Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1152859 times)

flyerkg

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2014, 02:59:29 am »
I have unselected "Detect terrain collision" in TacPack Configuration Manager to avoid being blasted into orbit and re-spawning with full fuel tanks some 1000s of feet way above pattern altitude every time I make contact with the flight deck.

I can't live without my Hornets or Carrier ops.

Keith

Sundog

« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2014, 01:10:04 am »
The pilot also disappear?

???

Shouldn't have.  Not unless you ejected him?

He means when you turn on the parking brake, so that there isn't a pilot showing when the plane is cold and dark.

Also, on a separate note, when I engage the autopilot, auto throttle automatically engages and I can only disable it by reloading the plane. Is that a bug, or is there something on the up front control panel under the HUD I'm missing?

Thanks.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2014, 03:04:05 am »
ATC should not automatically engage. I'll have to check that out. I think I set atc to engage/disengage with the flight director arm/disarm function.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Dman

« Reply #333 on: March 09, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »
I had something like his happen to me.. I was programming my new X-55 stick.. While flying around.. I noticed I couldn't slow down.. Tried kicking off the autopilot, but the throttles were fire walled. I'm sure it was a key command that was being commanded by the stick.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #334 on: March 09, 2014, 05:55:22 pm »
I had something like his happen to me.. I was programming my new X-55 stick.. While flying around.. I noticed I couldn't slow down.. Tried kicking off the autopilot, but the throttles were fire walled. I'm sure it was a key command that was being commanded by the stick.

Looks like i will have to reprogram the ATC to something else.  Trying to find something to assign it to that would be sorta intuitive (some type of autopilot function).  I'll keep working it.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #335 on: March 09, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »
Hello everyone,

There has been minimal progress this week, so I will not be releasing an update this week.As flight tuning is starting to plateau, I am starting to look at the other things such as textures (cockpit textures as of now) and effects, such as lighting.  Still working closely with Essex to find a work-around for the pilot issue to fix the head issue and to remove the pilot altogether under certain conditions.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Snake

« Reply #336 on: March 09, 2014, 10:13:03 pm »

Things i have noticed in v6:

when i roll to inverted flight  the rudders engage and the plane starts to yaw.

bank left or right the plane starts losing a lot of speed.

with takeoff trim set, the plane will not lift off the ground, i have to give a lot of back pressure on the stick. if i  don't do anything the plane will roll off the end of rwy.

Maybe i am doing something wrong i'm not sure.

I have not seen anyone post anything about these issues so and i am not trying to be critical just pointing out what i experience. I am flying v3 which does have its issues but it is more flyable to me.

CG

Wingnut172N

« Reply #337 on: March 09, 2014, 10:57:54 pm »
The Hornet should almost fly itself off the ground by rotation airspeed (~155).  The Rhino requires a positive rotation to get airborne at it's NWLO speed.

Snake

« Reply #338 on: March 09, 2014, 11:03:55 pm »
Yeah that's what i thought but @155kts i'm still rolling down the rwy no lift, it will go to the end of the rwy if i let it.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2014, 12:49:34 am »
I'm pretty sure I will still have to adjust it, but If I remember correctly with this model, I added weapons stations to the jet and added weights to the stations cognizant of what is seen on the air/air version.  That weight might be the cause of the extra aft stick required to get the jet airborne.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Dman

« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2014, 07:25:57 pm »
It's been a bit quiet lately...any new stuff?

Woogey

« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »
A small thing I have noticed, is the Sound cone when on the ground seems to be backwards.  When looking at the nose you get Roaring Exhaust noise. Looking at the tail, you get a muffled air rushing turbine whine.  How deep, system wise will you guys be going?  -Woog

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2014, 11:23:51 pm »
Hey all.  My apologies, but no updates this week as well.  Kinda hit a wall as far as significant progress goes.  But we are still working.  I'll look into the shock cone sound effects.  In terms of systems, our depth of systems is directly proportional to our coding abilities and access to information.  I do not have the expertise to do avionics programming.  If you know someone who does and wants to help, by all means, please send them our way.  I look forward to working with them.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Woogey

« Reply #343 on: March 21, 2014, 08:08:44 pm »
Hey Jimi, I just touched on this elsewhere, But what if you were able to incorporate Dino Cattaneo's new Avionics set from his most recent F-14D update?  For freeware this might be a route worth checking into.  Otherwise you might give Ron over at Razbam a shout.  The Radar that is in their AV-8B plus, came out of a Legacy Hornet, and they roughly carry the same weapons loadout.  They may bill willing to lend a little help.........? 

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2014, 02:19:26 pm »
Woogey,

IRT Dino's software, I had a brief chat with him.  He has no problems with embedding some of the displays, but he's not quite willing or able to share all that is needed to make the aircraft TACPAC enabled, such as the HUD coding, etc.  That would be the only reason I would see putting anything from the F-14 into the F/A-18.  Meanwhile, I will check out the RAZBAM Harrier...

Other than that, I am working on the following:
-Throttle/Thrust tweaking
-Merging all variants into standard layout (you can select them via standard aircraft selection menu)
-Minor tweaks and fixes (i.e. take off trim, effects, textures, etc)

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels