Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148649 times)

Orion

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2013, 03:38:28 am »
Thanks for that scenery Sludge...it's a fun one.  I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but if two people have that BGL installed, would the boat be synced between the two people in multiplayer?

Pyro

Pyro...

No prob. I use that setup as my test setup, so I can immediately jump into a saved free flight with the highest fuel and be ready to test out XML changes or anything done with the vLSO program.

Sorry, it doesnt work like that in FSX. However, I convinced Orion to make a spin-off of his SFCarrier 2 multiplayer mission, its SFCarrier 2.5 I believe, and put the carrier heading to Hawaii from just west of San Diego. So you can set the wind, and have all synced carrier traps you want with 8 other multiplayer fliers. The problem we used to have was that the original mission based just west of San Fran was the carrier path was big square, so that the carrier would do really quick heading changes and the WoD component would change to a cross-wind once the carrier made its first heading change. Although not realistic, was ALOT of fun to try crosswind carrier landings AT NIGHT. Talk about using the ghost vector to the max extreme.

Later
Sludge

Sludge is referring to the San Diego NATOPS Carrier Mission.  SF Carrier 2.5 was an update to SF Carrier 2.

However, I now recommend using the Multiplayer Carriers program, as you can set whatever location, weather, or time of day you want.

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2013, 09:29:32 am »
I've used the original SF mission.  Thanks for the links to the new ones.  Flew a handful of passes with a buddy.  It was a real blast.  Neither of us could figure out the MP carriers program though - specifically the timing.  I'm in Mountain Standard and he's in Eastern and I didn't know what I was supposed to be adjusting in order to compensate.  Or maybe I just didn't understand altogether.  The latter is much, much more likely  ;D
Pops

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 08:32:11 pm »
Orion...

Thanks for the correction. I'm old and have CRS (Can't Remember S%*t) syndrome.

Pyro...

I'd say just rock the San Diego mission 'til you get the issues figured out. It works really well in a multiplayer setup and you start at NASNI, if I remember right (double check me Orion!! haha).

Later
Sludge

Orion

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 05:00:31 am »
Pyro: You use your local time, and your friend uses his local time.  For example, if I'm in California and I want to fly at 8 PM my time with a friend in New York, I'd put 8 PM and my friend would put 11 PM.  After setting things up, you can double check and verify the UTC time matches in the application log entry.

Sludge: Yep, that's correct. :P
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:02:55 am by Orion »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »
Hey Gents,

I know it's been a while, but still making progress on the 2013 FSXBA Hornet.  I've taken most of the inputs that you guys have provided me and incorporated them into the new jet.  Just have a few more tweaks to do before release.

ALSO....I have had the privilege to work with Jamal "Spins" Ingram, a 3D modeler (also working with Combat Pilot), with his variant of the F/A-18 Hornet.  I have mated the FSXBA flight model with his physical model.  The modeling for the jet is still a W.I.P., but man it is shaping up to be a nice aircraft. 

Couple of things incorporated into the new physical model are:
-Maximum Flap extension has been corrected
-Rudder toe-in incorporated (based on flap position)
-Adjusting the aircraft trim actually moves the stabilators and stick position
-Ladders, chocks, and covers have been modeled
-Weapon hardpoints and an assortment of weapons have been modeled and included
-Airbrake extension and retraction speed has been corrected
-HUD is now collimated

There are a few more things that have been done so far, but those are the big ones.

Here are a few pics

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Orion

« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2013, 04:47:35 am »
Will the model be part of the FSXBA Hornet, or is it going to be released with a different package?  Looks nice. :)

murthy

« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »
    thank you jimi!  what a big big suprise. cant wait new model(with pylons:)) and improved flight Dynamics. screenshots are awesome. thank for your efforts.

Victory103

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2013, 01:34:45 am »
Beta tester at CP and I do like the looks at least of the new model. I recognized many of the FSXBA features from the 1st test flight. Flight dynamics still a WIP I assume.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2013, 02:18:36 pm »
Thanks for the compliments.  I will surely pass them on to SPINS.  I will have to talk to both Combat Pilot and SPINS to see if I will be able to release this visual model along with our aircraft, but don't hold your breath.

Victory, you mentioned you are a test pilot for CP and mentioned that the flight dynamics were a "WIP".  Is this based off of the aircraft (F/A-18) provided by CP or was this from a product released directly from the FSX Blue Angels.  Please note that the flight characteristics between the two are quite different from the last time I tested.  To my understanding, they used some of the guages that I've made for the FSXBA variant, but decided to go with thier own Aircraft CFG, and .Air files.  If you were referring to one of our (FSXBA) variants, please provide me with some of your feedback, so that the model can be improved.  Thanks!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Victory103

« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2013, 12:33:26 am »
jimi, wasn't sure of your background with the project, but yes I was referring to the released CP model that is using the same VC as the stock model, so not a finished model as with the rest of the software, but that's a different topic. We all know here how authoritative the Hornet is in the pitch axis, but the CP is almost extreme, one has to be very careful not to bleed it down. Quite the difference between the FSXBA and Sludge flight dynamics, seems they went backwards with the stock FSX-A config.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

pyroperson87

« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2013, 05:40:39 am »
Jimi,

You had me at "Maximum Flap extension has been corrected."   8)

So stoked for this bird!

Pyro
Pops

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2013, 06:00:52 am »
Pyro...

You had me at "Maximum Flap extension has been corrected."   8)

Funniest line I've heard in a while. Similar thinking for me when I got the model, and while talking on Skype, JIMI says "dial in some UP trim"... the stick in the cockpit moved back and the horizontal stabs would dip down with each click of UP trim.

This video gives a much better version of what I said, when I saw the results.
&t=0m16s

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:58:56 am by Sludge »

DigitAL

« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:58 am »
Oh niice!

pyroperson87

« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2013, 06:21:28 am »
Jimi,

Just can't stop drooling over those screens.  But I have a quick question...You mentioned that various stores will now be loadable.  Will it be similar to the Captain Sim method?  Which leads to my next question, possibly more important than the first - will the pylons be removable?  Or will there be a clean model and a pylons model?  Just curious.

Pyro
Pops

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:36 am »
As of now, there are three different variants.  An "Exhibition Team" version with no pylons (like the Acceleration Hornet).  An "Training" version with a centerline tank and pylons (no weapons). And the "Weapons" versions with an assortment of Air-To-Air and Air-To-Ground loadouts.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels