Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1154333 times)

dreaminsight

Re: R: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #540 on: December 20, 2014, 11:20:45 am »
Yes, i am running DX10 (DX11 really)

As for TP: somewhere on a forum, there was an official manual from VRS with rules and the explainations how to integrate TP on a empty aircraft with pylons.

+1 jimi.

If you want, we can discuss that per PM! ;D

whiteside

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #541 on: December 21, 2014, 01:24:37 am »
What a great jet! So well done.
Manual anywhere?
Thanks

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #542 on: December 21, 2014, 08:58:59 pm »
What a great jet! So well done.
Manual anywhere?
Thanks

Thanks Whiteside.  I'll pass on the good words to the others who have worked on the jet.  No, no manuals as of right now.  I am working on one though.  Should be out in the near future.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

whiteside

« Reply #543 on: December 21, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »
Thanks Jimi, can you refer me to a site where I can fly tactically with some other purists?
:)
BTW, do any of the weapons work on your new version of this Bug?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2014, 02:09:10 am »
Now that FSX-Steam is up and running, you can find some of us in the FSX Blue Angels server from time to time.  As far as the weapons go, I am still working on that.  It will probably be a while before I have most of the weapons integrated for TACPAC.  So far, I just have the cannon working.  So as for now, the weapons on the hardpoints are purely for aesthetics.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Victory103

« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:37 am »
@dreamsinsight:  On the VRS forums is a link to wiki page with instructions on the SDK to add TP into your own aircraft that you developed. Several guys had added basic guns to various A2A warbirds, but the original developer has to do the intergration.

Thread on the forums as well about the latest Steam release, TP will not work.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

dreaminsight

Re: R: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #546 on: December 22, 2014, 04:58:46 pm »
Victory103: i already signalised it at Jimi! Thanks;)

Corvette99

« Reply #547 on: December 23, 2014, 09:24:00 am »
Thanks Jimi, can you refer me to a site where I can fly tactically with some other purists?
:)
BTW, do any of the weapons work on your new version of this Bug?

Give these guys a try Whiteside

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

whiteside

« Reply #548 on: December 23, 2014, 05:22:56 pm »
Thanks!

RivasSim

« Reply #549 on: December 24, 2014, 06:01:30 am »
I don't know if anyone notice, or maybe I don't know how to operated.  However, on the default and version 14.15 when approaching to land on the default carrier, the ILS showed up automatically, allowing me to get into the correct glide slope and runway alignment, however in the version 14.18 the ILS did not showed up.  Is there anything that I need to press in order to the ILS to appear or do I need to return to the old panel?

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #550 on: December 24, 2014, 01:30:15 pm »
Hi RivaSim

call up the ILS Panel by pressing shift+2 you will find the Ils settings in the upper 3rd
of the panel make sure it is selected. Make sure you have also selected the TACAN button on the upfront control panel
in the virtual cockpit and changed the channel to the corresponding carrier you are landing on.
acceleration carrier is 47x
javiers carrier is 57x
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

RivasSim

« Reply #551 on: December 25, 2014, 01:52:11 am »
Thanks for the info it did work  ;D

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #552 on: January 06, 2015, 01:30:42 am »
Hi everybody, I wish you all a happy new year!

The past days I have been experimenting with the flight dynamics again. I have read somewhere that the Hornet can pull up to an AoA of 40 degrees at slow speed until she becomes unstable but I cannot remember the source. Is this realistic or does she have an AoA limiter? Some comments would be appreciated.

I have created a version where you can pull such angles at slow speed with max dry thrust in tight turns, and she becomes unstable but you can recover. In case you like to give it a try I have included the aircraft.cfg and the .air files. What do you think of it? Some feedback would be nice!

Peter

(attachment below)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:37:34 am by hd764jvgd843 »

hd764jvgd843

« Reply #553 on: January 06, 2015, 03:01:34 pm »
I found in an 'FA-18A-D Hornet PCL (Pocket Check List) NATOPS' some AoA values.
link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach&attach=8190&topic=3093.0
The negative AoA seems to be limited to -6 degrees, the positive AoA limit depends on the loadout from unlimited to +20 degrees.

In the following example I have left the postive AoA unlimited, but the negative AoA is limited to -6 degrees.
Let me know what you think about it.

(attachment below)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:03:33 pm by hd764jvgd843 »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #554 on: January 06, 2015, 11:33:42 pm »
Quote from: A1-F18AC-NFM-000
11.1.3 Auto Flap Configuration. The FCS control laws create slightly different handling qualities
than those of most aircraft. The most apparent characteristic is the excellent hands-off stability.
Damping about all axes is high. Static longitudinal stability is neutral since the FCS attempts to keep
the aircraft in 1 g, zero pitch rate flight. Longitudinal trim is used to bias (adjust) the reference load
factor or pitch rate as the pilot desires. Longitudinal trimming is not required as the aircraft accelerates
or decelerates through most of the flight envelope. Once an attitude is set, the aircraft tends to hold
that attitude without further stick inputs, even through the transonic speed regime. This characteristic
reduces stick forces with changing airspeed, lowering pilot workload for most tasks. However, some
flight tasks are made more difficult because the FCS attempts to maintain 1 g flight. For example,
during a dive or steep zoom climb, a small but constant forward stick force is required to maintain a
constant attitude. Airspeed changes cannot be sensed through changing stick forces and difficulty may
be encountered when trying to maintain a desired airspeed during high workload tasks such as
instrument penetration/approach. The FCS incorporates AOA feedback above 22° AOA. To increase
AOA above the feedback AOA of 22°, aft stick must be applied. The AOA for the highest lift available
(CLmax) is approximately 35° AOA. The maximum steady state AOA with full aft stick (35 pounds
stick force) is 50 to 55°.
AOA control is good up through max AOA. If the aft stick is released, the FCS
commands nose down pitch until the AOA is reduced below the feedback AOA of 22°. At this time, the
AOA feedback is removed and the FCS again seeks to maintain 1 g flight.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels