Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148701 times)

dreaminsight

Re: R: Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #600 on: January 21, 2015, 07:43:23 am »
PhantomTweak cut all your texture out of BA file and store else where and paste these in. Let me know of any problems.

Ummm....wasn't me that asked about the Blue Cockpit problem, Azframer.
Was it? I've slept since then...
I am much more concerned with how a bird flies than how it looks...
Pat☺
My bad it was dreaminsight. :-[

Oh, well it's right! ;D

Victory103

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #601 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:40 am »
Great paint, surprised it was never done for the CS Delta.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

edakridge

« Reply #602 on: January 21, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »
First, I want to commend you on the great job so far! Second, how far along are you on Tacpack integration? I know that the gun is working, but is there any progress report on the weapons integration? I would love to see this "C" model fully mission capable.

Azframer

« Reply #603 on: January 22, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »
Man this is slow going for me, especially being I am learning the textures and new paint software.Aggressor paint s quite hard on top of all that.

einherz

« Reply #604 on: January 23, 2015, 11:13:52 pm »
hi guys, thanks everybody in this forum, very interesting new models, and utilites, just one thing what i doesn't found in v15.2 - naked hornet lol, yes i realy loved fly it whith no tank(s), pylons and weapon
and it's will realy great found aggressor skin, i not actualy edequate person, so i think i could be nice target for topgun traning lol, i mean i'm not very good pilot, and unpredictable in bad sense, so i perfect target for traning realy!!! lol
and i love this dissonance feeling hornet with red stars lol
befor fsx blue angels was installed, my favorite craft was defoult agressor from fsx with modification of hud, and f/a-18c with this skin was only in my dream
so happy new year then, and good luck with all your friens, lovers, and hobbies ;)
thank you very much
p.s. please test some in prepar3d 2 too, 15.2 version some craft couldn't visible, forexample prototype
and would be nice some pdf manual for new features
thank you all again

PhantomTweak

« Reply #605 on: January 24, 2015, 09:59:39 am »
Man this is slow going for me, especially being I am learning the textures and new paint software.Aggressor paint s quite hard on top of all that.

Stick with it, Az, I bet it'll turn out awesome :)

Pat☺

mmann

« Reply #606 on: January 24, 2015, 03:20:42 pm »
just one thing what i doesn't found in v15.2 - naked hornet lol, yes i realy loved fly it whith no tank(s), pylons and weapon

I agree, not having a clean model has me spending more time flying the Sludge Hornet than this one.

einherz

« Reply #607 on: January 24, 2015, 04:46:58 pm »
i was sure i'm not an alone hahaha
please make something with glimit at high alt/speed is 15g can kill me ez cuz i'm cutie hehehe
and one more - is it posible in future see collimat hud?
just forgot something,,, aaa, alt cruice now it can ez fly around 60000 with no engines's problem, and no visible afterburner is just start visible, but when you get throt forward yet more afterburners are gone
about gear damage, afaik f/a-18 stay ok if droped from 10m/33feet, so it around 9.8 m/s vs or more than 2000f/m, so first it could damage pilot by compression fracture of the spine when gears demper go at end position and vs stay about 5m/s
if i sayd something stupid, be free correct me please

DennyA

« Reply #608 on: January 24, 2015, 10:57:25 pm »
Just downloaded this and it's awesome!

Ran into one minor problem: The F/A-18C Prototype and VF-12 Centennial versions don't work; they give a model loading error.

Turns out the problem is that the Model.clean folder only has the Interior model and is missing the actual aircraft model. Wanted to alert you guys in case you want to fix the zip file.

So, I solved the problem by copying fa18c_cp_clean.MDL from the older FA-18C_FSXBA2014 FLT14.16.zip and now those two planes work. Not sure if I'm missing any model improvements using the older exterior for these.

(einherz and mmann, this is the missing clean model.)

einherz

« Reply #609 on: January 25, 2015, 02:26:15 am »
thank you, now i'm sure what to do :)
so just redownload other version and catch some files
found 14.18 but think it same as 14.16
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:42:09 am by einherz »

mmann

« Reply #610 on: January 25, 2015, 05:27:36 am »
I had already tried the older clean version, but the older model was missing some animation features so I got rid of it.

Azframer

« Reply #611 on: January 25, 2015, 09:23:52 am »
I almost gave up today after this software deleted a layer I created for this plane a couple of times and kept layer I did not need from the paint kit. I shut it down for a while and calmed down and made it back to this point for the night.

Edit added updated pic.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:20:54 am by Azframer »

einherz

« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2015, 02:47:15 pm »
I almost gave up today after this software deleted a layer I created for this plane a couple of times and kept layer I did not need from the paint kit. I shut it down for a while and calmed down and made it back to this point for the night.
that reason firstly made clean model of aggressor :)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #613 on: January 26, 2015, 01:35:55 am »
Gents,

Unfortunately, because I was 1. pretty sick with the flu and 2. work has really ramped up as of late, I haven't had much time to spend on the Hornet.  When I get back to wellness and some spare time, I will re-attack.

As usual, thanks for the good words for those who gave them.  I will be sure to pass them along.  To answer some questions....

Clean Version Hornet:  Should be an easy fix.  I'll try to include it in the next release.

Centennial and Prototype Textures:  Same as above.  Should be an easy fix.  Thanks for the help Denny.

Einherz:  I'll dig into your stuff when I get a chance.  I'll take a look at the G limiter.  As far as I know, the HUD is already collimated.  Can you please provide more detail with your issues?  Thanks.

RivasSim:  Very weird effects there.  I'll take a look, but it might be a while.

Azframer:  Texture is coming along very nicely.  Nice work and appreciate the effort.  Can't wait to see the finished product!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

einherz

« Reply #614 on: January 26, 2015, 06:54:04 am »
thank you for your work, is not very big problem, but collimat should go up when pov go down and opposite, but in game hud moving with head is absolutely not collimat but helmet display's behavior:)
landing gear ligh no light on the ground, but i tthink it could be catch from a2a redux effects, clean models speed only around 1.6m, i don't sure but this limit for much biger midsection, may be with 3 tanks and some weapon :)
and would be very nice put some thing like cat 2 cat 3 mods. and auto trim togle, and relaxed g limiter, afaik in hornet you have 7.5 g limit as normal, and about 10 relaxed, but i think it should be something like 5 with tanks or/and heavy weapon
and i have very strange bug, when i landing my tail rudders go right, must be auto correction work, but after touch down ground it have to be in center, but it is stay right and i have to use manual trimming by course after landing or just push rudder trim center button on the joystick
and one more question - would you like do workable jet station with dropable tanks when they empty?
thank you very much for this craft
look like collimat work correct, just some confused was :) sorry
must be over g was after autopilot off, now maximum what i get it 8.4 :) but spped stay about 1.6m :(
and look like old problems with mfd stay with us - acl, req without preload scenery crashed simulator down
and very hope models will better quality 3d and some animations(jet turbine), textures etc
any way f-18c awesome :) thank you
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:38:26 pm by einherz »