Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1152486 times)

einherz

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #675 on: March 11, 2015, 12:41:55 pm »
hi, are there any plans to improve the quality of the cockpit, some 3d of inlet, gear, dynamic turbine and change flight model of clean version? something as razbam harrier or vrs rhino or real air or a2a developers do? it is not a pretension!!!
thank you

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #676 on: March 20, 2015, 09:20:35 pm »
Hello Jimi,

concerning the flight dynamics, I have lately been trying to eliminate the sideslip (yaw) due to bank angle, and have been somewhat successful in that, changing a few values in the lower section of 1101 Primary Aerodynamics.

Please let me know what you think in terms of general flight behaviour and realism, .air file attached below.

Best regards, Peter
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:38:33 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

jc005e

« Reply #677 on: March 22, 2015, 08:01:42 am »
hello peter I'm using your new airfile one the 14.16 model.   The new 15.2 isnt working right for me for some reason , the trailing edge flaps wont extend in a turn nore will the flaps automatically retract after take off and the plane gains alot of airspeed in a min radius turn when it should be bleeding off airspeed due to the drag of the f-18, idk if im doing something wrong but the problem im with the 14.16 model is the yaw behavior..  when in a knife edge the plane wants to maintain it and i know the f-18 isn't that precised like the f-16.  Anyway to fix it?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2015, 01:40:54 pm »
Hello Jimi,

concerning the flight dynamics, I have lately been trying to eliminate the sideslip (yaw) due to bank angle, and have been somewhat successful in that, changing a few values in the lower section of 1101 Primary Aerodynamics.

Please let me know what you think in terms of general flight behaviour and realism, .air file attached below.

Best regards, Peter

Peter,

Been working on another gauge with ORION to improve the auto-rudder system on the jet.  Part of the improvement deals with keeping Beta or sideslip of the jet nulled out while in flight.  At least during steady and in slow roll rate turns.  During right roll rate turns, extra rudder is induced via Rolling Surface to Roll Rate logic, in which rudder is proportional to lateral stick.  I'm currently out at sea, so I will continue to work with it once I get back ashore.

hi, are there any plans to improve the quality of the cockpit, some 3d of inlet, gear, dynamic turbine and change flight model of clean version? something as razbam harrier or vrs rhino or real air or a2a developers do? it is not a pretension!!!
thank you

Einherz,

There are plans to improve the quality of the cockpit in terms of textures, flight dynamics, and a few other things, but in terms of changes to the 3D modeling, don't expect anything anytime soon.  Please remember that Razbam, VRS, Real Air and A2A are professional companies with expert programmers.  Unfortunately with this hornet, you are stuck with me.  I'm learning, but not quite at that level of skill yet.  Thankfully I've had a bunch of good people to help and contribute to help us get this far.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #679 on: March 24, 2015, 02:11:23 am »
jc005e,

- have you tried version 15.2 with the updated Autoflaps.dll Orion has posted two posts down the original link for version 15.2? As of version 15.2, after take off, you need to manually set flaps from Half/Full position to Auto. I stubled upon this, too. This is as it should be, compiant with NATOPS, fixing an issue of earlier versions. Trailing edge flaps should work as intended during turns, bleeding off airspeed, at least they did for me each time. I have never noticed anything strange so far.
- The updated air file neutralizing the sideslip and yaw, I have posted, is more like a proof of concept for the NH version 15.2, as it statically neutralizes/compensates these forces almost 100%, which is somewhat unrealistic at slow speeds, I know. It also does NOT work as intended, in conjunction with the CS FA-18D version, due to differences in the loadout and overall balance of the airplane, as I realized later during more tests, leading to an overcompensation once you apply elevator during a turn. The plane will slowly start to rotate around the yaw axis, with the nose gearing upwards until it spins ouf of control. So a static approach does not seem to be an appropriate solution, as I learned.

Jimi,

thanks for the quick update on your thoughts - great to hear you and Orion have been thinking in the same direction.
Wish you a successful tour, and get home safe.

Peter
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:43:06 am by hd764jvgd843 »

Ah-Menace

« Reply #680 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:26 am »
Sup Fellow Aviation Family,
   First I wanna intro myself,my name is Anthony,but go by Ah-Menace(Ah-Man Enthused N Aviation Continuously Everyday).I also wanna give thanx to everybody who has put in some work on these projects that we love!(Thanx Jimi!!) So,I wanna contribute too!I've been working on some things myself,heres my fictional squadron hornet named "Aero Menaces".Yes my A.M. logo is trademarked and is the sign of my business named "Aviation Men" that I'm trying to get off the ground this year.I got some nice things coming for us,and I say us because it's inspired for all who loves aviation! I even made my english version of Hanimichal paint kit and willing to share it if I'm permitted too.I'm almost done with the cockpit textures and about to start on the Blues!Tell me what guys think,shouts out to my home Va.Beach and everybody @ NAS Oceana!

jc005e

« Reply #681 on: March 24, 2015, 05:32:47 am »
Also Jimi , i think the knife edge physics should be changed too.  with half flaps and at 170 mph she knife edges perfectly with no slidding , very unrealistic and needs to be fixed.

einherz

« Reply #682 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:10 am »
jimi08, thank you
good luck!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #683 on: March 24, 2015, 01:13:14 pm »
Peter & Einherz:   Thanks.

Ah-Menance:  Great looking textures bud.  Can't wait to check them out.

Jc005e:  I'll take a look.  Initially I am thinking something is up with your Auto-Rudder system as the system that I have designed always to seek "coordinated turns".  At knife edge the rudder should automatically start turning the nose toward to low wing.  It has also been designed to provide more rudder the slower you go.  If you are able to hold knife edges at 170 with no induced rudder input by yourself..., that tells me that the Auto-Rudder gauge isn't working.  Or... you might have one of the older versions of our jet.  What version are you testing?  Fleet or Blue Angels?  Is the model a 15.x series?  I know one of the older Blue Angels variants with the Auto-Rudder turned off would probably give you similar flight characteristics.  Either case, thanks for the input and help.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jc005e

« Reply #684 on: March 24, 2015, 11:25:55 pm »
Nvm jimi , i was using a different airfile , thats why is the plane wasn't flying correctly.

jc005e

« Reply #685 on: March 24, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »
I still can't manage how to work the auto flap system ,  peter did explain above but im still confused.  can you give me a step by step?

jc005e

« Reply #686 on: March 25, 2015, 06:56:19 am »
Okay guys , ive did some work on a decent F-18D for now.   You guys are free to make any type of fixes to the jet to make it better for other hornet pilots out there :)  , This plane will also include all hornet users from other nations across the world except for the RMAF (royal Malaysian airforce)  and the Jordan airforce.  You may also see the 14.1 airfile  in there but its the 15.2 , just had to rename it because i didn't want to go into the aircraft cfg and change them airfiles to it.   

Enjoy guys :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5hh49w761tf497i/Boeing_F-18D_v1.1.rar

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #687 on: March 25, 2015, 03:23:13 pm »
Jc005e,

As for the flaps, the following logic applies:
AUTO (UP):  Leading Edge Flaps (LEF) and Trailing Edge Flaps (TEF) both operate as a function of AOA.  The higher the AOA, the more the flaps deploy up until a certain point.  The LEF flaps will continue to extend until their max extension which is around 30 degrees.  The TEF will continue to deploy until around 25 degrees AOA and then they will start to retract again as AOA increases.  Max extension of TEFs are around 20 degrees I think.

HALF: Must be below 250 KIAS to work.  LEF still operate as a function of AOA.  TEF now operate as a function of AIRSPEED and will extend to a maximum of 30 degrees vice the 20 degrees in AUTO mode.  Because the operate as a function of airspeed, they will take airspeed into account to determine their flap position until airspeed is at or below approx. 180 KIAS, at which point, they will reach their assigned deflection of 30 degrees.  Anything above 250 KIAS, the flaps go back ito AUTO mode.

FULL:  As process as HALF, but now the TEF extend to a maximum of 45 degrees at proximately 150 KIAS and lower.  Above 250 KIAS, flaps go back to AUTO.

If HALF or FULL was selected before going above 250 KIAS, then they will be re-engaged automatically once the aircraft slows below 250 KIAS again.

Kinda wordy, but I hope this helps to clarify.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jc005e

« Reply #688 on: March 26, 2015, 02:20:56 am »
jimi08

i understand the logics of the flaps but thats not the problem.   i load my plane in on the runway and set the flap switch to full but nothing happens then i click on my joystick to full flaps and they come down but after i take off , i put the switch to auto and the flaps still stay locked down.   i even tried the opposite and still nothing happends.   IDK what the problem is & everything is installed correctly but this has been my probelm with 15.2 and i get frustrated to the point were i switch back to 14.18.

Orion

« Reply #689 on: March 26, 2015, 02:34:19 am »
I'm not sure why that would be the case.  Do you have any other gauges or addons that might be affecting the flap setting or flap handle position variable?