Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148475 times)

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2014, 04:58:27 am »
Woohoo! Another person joining the crew!  Welcome to the forums strikeeagle!  Your first post and you've already contributed to the community more than I have  ;D  Good to have you here!  And thanks for the corrected coordinates!

Pyro
Pops

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2014, 05:04:49 am »
Awesome.  Thanks man!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

strikeeagle345

« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2014, 05:49:03 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been apart of the FS community for a long time, just not on here. Anything I can do to help!

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2014, 07:35:36 am »
Hey Jimi, I noticed the files you posted are a little blurry. If your using Photoshop to save your DDS files with, I recommend you save them in the DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp interpolated alpha format, with no MIP maps. This will make your saves a lot more crisp and clean.

pyroperson87

« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2014, 03:33:19 pm »
Some more feedback from a few passes at the boat.

- The nose gear indexer is reversed, showing the green light below the amber light and the red light above.  Should be the opposite, just as if you were looking at the indexer next to the HUD  See this picture for reference:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3032/2994152380_489e4a8803_o.jpg

- Worked out the tailhook issue and it now displays properly in MP.  My buddy had modified some files and that was the problem.  It's freakin amazing to finally see the hook down when acting as an LSO and using the PLAT cam.  Any chance of wing fold visibility in MP?  I would guess that if it was possible you would have already included it.

- Quick question about the flaps.  When I dirty up I hit the G key followed directly by the F8 key.  However I've noticed in the 2014 jet that I have to push the F8 key AFTER the gear are 3 green before the flaps will transition.  Hope that makes sense.  I'll double check the NATOPS when I get home and see if I can brush up on my flap scheduling logic in UA and PA modes.

-When using the clean model on the fleet variant, the pilot is wearing the Blue Angels flight suit and yellow helmet.  I tried finding the files and replacing them with the tan flight suit files, but couldn't figure out where it was getting the textures from in the first place. 

That's all for now.  Thanks again Jimi for the hard work, and LtButler for the fantastic textures.  I flew a pretty lousy (but really fun) demo flight last night and my buddy recorded it, take a look here:

I'm still not quite used to the flight dynamics compared to the 2012/Superbug, but it's just so much fun to fly!
Pops

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2014, 04:26:48 pm »
'pp87' thanks for the great nose gear approach lights photo. RED for FAST - which will break stuff on deck! And raise the hook point....  ::)
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2014, 05:00:06 pm »
-When using the clean model on the fleet variant, the pilot is wearing the Blue Angels flight suit and yellow helmet. 
Also this guy's head doesnt follow rudder movements as in other models.
And I couldn't find the formation lights on the clean model...  ;)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2014, 04:24:00 am »
- Quick question about the flaps.  When I dirty up I hit the G key followed directly by the F8 key.  However I've noticed in the 2014 jet that I have to push the F8 key AFTER the gear are 3 green before the flaps will transition.  Hope that makes sense.  I'll double check the NATOPS when I get home and see if I can brush up on my flap scheduling logic in UA and PA modes.

The flaps/gear arrangement are a result of a key flooding issue I had a while back.  I forgot all of the details.  I'll dig back into it and see if something new has come to mind to fix the issue.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

pyroperson87

« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2014, 05:41:03 am »
Jimi,

Me and a friend were looking through all of the xml's and cfg's and noticed a few discrepancies:

The panel.cfg calls several xml gauges in the FCS folder that aren't there, namely Carrier_Takeoff_Trim, G_Limiter, Pirouette, Spring, Stick, and AOA.

The FCS folder on the other hand has a wingfold.xml not called in the panel.cfg. 

I'm not really sure than any of that actually means anything, just thought I'd point it out.
Pops

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2014, 06:20:26 am »
Ok, soooo I know this is an early external model, but I cant resist the urge to paint it.  :-X

pyroperson87

« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2014, 06:22:58 am »
And despite having the exact same aircraft installed with no files modified in any way, we are again having troubles with the hook visibility.  It's spotty.  Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.  Really not sure what's going on anymore  :-[

I tried reading the Tailhook and Refueling probe xml's.  My understanding is that you are using them as exits in order to get them synced in MP is that right?  I couldn't quite get my head around the if-else statement in there though...there are just enough similarities to C languages for me to recognize it, but I don't follow the logic.
Pops

pyroperson87

« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2014, 06:26:19 am »
LtButler you are on a roll!  What an awesome low-vis scheme!  The Thunderbolts have an amazing squadron history, and this paint really does them some justice! I'm sure it's still a WIP, but thought I'd point out that it appears to be missing AB on the inside of the v. stabs.
Pops

Jamal

« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2014, 01:17:10 pm »
Ok, soooo I know this is an early external model, but I cant resist the urge to paint it.  :-X

Too awesome! Great job!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »
I tried reading the Tailhook and Refueling probe xml's.  ...  I couldn't quite get my head around the if-else statement in there though...there are just enough similarities to C languages for me to recognize it, but I don't follow the logic.
Its RPN, one of computing cornerstones, used to reduce cpu overhead and thus to speed up computations. Based on another cornerstone - the stack...
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2014, 04:51:24 pm »
LtButler you are on a roll!  What an awesome low-vis scheme!  The Thunderbolts have an amazing squadron history, and this paint really does them some justice! I'm sure it's still a WIP, but thought I'd point out that it appears to be missing AB on the inside of the v. stabs.

Pyro
Hooyah I noticed that, Very good eye you have.  ;)
Once finished, ill post a link.

Jamal
Thanks man! Welcome to the forum. :)