Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148872 times)

einherz

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #885 on: August 18, 2015, 04:22:27 pm »
is it posible got only clean version with aggressor's(grey, blue, brown) skin?
no tanks, no pylons, no weapon, please(and with clean physics dynamic sure:))

PhantomTweak

« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2015, 09:20:03 pm »
The spin recovery mode in the FSXBA Hornet FCS turns on what I've dubbed "pass through" in my code: it doesn't do anything fancy and just passes the control input through to the sim (instead of preventing the sim from being able to read the pilot's input and doing the PID stuff to set control surfaces).  In the real jet I think spin recovery mode (SRM) is a subset of direct electrical link (DEL), which is actually a sort of failure mode with slightly different control augmentation system (CAS) parameters?
Ok, thank you, and yes, that's essentially what the NATOPS says about the SRM. Generally, if you are in an apparently unrecoverable spin, it's a "last resort" thing to try, before ejecting. Apparent;y, in this plane it does reset the PID to a "starting" state, which is effectively what the FCS Reset button does, so that's exactly what I was asking about :D

As to my small change. It makes the plane work much better for ME. Maybe it's not realistic, as the real plane flies, I don't know. But it seems stable and yet agile. I deflect the stick, and it does roll, the more the faster, so to speak, but with the change I made, I don't wind up wobbling around trying to get the wings to the angle I want, whatever it might be. It may well just be me, my system, my joystick, I can't say. But  it works prfectly for me , so I'll use it for now. Perhaps something like 1.737, or 1.738 would be better. I'll test and see. Again, this is all on me, and may not be as "realistic" as it should be. That's entirely up to wiser heads than I :)
As to the parameter I SHOULD be watching, the "error", I would love to, but Jimi removed the FCS data gauge, so I have to use what I have and kinda guesstimate as I go I DO appreciate you providing the chart, though, that is very helpful :D
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #887 on: August 19, 2015, 02:40:04 am »
Pat:  Thanks again for the input

Einherz:  I updated the "Clean" version link so the clean version should now show up.  Please download and install again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ExNusquam

« Reply #888 on: August 19, 2015, 05:42:08 am »
I haven't noticed any issues with bleeding speed while turning - it seems far more realistic than it was in previous versions. I've noted some issues launching off carriers at lower speeds (150 KIAS)- the PA trim seems to reset to something like 2° AoA after the cat shot, which can get exciting at 60 feet.

Loading the training version also throws this error for me, at least. Not sure if anyone else has seen this. http://i.imgur.com/76us97P.png?1

However, the PA FCS is awesome behind the ship. Trapping is ridiculously easy.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 05:53:23 am by ExNusquam »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #889 on: August 19, 2015, 07:09:29 am »
Check my post on page 59. I had this problem. It's because, for some reason, the pathing to the Sound.ini in the panel.cfg file of the Training version is directed to the A-A folder. If you don't have that one, or don't like the error in general, look at the Training's Panel.cfg file, and change gauge20=Sound/dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,  0,0,10,,.\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 A-A\Panel.Fleet\Sound\Sound.ini to read this: gauge20=Sound/dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,  0,0,10,,.\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA2015 15.6 Training\Panel.Fleet\Sound\Sound.ini.
Solves the error problem right off.
I finally started doing CQ's in this bird today, and you are right, it doesn't pitch up to 12° (10??) like the NH does. I think it's in the PitchTrim XML gauge, but I am still learning those, so I'll leave that one to Jimi. I only have so much time per day to DO things...
If you say it bleeds energy properly, and the other versions don't, I'll go with that. I have said many times. I have NO actual experience in an F/A-18, so all I can do is rely on what I've seen in other versions. Thanks for verifying that for me :D

Jimi, thank you for correcting the Clean version. I like that one the best, personally :) The AOA indicator lights, on the left of the HUD, do still flash as though the Hook Bypass switch is in Carrier with the Hook up, which ever position the switch actually is. If I put the hook down, though, it stops flashing. Just a heads up, no rush on this. It's a pretty small detail in the overall scheme of things, after all :D

As to the cockpit textures, and this should rightfully be directed at Mr. Azframer, I think (although rarely :) ), the Warning Lights right up under the glareshield to the left of the UFC, the Speedbrake, and so on, are back to being virtually invisible in the daytime, and totally invisible at night. Also, the Gear and Flaps annunciator panel (the green lights with the gear or flaps down) are so bright at night, no indication of status is visible. I can't tell 1/2 vs Full vs no flaps, gear up or not, etc.  Those are the ONLY two issues I have at all with the cockpit textures.

