Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1152487 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #795 on: July 08, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »
Malibu43,

First off, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums here!  There's  A LOT of people have contributed to its success.  I'm sure they (as do I) appreciate the kind words.

Now to answer your questions:
1.  Working on that.  Just need to get some time to knock it out.  Stay tuned
2.  3-D model might be missing or mis-labeled somewhere.  I'll check it out.
3. & 4.  Have you installed all of the effects files that are located in the "Effects" folder that came with the jet?  If not, I'm guessing that's your issue.  If you already have, I'll re-investigate.

Hope this helps and again, great meeting you.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #796 on: July 08, 2015, 08:45:16 pm »
Hey all! I'm new here.Can someone post a DL link of the LATEST Hornet version?That would be perfect.
Thanks!
The latest from Jimi is the v15.2, posted on page 38 of this thread, as shown by Malibu, below.
There a few other versions available also, from Peter, on page 1 of the thread here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10839.0.html
They are also worth a try out, in my opinion.
Jimi and his team are working twords  newer version, and it will be out soon-ish (I hope!)

Malibu:
Peter is also producing a couple different versions, updated from the 15.2. You may want to take a look at them, also. If for no other reason than he has made some great liveries!
They wouldn't have been possible without Jimi, Orion and all the others, though, so full credit to them all!

Hope that helps a little bit...
Pat☺

malibu43

« Reply #797 on: July 08, 2015, 09:46:20 pm »
Malibu43,

First off, nice to meet you and welcome to the forums here!  There's  A LOT of people have contributed to its success.  I'm sure they (as do I) appreciate the kind words.

Now to answer your questions:
1.  Working on that.  Just need to get some time to knock it out.  Stay tuned
2.  3-D model might be missing or mis-labeled somewhere.  I'll check it out.
3. & 4.  Have you installed all of the effects files that are located in the "Effects" folder that came with the jet?  If not, I'm guessing that's your issue.  If you already have, I'll re-investigate.

Hope this helps and again, great meeting you.

Thanks for the reply.

You know what.  I just left the effects folder where it was (in the F-18 aircraft folder) and didn't copy it into P3D/effects.  I thought maybe that was an alternate way to handle effects in FSX/P3D.  I'm realizing now it probably needs to be copied into the main effects folder.  Is that correct?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #798 on: July 09, 2015, 02:42:34 am »
That is correct Sir.  All of the files in the effects folder go into your primary Effects folder and all of the files in the Texture folder within the Effects folder go in the main Effects/Texture folder.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

malibu43

« Reply #799 on: July 09, 2015, 05:56:26 pm »
That is correct Sir.  All of the files in the effects folder go into your primary Effects folder and all of the files in the Texture folder within the Effects folder go in the main Effects/Texture folder.

Thanks!  I'm all sorted out now!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #800 on: July 10, 2015, 12:06:41 am »
Sweet!  Nice pic!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

PhantomTweak

« Reply #801 on: July 10, 2015, 07:24:25 am »
Very nice picture! All I think when I see it is...PULL....PULL!!
 :D
Pat☺

edakridge

« Reply #802 on: July 23, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »
I have been working on getting Tacpack weapons working on the "C" model. Here is a video of some weapons testing, Air to Air at Fallon and Air to Ground at Pinecastle Range:

If anyone is interested, I will bundle it up into a semi easy install for them. I am also going to send what I have to Jimi for future upgrades. Also if any of you guys (or Gals) out there with coding skills want to help me out with getting "Smart" weapons working, just let me know!

Victory103

« Reply #803 on: July 24, 2015, 05:12:10 am »
Great work so far, to include the other models that have added TP capability. Not a coder, just using the SDK, but seem way behind you and the others on VRS forums.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Kea

« Reply #804 on: July 24, 2015, 11:09:33 am »
Nice one Ed! I have been tinkering around myself these past couple of weeks with TP and this fantastic bird - just some really basic SDK stuff like Victory mentioned. Added flares and chaff:

(only visible if fired from the cockpit though - haven't figured out how to fire them from external views, I presume it has something to do with coding the chaff and flares into actual switches perhaps...)

And the "highly experimental" TP night vision:

Have also added audio for the RWR but it hasn't been incorporated into a visible gauge due to my complete lack of coding ability - tones still work for search radars and launches though. Have added the in-flight refuelling probe connect position (not yet tested to see if it works) and have been trying to get the TACAN to work...

More than happy to upload for others if Jimi is happy - it's a fairly simple addition of some cfg lines and a new sound folder - I'm deliberately not messing with the stuff Jimi's already put in for TP with the future in mind!

edakridge

« Reply #805 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »
My stuff is pretty basic itself. My hope is that someone smarter than me can take what I have done and build on it, or transform it into something better!

BAnthonyH

« Reply #806 on: July 26, 2015, 07:39:06 am »
Hey guys,

I downloaded the classic but I'm having a the same dramas with some of the aircraft not being visible.
Also, does any one have a VFA-146 texture for any of the relatively clean versions?

Kea

« Reply #807 on: July 26, 2015, 11:34:30 am »
Also, coming soon... a bunch of NSAWC repaints!
Here's what I've done so far, just working on some blue and brown camo jobs then I'll put up a link for the NSAWC package.

(Sorry BAnthonyH, can't help)

NSAWC 00

NSAWC 32

NSAWC 22 (Marines)

NSAWC 26

whiteside

« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2015, 03:06:58 am »
Another first time poster here   :-[

I just stumbled on this amazing freeware after reading about it in another forum.  Wow!  Thank you so much to those who have put their time in to create this great mod for FREE!

I downloaded the Fleet package (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg87630.html#msg87630) last night and was really impressed in the few minutes I had to try it out.  The HUD is great.

I have a few questions:

1.  Is there a manual available somewhere?
2.  I get error messages stating "the model can't be found" when I select either variant that references the "Clean" model (prototype and VFC-12).  I swapped the pointer in the cfg file to point to the training model and they worked fine.  Do others have this problem or is it only on my end?
3.  I don't see any afterburner effects.  Is this normal or did I miss something?
4.  I watched the plane accelerate from 0 to 1000kts in external view and never saw the transonic effect.  Again, not sure if this is normal or if I missed something.

I'm using the latest hotfix for P3D v2.5.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Can you post the link to the hotfix for P3Dv2?
Thanks!
Will

whiteside

« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2015, 03:34:25 am »
I get a Simconnect message that P3d doesnt recognize the Hornet and no DDi's.
(Hornet FCS Simconnect Exception: Simconnect eception unrecognized ID)
I moved the entire FXBA Hornet file into my P3Dv2.5 Simobjects\airplanes folder and copied the effects over to effects.
Anyone have that error?
Thanks
Will
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 07:30:21 am by whiteside »