still can't fly knife-edge though. I'll work on it.

Great work, and a huge THANK YOU to all that were involved!  :D  :D
Pat☺

I dont see that file in the training FA18C folder. Help! No sound or any other effects.
Will

Azframer

« Reply #939 on: September 02, 2015, 01:19:53 am »
Thanks Pat on the sound that was the ticket. I was looking at the config file for the afterburner and they both look the same from the C and D model config file unless I am missing something.
I was looking into trying to fly knife edge myself, I had never tried it before, the nose just drops off even with full rudder. So in level flight I gave full rudder just to see how much rudder authority it has and it barely twitches either direction. I saw a line for the rudder in config file not sure if I should change this rudder_effectiveness   =    0.60 Not knowing if it should be in air file instead?

None of my comments are dogging anything just pointing out what I am seeing. It is coming along great, it seems to fly better everytime a new one comes out.
Thanks for the hard work and the time put into this project.

Rick

Edit=
Whiteside the Training folder of the C model should have all your sounds, just go to all other plane folders in the sound folder and change that line in there in the sound config as Pat was saying to alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound it says this now in the sound config alias=..\..\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\sound
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:27:27 am by Azframer »

Orion

« Reply #940 on: September 02, 2015, 02:05:55 am »
All very nice now. EXCEPT: the autothrottle doesn't work.

As stated in a previous post, you must install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145) in order for the newest version of the FSXBA Hornet FCS (i.e. HornetFCS.dll) to function.  Automatic throttle control is now a function of the FCS, and is thus subject to the aforementioned requirement.

Because automatic throttle control is now a function of the FCS, use of the XML autothrottle gauge is depreciated.  In fact, as long as you're running new FCS, you shouldn't have the XML gauge enabled in order to ensure prevention of any conflicts.

What I wrote is correct and you interpreted it correctly.  See above.

Given what was said above, absolutely not (unless you want to use the old XML autothrottle and potentially introduce conflicts). :P  Instead, install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 as linked above to allow the new version of HornetFCS.dll to function.

Edit: If the above doesn't resolve anything, replace your HornetFCS.dll with this version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19121193/FSX/FSXBA/Public/HornetFCS.dll

Edit 2: If that still doesn't help, make sure that you downloaded and installed the 32-bit version the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (vc_redist.x86.exe), as HornetFCS.dll is built for 32-bit platforms.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:09:10 am by Orion »

whiteside

« Reply #941 on: September 02, 2015, 02:36:07 am »
Brown aggressor CLEAN D MODEL WITH SOME Vape EFFECT ROCKS!!!!!
Nice Job! Are you guys using Rift and ButtKicker? I am still trying to find the vibration felt with the pre 15.2 version.
Will
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:47:41 am by whiteside »

whiteside

« Reply #942 on: September 02, 2015, 07:05:18 am »
AZFRAMER thanks that got it!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2015, 07:33:11 am »
AHA!!
I run a 64 bit system, so I DL'd and installed the 64 bit version of the Visual C++ software. NOW I see where I went wrong. Thank you very much, Mr. Orion, sir! Will they run side-by-side, or are they mutually exclusive? Well, I'll get the 32 bit and let y'all know :)
Thank you again. Appreciate the help.
Pat☺

Orion

« Reply #944 on: September 02, 2015, 09:11:12 am »
Since you're using a 64-bit operating system, you should be fine having both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable installed simultaneously.