Now, I go fly :D
Pat☺

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #890 on: August 19, 2015, 08:54:07 am »
'ExNusquam' brilliant clear video - many thanks for that - great work. May I enquire how the video was made with such good quality to be reproduced on Youtube so well please? Thanks in advance. I would be interested in your OS, software used to capture what in FSX and resolution of screen etc. Being able to see the HUD so clearly is a real bonus I reckon and then seeing the ball relatively well during the approach.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #891 on: August 19, 2015, 12:38:22 pm »
ExNusquam:  Thanks for the feedback and nice video!  As for the cat shot,  I've done most of my testing with Flaps HALF and T/O TRIM set.  With that, the logic should rotate the jet to approx 10 deg nose up at the end of the stroke.  Are you using the same configuration as well?  As it sits now, the FCS assigned AOA is set to reset (0 deg AOA) with weight on wheels and then captures and seeks to maintain the actual AOA present upon rotation or the moment the aircraft becomes airborne.  Either way, I will test and re-test aircraft behavior with and without T/O trim tonight. 

Pat:  Thanks for the help with the sound.ini.  I will implement and re-release tonight hopefully.  As for the AOA bracket lights, not sure if anything is going to get much better anytime soon.  Unfortunately, my coding to keep the lights on steadily is conflicting with the default acceleration coding that is driving the same lights.  With bypass on, the lights should be "flickering" versus the steady, consistent flashing when it is off.  The lights should remain steady on once hook is lowered.  The flashing is there to remind the pilot to lower the hook during carrier ops.

Did a very quick test of power output at both low and high altitude.  Seems to check out with the brief test that I did.  Clean jet did just under Mach at MIL power at about 30K and about 1.6 with MAX power.

In regards to textures, I can do them, but not very well haha.  Banking on those such as AzFramer, Kea and AHMenace to bring to bear their talents to remedy these issues.

Did some more tweaking to the .air and aircraft.cfg files to address the over-G issues in the 250-300 range and to address the feedback given about the sensitive roll rate in PA mode.  Working with ORION to get the Auto Throttle Control (ATC) to work the way I want it to.  Will release updated files once complete.

Please, keep the feedback coming!  Much appreciated!

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ExNusquam

« Reply #892 on: August 19, 2015, 02:28:43 pm »
ExNusquam:  Thanks for the feedback and nice video!  As for the cat shot,  I've done most of my testing with Flaps HALF and T/O TRIM set.  With that, the logic should rotate the jet to approx 10 deg nose up at the end of the stroke.  Are you using the same configuration as well?  As it sits now, the FCS assigned AOA is set to reset (0 deg AOA) with weight on wheels and then captures and seeks to maintain the actual AOA present upon rotation or the moment the aircraft becomes airborne.  Either way, I will test and re-test aircraft behavior with and without T/O trim tonight. 
I played around with the cat shots a bit more, and it looks like if you use the default endspeed and leave TO trim pushed in for the shot it will work find. The initial issue seems to be that I was using the TacPack to drop the end speed down to a more reasonable 150 knots, in this case, the FCS seems to have a bit of trouble getting into the propper flyaway attitude. I've been using full flaps as that's what I assumed is used - I'll look at the NATOPS when I get a chance.

Phantom, thanks for the heads up that. I saw that it was just a filename error, but figured it was worthy of posting anyway.

