Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1153268 times)

Ah-Menace

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #780 on: May 18, 2015, 09:01:47 am »
Thanx Jimi!,and sorry fellas I didn't zip the textures but I will zip the Blues.

jc005e

« Reply #781 on: May 18, 2015, 10:57:55 am »
Okay guys im still having problems with the autoflap feature.   So as i start the game and load in the f-18 , i hit the flap switch to full and nothing happends an then i switch back to auto and nothing still happends.  I go take off and retract the gears and flaps still wont go up.  i even done the oppisite and still nothing happends..    how do you get the auto flaps working correctly?    I accepted all the dlls and im up to date on my fsuipc.   The flaps will only work when i press the flap key on my joystick and that key assignment was removed.    When back into the flight and tried the flap switch agian and nothing happends. I dont understand why it wont work.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:13:48 am by jc005e »

Orion

« Reply #782 on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:58 am »
I'm not sure why you're able to control the flaps with a key binding that's been removed.  To be thorough, try renaming the fsx.cfg, Prepar3D.cfg, dll.xml, and exe.xml files in the %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX, %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX-SE, %appdata%\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D, and/or %appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 folder(s), depending on which simulator you're using, as well as renaming the Standard.XML in the %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX\Controls folder (or the Controls folder for whichever respective simulator you're using).  If you've done this correctly there should be no third party addons launched alongside the simulator, and the control mappings should be set back to default.

After doing the above, go for a test flight in the FSX Blue Angels Hornet and when loading the aircraft, only allow the HornetFCS gauge to run (disallow all other gauges for the time being).  If the flaps work as described by Jimi in this post, then you can begin reintroducing addons, preferably one by one, testing the Hornet after each addon.

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #783 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:24 pm »
Hi Jimi, when I am flying maneuvers at a very high AoA in order to turn the airplane around, I am having difficulties with realistic flight behaviour. The culprit here seems to be the induced drag scalar value that is currently set very low at 0.35 of a default 1.00.
I realize that this has been done in order to tune the flight performance in compliance with NATOPS during normal flight.
When I set the induced drag scalar to 1.00 the expected behaviour at very high AoAs looks much better, but the airplane now is barely able to gain speed at leveled flight just with a small AoAs, and seems to bleed speed during moderate turns much too fast. I have not found an effective way to offset the loss in performance due to induced drag, without making the engines unrealistically powerful.

Do you have an idea where to look at? Maybe I have overlooked a table in the .air file, but so far nothing has struck my mind.

Best regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:05:27 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #784 on: June 03, 2015, 07:55:40 am »
Hi Jimi, when I am flying maneuvers at a very high AoA in order to turn the airplane around, I am having difficulties with realistic flight behaviour. The culprit here seems to be the induced drag scalar value that is currently set very low at 0.35 of a default 1.00.
I realize that this has been done in order to tune the flight performance in compliance with NATOPS during normal flight.
When I set the induced drag scalar to 1.00 the expected behaviour at very high AoAs looks much better, but the airplane now is barely able to gain speed at leveled flight just with a small AoAs, and seems to bleed speed during moderate turns much too fast. I have not found an effective way to offset the loss in performance due to induced drag, without making the engines unrealistically powerful.

Do you have an idea where to look at? Maybe I have overlooked a table in the .air file, but so far nothing has struck my mind.

Best regards,
Peter

Peter,

Remember, you have to take the scalars in the config file with a grain of salt as they are simply multipliers of the values found in the .air file.  So although .35 might seem low, the initial value in the .air file might tell another story.

I know there are a few different drag value in the air file.  I will take a look at them once I return home from this underway.  Now that we finished F-35 testing, I get a week and a half at home before going out again.

Can you further describe the control issues you are experiencing? 

Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Azframer

« Reply #785 on: June 03, 2015, 08:58:24 am »
jimi08 are you on the USS Wasp? I seen the video of the DT

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/f35/f-35b-stovl-variant.html

Rick

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #786 on: June 03, 2015, 09:55:09 am »
Can you further describe the control issues you are experiencing?

Thanks for your quick reply, Jimi. I am talking about post stall maneuvers like Herbst and Pugachev. During high AoAs (e.g. 50 deg.) the airplane does not seem to produce enough induced drag to slow the speed in order to stop and than turn around quickly enough. The result is a flight path that seems to defy the laws of physics. Despite these high AoAs the airplane continues its trajectory although reaching up to 90 deg AoA and more (aircraft can flip around). This should not be possible. When I set the induced drag scalar to 1.00 (all other issues put aside) the flight path looks much more realistic again during these high AoA maneuvers. Perhaps I am mistaken, but I do not think so.

In order to better fly and tryout these maneuvers I have increased the elevator effectiveness function in the .air file. Example during a tight turn at sea level at slow speeds (~180 kts), at max dry thrust, A-A loudout, one can pull with max stick input now up to 35deg AoA. This depends on the loadout. When more weight is added it is getting easier, less stick input required, to pull high AoAs. And the lighter the airplane gets e.g. Clean/BA the more difficult it gets, more stick input required, to pull high AoAs. I do not know if this is also true in real live, but this is the current behaviour experienced with the airplane (org. FSXBA and mods).

Peter
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:14:40 am by hd764jvgd843 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #787 on: June 03, 2015, 06:38:07 pm »
jimi08 are you on the USS Wasp? I seen the video of the DT

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/products/f35/f-35b-stovl-variant.html

Rick

Yes Rick.  I am currently assigned to WASP
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 06:53:17 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #788 on: June 03, 2015, 07:56:19 pm »
 ;D WOW 'jimi08' what a great place to be to participate in the recent F-35B/WASP OT-1 tests. :D

13+ Minute B Roll Video of the testing here: https://www.dvidshub.net/video/407436/ot-1-f-35b-lighting-ii-joint-strike-fighter#

Once logged in there are various quality/size video formats to download (which may take time for the largest one).

https://www.dvidshub.net/download/popup/407436
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:01:19 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

edakridge

« Reply #789 on: June 04, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »
Good Deal Jimi! I am a Plankowner of the Wasp.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #790 on: June 05, 2015, 04:28:05 am »
Good Deal Jimi! I am a Plankowner of the Wasp.

Awesome to hear!  She's a good ship.  Oldie, but goodie!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

whiteside

« Reply #791 on: June 24, 2015, 09:56:21 pm »
Hi guys, just switched to P3D V2 Academic. Will Jimis Jet work in there?
If so what do I need to import?
Thanks
Best flyin jet on FSX hands down
Will

PhantomTweak

« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:18 am »
And there is work in progress to improve the FCS, and a few other things, I think. How do they improve on perfection, I have no clue, but they seem to with every update! Amazing people, no question.
Pat☺

HAFPilot17

« Reply #793 on: July 08, 2015, 05:38:09 pm »
Hey all! I'm new here.Can someone post a DL link of the LATEST Hornet version?That would be perfect.
Thanks!

malibu43

« Reply #794 on: July 08, 2015, 06:45:13 pm »
Another first time poster here   :-[

I just stumbled on this amazing freeware after reading about it in another forum.  Wow!  Thank you so much to those who have put their time in to create this great mod for FREE!

I downloaded the Fleet package (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg87630.html#msg87630) last night and was really impressed in the few minutes I had to try it out.  The HUD is great.

I have a few questions:

1.  Is there a manual available somewhere?
2.  I get error messages stating "the model can't be found" when I select either variant that references the "Clean" model (prototype and VFC-12).  I swapped the pointer in the cfg file to point to the training model and they worked fine.  Do others have this problem or is it only on my end?
3.  I don't see any afterburner effects.  Is this normal or did I miss something?
4.  I watched the plane accelerate from 0 to 1000kts in external view and never saw the transonic effect.  Again, not sure if this is normal or if I missed something.

I'm using the latest hotfix for P3D v2.5.

Thanks!

Thanks!