Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148569 times)

flyerkg

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #165 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:32 pm »
I was looking at a few different Hornets last night and noticed in the aircraft.cfg vtail area is 1050. I'm sure there are other factors to consider to simulate the maneuverability of this aircraft, but the Super Hornet by VRS has 88 for vtail surface area.

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2014, 05:54:29 am »
Some more feedback from today's flights:

- Smoke system on the fleet aircraft just poofs out a single ball of smoke unless "I" is held.  I'm guessing this is as intended since IRL no line aircraft have smoke systems, but thought I'd ask.

- Any chance of having the AoA shake reduced a bit?  Not a huge issue, but it can cause some issues with headtracking under some conditions (at least with my setup) I think in a similar way that the default FSX momentum effect does.

That's all for tonight, only had time for a bit of aerobatics over Lemoore.  She's a damn fine jet...I really enjoy flying in it.
Pops

zsoltquack

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2014, 11:45:32 am »
How will be appear the covers, RBF ribbons,chocks etc?

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
First impressions on new 2013-2014 FSX Blue Angels F/A-18.

Nice!  Its nice to see FSX with a Legacy Hornet that's actually worth flying.

Pros-

-I can actually cut the engines off by left clicking the throttles, and I can cut them back on using the new APU and engine crank.
-The flight performance is spectacular!  For a freeware jet, this is payware quality flight dynamics.
-HUD looks awesome.
-The air frame shakes with high G pulls.....Love it!

Cons-

-The Formations lights are very bright when turned off.  Maybe its the color?
-The frame rate is a little lower than the old hornet, but its understandable since this is a brand new model (or it could be because im on a laptop.  :-\)
-The Cockpit textures a little dark, but that's person preference.
-The textures on the outside for the Fleet jet have little to no panel lines which makes the jet look a little cartoony. (I understand this jet isn't finished, just saying)
-The A/A and A/G buttons over the master arm are green.  Not a big issue really.
-Once the engines are off, and the power is off the jet still makes noise as if the engines are on.

Not really any major issues to be honest.  Outstanding work Jimi!
I was a little upset that there are no actual VFA/VMFA squadron paints that come with the jet, so I had to make my own.  (Still not compete)

----------------------------------------------
Edit: I couldn't figure out how to get the chocks and engine covers to appear.  Someone wana help me figure that out?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:51:30 pm by LtButler »

pyroperson87

« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »
LtButler,

First, welcome to the forums!  Glad to see the numbers growing.  The more people there are, the more involvement there is, and the better things get for our little FSX community.  Jimi has lots on his plate, so in an effort to help him a bit here is a quick rundown on what I know (take that for what it's worth...which isn't much! :D )

-Formation lighting (and all other lighting) will be addressed by Jimi once he has finished up with flight dynamics and systems.

-I also had FPS issues, but as of yet unaddressed by Jimi.  I had some noticeable gains by removing the testing gauge called "Data Gauge" from the panel.cfg.  You could start there.  Over time I'm sure Jimi will fine tune the aircraft to be more optimized.  It technically is still in a beta stage.

-Cockpit textures I believe will also be getting a rework around the same time as the lighting rework.  Everything cosmetic is on hold until Jimi finishes flight dynamics as previously stated.

-See above, external textures will also get reworked and I'm sure someone like Ray Svicar will be getting us plenty of good repaints for her at some point.  I must say though, you're texture looks amazing!  :o  Perhaps you could volunteer your services  at some point.  The small group we have here could use more talented people like you...Now if only I had some worthwhile skill that I could offer...  :P

-I've mentioned the AA and AG buttons as well as the FIRE EXTGH button above it.  I never heard anything specific from Jimi about these, but I would assume they would be included in the texture overhaul later in development.

- I noticed this too but forgot to mention it in previous posts.  Thanks for bringing it up. 

- Unfortunately, I can be of no help with the chocks and engine covers.  I would however LOVE a copy of those texture files if you are willing to share.

Again, welcome to the forums!

Pyro
Pops

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2014, 06:33:46 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome Pyro! ;D  

Id love to Volunteer to make some textures for the jet!  Creating textures have became a hobby of mines, and I enjoy doing it.  Iv already started a couple of squadron paints for this bird, even in its early stages.

Ill get you a link to the texture as soon as I get home.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #171 on: January 28, 2014, 09:02:57 pm »
Thanks for the inputs and compliments guys.  Great to see that textures are being created for the jet.  As Pyro mentioned most of your inputs have been acknowledged.  The jet does come with a couple of extras such as a boarding ladder, chocks and covers, but they are not showing due to a conflict with some of my xml gauges.  As with everything, hopefully I will get this resolved soon.  Still working on throttle/thrust curves for now.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

pyroperson87

« Reply #172 on: January 28, 2014, 10:47:22 pm »
LtButler,

Here is a list of all the CURRENTLY operational legacy squadrons:

VFA-15 Valions
VFA-34 Blue Blasters
VFA-37 Ragin Bulls
VFA-83 Rampagers
VFA-87 Golden Warriors
VFA-94 Mighty Shrikes
VFA-97 Warhawks
VFA-113 Stingers
VFA-131 Wildcats
VFA-146 Blue Diamonds
VFA-192 Golden Dragons

VMFA-112 Cowboys
VMFA-115 Silver Eagles
VMFA-121 Green Knights
VMFA-122 Werewolves
VMFA-232 Red Devils
VMFA-251 Thunderbolts
VMFA-312 Checkerboards
VMFA-314 Black Knights
VMFA-323 Death Rattlers
VMFA(AW)-224 Bengals
VMFA(AW)-225 Vikings
VMFA(AW)-242 Bats
VMFA(AW)-533 Hawks

I believe VFA-106 and VFA-122 also still have some legacies, as well as VMFAT-101 and VMFAT-501.

This was just to potentially spark your interest in painting any of the above squadron markings.  My favorite legacy squadrons are the Wildcats and the Death Rattlers  ;)

In all seriousness, whatever repaints you decide to make, I look forward to flying them!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 10:48:54 pm by pyroperson87 »
Pops

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2014, 12:00:59 am »
For those who are interested, I have (sorta) completed a VFA-136 repaint of Jimi's new jet.

Pyro, Thanks for the list bud! Ill be sure to get started on some of these.

Edit: Im sorry about the bad quality, but keep in mind that there are no panel lines and there is no paint kit for this jet, so putting some things into place was a little tricky. 

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/download/e4c6lltey5z5eow/Texture.VFA-136.zip

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:03:57 am by LtButler »

pyroperson87

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2014, 01:04:28 am »
Bad quality? You're joking right? This thing is freakin' awesome!  Clear, clean, and crisp textures just like on the Superbug.  ;D
Pops

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #175 on: January 29, 2014, 01:46:38 am »
Awesome texture El Tee!  Freakin looks amazing!  Nice work.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #176 on: January 29, 2014, 02:01:35 am »
Gee, thanks you guys.  ;D I really appreciate it.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #177 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:50 am »
Touched up the Pylons and Turtlebacks for you. See attached.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

LtButler

• Anytime Baby!
    • Virtual VFA-115
« Reply #178 on: January 29, 2014, 02:19:12 am »
Hell yea, thanks dude.  I was looking for the tank and pylons, by I could't find them.
I saw you dropped in the teamspeak. Sorry I wasn't around.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:21:04 am by LtButler »

strikeeagle345

« Reply #179 on: January 29, 2014, 03:26:43 am »
Jimi,

I know someone pointed out the afterburners being up and to the right. I have fixed this in the aircraft config file and have the correct coordinates in place. I hope you don't mind me posting this here. Hope this helps. One less thing to worry about.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 =  3, -27.90, -4.00,  0.80, fx_navredm,
light.1 =  3, -27.90,  4.00,  0.80, fx_navgrem,
light.2 =  3, -50.90,  5.80,  8.10, fx_navwhi,
light.3 =  1, -47.00,  5.51,  7.00, fx_beacon_sml,
light.4 =  1, -47.00, -5.51,  7.00, fx_beacon_sml,
light.5 =  10, -15.00,  0.00,  2.00, fx_vclight,
light.6 =  6, -18.40,  0.00, -2.35, fx_VRS_swave_xenon,
light.7 =  6, -18.40,  0.00, -2.35, fx_navwhi,
light.8 =  6, -11.00,  0.00, -3.50, fx_fuselage_light_Dante,
light.9 = 9, -50.44, 1.6, -0.20, fx_FSXBA_AB,
light.10 = 9, -50.44,-1.6, -0.20, fx_FSXBA_AB,