'ExNusquam' brilliant clear video - many thanks for that - great work. May I enquire how the video was made with such good quality to be reproduced on Youtube so well please? Thanks in advance. I would be interested in your OS, software used to capture what in FSX and resolution of screen etc. Being able to see the HUD so clearly is a real bonus I reckon and then seeing the ball relatively well during the approach.
I'm running nothing special. Windows 8.1 at 1920x1080. FRAPS used to record FSX. Ran the avi file through windows movie maker to convert it to an H.264 MP4 file so Youtube would like it better.

einherz

« Reply #893 on: August 19, 2015, 04:03:09 pm »
Pat:  Thanks again for the input

Einherz:  I updated the "Clean" version link so the clean version should now show up.  Please download and install again.
thank you, man, but where could be found link? thank you

einherz

« Reply #894 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:06 pm »
I haven't noticed any issues with bleeding speed while turning - it seems far more realistic than it was in previous versions. I've noted some issues launching off carriers at lower speeds (150 KIAS)- the PA trim seems to reset to something like 2° AoA after the cat shot, which can get exciting at 60 feet.

Loading the training version also throws this error for me, at least. Not sure if anyone else has seen this. http://i.imgur.com/76us97P.png?1

However, the PA FCS is awesome behind the ship. Trapping is ridiculously easy.

confirm, i get that too about sound path error

whiteside

« Reply #895 on: August 19, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »
Phantom Tweak, thanks. I installed the AA version and that cleared up the error. I am still unable to put needles up on the hud. I am spawning the Nimitz from Tacpack. I have the ILS frq. set at 111.00 and the TACAN at 57X. With Land Based ILS, I can see the needles on the DDI HUD but not HUD up front. I am using FSX GOLD EDITION and I have not installed ANY other updates. Could this be the issue? When I use the SuperBug at the same Carrier(NIMITZ) I am able to see the ILS.
Very cool jet JIMI!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #896 on: August 19, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »
Clean Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZQ3RYeTdPdWhrMVE/view?usp=sharing

Whiteside:  Thanks.  Not sure if the HUD is integrated with the TACPAC carriers yet (a work in progress).  Should work for ground based ILS though.  Need you to confirm the following:
-Needles Display option is selected.  This can be done by pressing SHIFT + 2 and clicking on the applicable button.
-Confirm that you are entering the ILS freq in the ILS menu on the Up Front Control Panel.  This can be done by pressing the ILS button first, entering the ILS/TACAN freq and pressing ENT.

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

whiteside

« Reply #897 on: August 19, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »
Ok I get land based ILS on HUD but still nothing on any CV any freq.
really wierd!

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #898 on: August 19, 2015, 05:47:11 pm »
Thanks for the info 'ExNusquam' "...I'm running nothing special. Windows 8.1 at 1920x1080. FRAPS used to record FSX. Ran the avi file through windows movie maker to convert it to an H.264 MP4 file so Youtube would like it better...."

I'm guessing you used FRAPS during your actual flying? I cannot get FRAPS to work in Win 8.1 (the last version made available whatever it was) and then FRAPS went off line (I'm guessing because of Win8.1 compatibility issue?). Up until Win8 I had used FRAPS from FRAPS beginning without many issues in various Windows versions so I'm baffled. Maybe I need to look again. The tip about making an H.264 file .MP4 for Youtube is probably vital for HUD clarity than any other method.

Have looked to confirm I have the last version of FRAPS 3.5.99 made available and that the website is now back online (it was off line for a long time earlier).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:06:50 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

einherz

« Reply #899 on: August 19, 2015, 05:56:29 pm »
Clean Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZQ3RYeTdPdWhrMVE/view?usp=sharing

Whiteside:  Thanks.  Not sure if the HUD is integrated with the TACPAC carriers yet (a work in progress).  Should work for ground based ILS though.  Need you to confirm the following:
-Needles Display option is selected.  This can be done by pressing SHIFT + 2 and clicking on the applicable button.
-Confirm that you are entering the ILS freq in the ILS menu on the Up Front Control Panel.  This can be done by pressing the ILS button first, entering the ILS/TACAN freq and pressing ENT.

Hope this helps.
look like some missunderstud:) i mean only clean version with aggressor's skins, this one i found in your posts:) but for this working i need install all other
thank you