Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148460 times)

jason99vmi

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #660 on: February 27, 2015, 04:47:03 pm »
Thanks for a great aircraft! 

Just a quick question.  I'm unable to hook a wire on the Carrier is there a fix for this i'm missing.  I saw there were a couple updates to the air file for 15.2 but wasn't sure if they addressed this.

My brother tried as well but unsuccessfully so it wasn't just poor approaches  :D

Thanks again!

Jason

Azframer

« Reply #661 on: February 28, 2015, 04:50:00 pm »
Jason check your speed on approach you might be coming in to hot, I have done it also and bolstered having to come back around even when I clearly landed short of the wires.

Rick

whiteside

« Reply #662 on: February 28, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »
Hey guys, man do I love flying this jet!
I am using TACPACK
I have no prob making this happen with the Super Bug.
I have a few questions and I know there would be a better spot to place these.
Q1: How do I get the 111.00 freq in for ther ILS to the ship? (So far I have hit the ILS button on the UFC? and put in 47X then hit enter.
Q2: Getting the TACAN 27X to display hit TACAN button then entered 27X.
On HSI, I box either TCN or ILS.

Q3: Can I change the command that makes the visual of pilot ejection to something else?

Q4: Can I lower the parameter to get the airplane to "dig"? I use the buttkicker and I'd like to increase the effect a little. So as you don't have to pull so hard before you get a little airflow separation.
Loving CQ with this little Hornet!
Thanks for your time.
W

whiteside

« Reply #663 on: February 28, 2015, 10:03:14 pm »
On the TACAN AND ILS it seems its just on carrier based platforms. Am I doing something wrong?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #664 on: March 02, 2015, 12:09:53 am »
Have you read through the tutorial thread at the top of this forum? It pulled my tail outta the fire, and is very well written and very easy to understand. I haven't the fainest idea how to post a thread number in here (kinda sad for an IT guy isn't it?) or I would give you a link. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.0.html give that a try...

On a lighter note: Isn't this the very best FA-18 you ever saw for MSFS? I am continually amazed by it, and strenuously tell anyone with the slightest interest in this sort of bird to come here and get it asap. I cannot believe the effort Jimi and every one else put into it to really make it "As Real As It Gets"!!! [/rant off]

Pat☺

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #665 on: March 02, 2015, 01:26:21 am »
Jimi, et al.

I like to submit the following changes to the bird taken into consideration for the next release, if possible:

1) Smokesystem: Trying to correct an issue I had with the smokesystem that was caused by the CS version, I went through all the smoke effects and found a few issues within the xml effects 'smoke enable:xx' function calling the wrong line numbers. I have corrected them to the best of my knowledge (they all seem to work as expected now) and have changed the position of the Flare_Cutoff effect from line 5 to 9 as it was causing the issue with the CS version. In order to make the smokesystem compatible with the FSX and CS versions, please see if you can keep the new order.

2) Lights: When I was checking the lights at night, I noticed that the main light illuminating the runway is present for the MAV version only, and also cannot be turned off. Can this be fixed and implemented for the A-A, GBU, Zuni, Clean, and BA versions too? Also when turning the lights off, the position lights seemed to remain on, changed color from light green to light brown. Maybe there is a formation_lights file missing for the night, or something else?

3) Textures: The afterburner textures have been flipped upside down and caused the AB effect (of the model file, not the xml effect) to be inverted. Corrected files are included below. Adjusted weapons textures for MAV and Zuni included, too.

4) VC cockpit mirror: I have slightly changed the color of the VC cockpit mirrors to make the look a bit more realistic. See screenshots. One with the sun up in the back, and one with the sun from up front.

5) VC and HUD: In order to make the general VC cockpit view more realistic I have slightly moved and resized the HUD and adjusted eyepoint and FA18_HUD variables. See screenshots. For general flying I find it more appropriate, for a carrier or landing approach zooming in works fine.

6) panel.cfg: FCS!Carrier_Takeoff_Trim and FCS!G_Limiter seem to be obsolete, can they be removed?

7) hi_alpha_on_roll/yaw: Doing a few stall maneuvers at different altitudes I realized these could trigger the bird spinning around the yaw axis being unrecoverable without barely loosing altitude (rotating around a horizontal axis, not a vertial one as one might expect). This looked funny but was not very realistic so in order to avoid it, I slightly reduced the yaw momentum, and increased the roll momentum a bit.

8) p_factor_on_yaw/torque_on_roll: as I discovered later, these are valid for airplanes with rotating propellers only, so they can be removed safely.

9) wing_pos_apex_lon/vert: as these seem to have no bearing on flight dynamics and resembling entries (1515) in the .air file are marked obsolete, they seem just to be used for MAC calculation and visual positioning, so I have adjusted them for the vapour effects on the wing tips to match much better, now.

All the corrected textures, effects and values can be found in the file below, please recheck them in case I have made some mistakes.

Best regards, Peter

P.S. I could not find out how to trigger the cannon and flare effects manually. Key 'i' seems to trigger all effects in the smokesystem at once. Please elaborate.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 02:04:46 am by hd764jvgd843 »

whiteside

« Reply #666 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:04 am »
Yes, I LOVE flying it especially with the buttkicker!
OK, I have the Nimitz set at 27X for TACAN and 111.00 or 47X as ILS in TACPACK. I CANNOT get either of these to display on the hud or HSI. I hit ILS on the UFC and input 47X. Hit CSEL and select ILS on the HSI. What am I doing so wrong???????
:) Help!

whiteside

« Reply #667 on: March 02, 2015, 08:00:05 am »
They seem to work fine for shore based navaids.

whiteside

« Reply #668 on: March 02, 2015, 03:43:46 pm »
After much more testing, I still cannot get the ILS or TACAN to come up at ANY ship. I am using TACPACK. I have verified that I am using the ILS and TACAN frequencies/Channels that I set up for each carrier in TACPACK. Other aircraft(Superbug) see them both. Is there a sequence of installation or a patch for the FXBA Hornet I was supposed to install?
Any comments are helpful thank you.

On the lighter side:
I am now getting pretty good at CASE 1 and 3 CV approaches without the electronic guidance.
Between this FXBA Hornet, vLSO, Enterprise, Nimitz and my custom pit I am LOVING this experience!
Thank you guys and thank you JIMI!
Will

whiteside

« Reply #669 on: March 02, 2015, 07:32:22 pm »
Is there a way to turn off and on the TACAN OR ILS RADIO?

whiteside

« Reply #670 on: March 02, 2015, 10:19:16 pm »
OK, worked using 57X. 112.00 on Nimitz

whiteside

« Reply #671 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:28 pm »
I thought by spawning the carrier via TacPack was the way to get a TACAN AND ILS on the ship. Turns out it would work if the aircraft was TACPACK enabled.
Will

RivasSim

« Reply #672 on: March 08, 2015, 06:11:30 am »
Here is a pic of the A2A F/A-18 acting as an AI Traffic, this time is in the mission Resort Supply, here the airplane is not showing the pilot looking like an alien, however is showing the airplane with the wings folded. Also the A2A model is the only one showing with the wings folded in the selection menu, while the others appeared with wings unfolded.  I just want to bring it up, for situational awareness. Also my plan is to replace the default F/A-18 with this one, so if anyone has the NASA or U.S. Navy Test Pilot School (USNTPS) for this baby please let me know where I can find then.  Thanks.

Azframer

« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2015, 06:15:35 pm »
I went to fly my painted F/A-18C with it loaded for A-A and the wings were flexing up and down, I have not check back with it again. I ended up flying the A-G with no problems.

Rick

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #674 on: March 11, 2015, 11:44:48 am »
Here is a pic of the A2A F/A-18 acting as an AI Traffic, this time is in the mission Resort Supply, here the airplane is not showing the pilot looking like an alien, however is showing the airplane with the wings folded. Also the A2A model is the only one showing with the wings folded in the selection menu, while the others appeared with wings unfolded.  I just want to bring it up, for situational awareness. Also my plan is to replace the default F/A-18 with this one, so if anyone has the NASA or U.S. Navy Test Pilot School (USNTPS) for this baby please let me know where I can find then.  Thanks.

This is probably because we augmented the wingfold function on the A2A variant, so it would be animated in multiplayer.  It's default animation state is probably folded as you see in your pictures.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1