Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1154551 times)

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #585 on: January 16, 2015, 07:26:41 am »
I believe that was the case in the FSXBA 2012 jet, but in the 2014/15 bird the T/O trim button on top of the rudder trim knob works as per NATOPS.
Pops

Azframer

« Reply #586 on: January 17, 2015, 05:14:18 am »
To cure the blue cockpit in D model create new folder in Texture, Texture.BA_VIP, and Texture.BA7 move file named CP_F18_4_N.dds from each of those folders into new folder created. That should get you a normal cockpit from exterior view. I decided to see if I could copy the file CP_F18_4_N.dds into folders Texture.BA1 – Texture.BA8 including Trainer to make sure it was available in case it was needed and it worked for me.
To me it seems as if file CP_F18_4_N.dds becomes dominant texture file for the D model, not sure why, I even tried to swap names in the T and N files and again I had a blue cockpit, so go with steps above for those with the blue cockpit.

Rick

Edit: We could be looking at another fix, but I feel what I have found may lead to a better fix.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 06:57:01 am by Azframer »

Azframer

« Reply #587 on: January 17, 2015, 07:35:58 am »
A before and after, I do think this method makes black a little to glossy, but like I said it may lead to a better fix.

Azframer

« Reply #588 on: January 18, 2015, 01:37:00 am »
I am not sure if it is cool to post these here but it is Blue Angel Cursors 1 zip file with 3 individual zips labeled Top for pointer Roll for either working in back ground or busy your choice Afterburner for the one you did not choose. Give me heads up i you want it taken down.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #589 on: January 18, 2015, 07:21:56 am »
I believe that was the case in the FSXBA 2012 jet, but in the 2014/15 bird the T/O trim button on top of the rudder trim knob works as per NATOPS.
Oh, cool! Thanks for the help :D

dreaminsight

Re: R: Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #590 on: January 18, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »
To cure the blue cockpit in D model create new folder in Texture, Texture.BA_VIP, and Texture.BA7 move file named CP_F18_4_N.dds from each of those folders into new folder created. That should get you a normal cockpit from exterior view. I decided to see if I could copy the file CP_F18_4_N.dds into folders Texture.BA1 – Texture.BA8 including Trainer to make sure it was available in case it was needed and it worked for me.
To me it seems as if file CP_F18_4_N.dds becomes dominant texture file for the D model, not sure why, I even tried to swap names in the T and N files and again I had a blue cockpit, so go with steps above for those with the blue cockpit.

Rick

Edit: We could be looking at another fix, but I feel what I have found may lead to a better fix.

Since this is very difficult, can you post directly a .zip file with the folders ;D ?
Thanks!

Azframer

Re: R: Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #591 on: January 18, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »

Rick

Since this is very difficult, can you post directly a .zip file with the folders ;D ?
Thanks!
I can not do that because you would need to move the file CP_F18_4_N.dds and a zip file would only add the files needed not take files away that are already there. The only way a zip file will work is if I zipped my complete BA set and you delete yours and replace with mine.
I will check and see what happens without CP_F18_4_N.dds on BA 1 through Trainer and get back to you.

Go to your texture folder and just create a new folder then click and hold CP_F18_4_N.dds and drop into the new folder. then do the same wth Texture.BA_VIP. then jump in the VIP plane and check it out for no more blue cockpit.
If that works do the same in texture.BA7 folder.

Azframer

« Reply #592 on: January 18, 2015, 08:21:09 pm »
Without CP_F18_4_N.dds on BA 1 and BA 2 still with it I see no difference at all

Skip this part:

copy the file CP_F18_4_N.dds into folders Texture.BA1 – Texture.BA8 including Trainer

Azframer

« Reply #593 on: January 18, 2015, 10:34:15 pm »
After closer observation it does matter on the texture.BA1 - texture.BA_Trainer and this is what I noticed. marked with red arrows. To make those flaws go away you will need to make a copy of the file texture folders other than the D model.

Azframer

« Reply #594 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:40 am »
Well this is the first time I used the Google drive thing for this PhantomTweak cut all your texture out of BA file and store else where and paste these in. Let me know of any problems.
I was messing around with one of the fleet textures using it on the D model and that file is not in this batch, nor is the cfg file for it, this is textures only. That is why the decal file is missing from texture folder. Still trying to work that all out now.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwewfJA2c4UsZWU5VU1kbUprM0E/view?usp=sharing

Edit: BTW I did move the decal file in the other folders where it could be accessed by all the BA files.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:11:43 am by Azframer »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #595 on: January 19, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »
I stumbled upon this very useful document that can be download from the AVSIM library:

'Flight Dynamics in Microsoft Flight Simulator' (2012) by Yves Guillaume

Link: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsx-flight-model-documentation-available.332348/
Direct Link: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=170811

Peter

PhantomTweak

« Reply #596 on: January 19, 2015, 07:27:31 pm »
PhantomTweak cut all your texture out of BA file and store else where and paste these in. Let me know of any problems.

Ummm....wasn't me that asked about the Blue Cockpit problem, Azframer.
Was it? I've slept since then...
I am much more concerned with how a bird flies than how it looks...
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #597 on: January 19, 2015, 08:54:44 pm »
PhantomTweak cut all your texture out of BA file and store else where and paste these in. Let me know of any problems.

Ummm....wasn't me that asked about the Blue Cockpit problem, Azframer.
Was it? I've slept since then...
I am much more concerned with how a bird flies than how it looks...
Pat☺
My bad it was dreaminsight. :-[

RivasSim

« Reply #598 on: January 20, 2015, 05:37:53 am »
I have been slowly replacing the Default F/A-18 with this one, when lunch the mission Rocket Lunch Cover, I saw something funny on my wingman he looks like an alien, also the cockpit looks like it has been ejected, is reflected with a red arrow, and since the model I am using there is no problem it does not bothers me, I just want to make a notice of it.

This is the model with the air to air ordnance, maybe this is happening because of the way I am using the airplane, I don't know if this had happen in multi-player flights. Thanks for the great work
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:41:00 am by RivasSim »

Azframer

« Reply #599 on: January 20, 2015, 10:02:31 pm »
Thanks for the paint kit, after downloading a trial of Corel Paint Shop Pro and learning it now, figuring out the layers I have started a Aggressor version texture. The plane I am going for is a D model I found some decent pics of online. This will be the one I will be working on, slow going for sure though.
The texture will go on a C model A/C number will match a D model though.