Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1152423 times)

whiteside

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #825 on: August 04, 2015, 03:53:48 pm »
I installed the Iris A10 as well and I get a similar sound file error but no simconnect ID error.

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #826 on: August 04, 2015, 04:58:16 pm »
Whiteside:
I get the same sound.ini error message from time to time, switching between different model versions back and forth, usually for development reasons. The result is a distortion in the sound effects. Usually switching slowly between different views and giving the sim a few seconds to get settled and than reloading a different model fixes the issue, meaning the model will be loaded without the error message. In some cases restarting the sim also helps.
I have no idea what actually causes this message, because the mentioned file is not present in any mod version I got. In the panel.cfg gauge17 is referencing the respective sound.ini:

//SOUND   
gauge17=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound,  2,2,2,2, \Sounds\Sounds.ini

Moreover, I do not understand why sometimes everything works ok, and sometimes this message pops up. Maybe something is getting messed up during the load of the sound gauge?

Kea:
Concerning the visual glitches you posted, I have marked the positions where you can find the fixes in the screen shots. One word of advice, I found out that the margin of error for painting the exhaust feathers is very small. If you extend the black area around the feathers too far, they will show under the the airbrake cover. On the other hand, if you paint too much into the exhaust feathers, they will show the paint, as in your case.

Hope this is of some help, Peter
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:02:58 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

Montie

« Reply #827 on: August 04, 2015, 05:33:50 pm »
Can anybody point me to the two seater Hornet? I can not find the link...

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #828 on: August 04, 2015, 07:54:11 pm »
You can find a working mod of the NH version D model here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10839.0.html

Orion

« Reply #829 on: August 04, 2015, 09:00:40 pm »
Will: Not sure why that would happen; SIMCONNECT_EXCEPTION_UNRECOGNIZED_ID means that "the client event, request ID, data definition ID, or object ID was not recognized," and all of those are constants.  I haven't gotten that exception myself, so I can't really track down the cause of it.  Like Peter suggests, are you switching between aircraft or reloading the flight or current aircraft a lot?  That seems to mess up the sim after too many times.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:49:38 pm by Orion »

whiteside

« Reply #830 on: August 04, 2015, 09:36:46 pm »
Guys, thank you. I dont switch between planes often. Could it be the fact that I have not installed something previously or that my FSX with Accelleration is on another hard drive? What would actually need to be installed to make this go on P3Dv2?

Will

Azframer

« Reply #831 on: August 04, 2015, 10:52:32 pm »
Can anybody point me to the two seater Hornet? I can not find the link...

You should have a D model with download. The only real option unless I have missed something is a D model Training version which has bomb racks and center line fuel tank. Any paint scheme will work for it as long as config file is set for that model which in main folder you should have folder Model.D_Training.
Edit=
I tried to use the clean D model from Blue Angels and this was the results. I was wondering if I changed the model name from Model.BA8 to Model.D_Clean if the black spots would go away?

Rick
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:17:47 pm by Azframer »

Orion

« Reply #832 on: August 04, 2015, 11:02:49 pm »
I don't use P3D, so I haven't tested the FCS gauge with it; however, P3D is supposed to be backwards compatible with addons developed using previous versions of the SimConnect libraries (in fact, this is the recommended method of creating addons compatible with FSX, ESP, and P3D simultaneously).  It could be that Lockheed Martin changed something in the SimConnect API that causes something to not work the same.  Have you tested it with FSX Acceleration and gotten the same SimConnect exception?

whiteside

« Reply #833 on: August 05, 2015, 01:10:49 am »
I don't use P3D, so I haven't tested the FCS gauge with it; however, P3D is supposed to be backwards compatible with addons developed using previous versions of the SimConnect libraries (in fact, this is the recommended method of creating addons compatible with FSX, ESP, and P3D simultaneously).  It could be that Lockheed Martin changed something in the SimConnect API that causes something to not work the same.  Have you tested it with FSX Acceleration and gotten the same SimConnect exception?

By "it" you mean the latest version of the Hornet?
If so, no. I have stopped using FSX lately trying to use P3D only but I guess I'll have to use both:)
W

whiteside

« Reply #834 on: August 05, 2015, 07:11:00 am »
Heres one for you guys. I'm trying to install the Captain Sim original D model F/A18 which I get from the XLOAD program installation only when I try to install it, the installer wants TO INSTALL IN MY FSX FOLDER BUT WILL NOT ALLOW ANY install in P3Dv2. How do you guys get the D model from CS?I drug the CS D model over from my FSX Airplanes folder but the landing gear are invisible andd probably some other effects. What files must I move for this to work? ASlso all of the FSX Blue Angels D model jets have a black(no cockpit) Cockpit. And the Microsoft FA18's are showing a place but are not visible at all.
Im figuring if I can start off with a working model then maybe the rest will fall in place.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 07:38:47 am by whiteside »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #835 on: August 05, 2015, 11:46:58 am »
Hello whiteside,

both FSX FA-18C and CS FA-18D models will work fine, in P3D v2. The only thing to consider is that some LEX vapor and afterburner effects may not look as nice as in FSX or P3D v1.4, but that is just me ranting.

In order to properly transfer all that is needed to the new sim from you old FSX just copy the following folders, WITHOUT replacing stuff from the new sim (P3D v2 in you case) in case duplicates are present. Just go to the main folder of you old sim and copy the following folders: effects, fonts, gauges, simobjects and sound.
This is a simple approach. You could also look into each of these folders and copy only the necessary files for each airplane that are needed, if you know what to look for.

Note: Before you mess up your original P3D v2 installation, make a backup, e.g. zip the entire folder to an other hdd, so you can easily revert in case something went wrong.

In case you have A2A or FSUIPC stuff present you need to copy the content of your old modules folder too and register these addons in AppData>Roaming>Lockheed Martin>Prepar3D v2 under the dll.xml and exe.xml the same way as you did for your old sim.

An other approach is that you can create a dummy FSX folder, with an fsx.exe present and pointing Xload to that specific folder, where all its stuff will be placed. Than simply copy everything you might need from that dummy folder to your P3D v2 locations and it should work too. This is the way I usually prefer to do it, so one can actually control what is copied by the addons.

Additionally, in case you want to brush up your german language skills, you can find a very good artice on how to install addons without FSX present here, the best I found on the web so far, very detailed showing some very nice hints:
http://simmershome.de/prepare3d-ohne-fsx-mit-allen-fsx-addons-betreiben/
Mainly it is done by creating links to files and folder from FSX to the new version P3D or P3D v2. It will give you also a good understanding how addons are placed within the sim.

whiteside

« Reply #836 on: August 05, 2015, 04:08:22 pm »
Hello whiteside,

both FSX FA-18C and CS FA-18D models will work fine, in P3D v2. The only thing to consider is that some LEX vapor and afterburner effects may not look as nice as in FSX or P3D v1.4, but that is just me ranting.

In order to properly transfer all that is needed to the new sim from you old FSX just copy the following folders, WITHOUT replacing stuff from the new sim (P3D v2 in you case) in case duplicates are present. Just go to the main folder of you old sim and copy the following folders: effects, fonts, gauges, simobjects and sound.
This is a simple approach. You could also look into each of these folders and copy only the necessary files for each airplane that are needed, if you know what to look for.

Note: Before you mess up your original P3D v2 installation, make a backup, e.g. zip the entire folder to an other hdd, so you can easily revert in case something went wrong.

In case you have A2A or FSUIPC stuff present you need to copy the content of your old modules folder too and register these addons in AppData>Roaming>Lockheed Martin>Prepar3D v2 under the dll.xml and exe.xml the same way as you did for your old sim.

An other approach is that you can create a dummy FSX folder, with an fsx.exe present and pointing Xload to that specific folder, where all its stuff will be placed. Than simply copy everything you might need from that dummy folder to your P3D v2 locations and it should work too. This is the way I usually prefer to do it, so one can actually control what is copied by the addons.

Additionally, in case you want to brush up your german language skills, you can find a very good artice on how to install addons without FSX present here, the best I found on the web so far, very detailed showing some very nice hints:
http://simmershome.de/prepare3d-ohne-fsx-mit-allen-fsx-addons-betreiben/
Mainly it is done by creating links to files and folder from FSX to the new version P3D or P3D v2. It will give you also a good understanding how addons are placed within the sim.

Thank you for all of that. I tried making a dummy FSX but XLOAD wont see it. C:\Program files(x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #837 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »
Try placing the fsx.exe into dummy folder, and if that does not work try additionally creating registry entries for your dummy fsx folder. See attached zip below. Just change paths to your dummy folder.

whiteside

« Reply #838 on: August 05, 2015, 04:57:04 pm »
Thank you,
Let me take this back a few steps. On the Newest version of the Jimis FXBA FA18C, what do you name the folder in SimObjects that you insert all of the FXBA 15.2 files into? Also, will you point me to the direct link for the latest C model version of this aircraft?
Thank you.
Maybe going back to start will rectify this sim connect error then I will work on installing the basic CS D model.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:11:01 pm by whiteside »

whiteside

« Reply #839 on: August 05, 2015, 08:24:38 pm »
Ahh, I see it on Page 38. Version 15.2.
Is that the latest?

On the D model, I assume you install the CS D model then install the NH version?
Getting closer!
W