Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148645 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
New FSXBA Hornet
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »
Fellers...

Even tho the original link is in the SH/CH Integration thread, I'm putting this on its own thread to make sure everyone has the chance to give JIMIs FSXBA Hornet a try, here's the download link:

http://fsxblueangels.com/hornet%20dowload%20template.html

We use similar gauges and effects, but be sure to read the manual (at least go over the updates/changes)... Dont be scared, download/install, and give him your feedback. You can reach him here (JIMI08) or on his FSXBA site forum.

Later
Sludge

GOONIE

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:35:09 pm »
Jimi,

Wow, took the FSXBA bird for a spin, really like the new updates and logic you and the team have been putting together. The jet handles great around the boat!

Curious, is there anyway to setup joystick buttons for the three new systems, Pitch Auto Trim System (Master Arm), Take Off Trim (Pitot Heat), ATC (Engine Ice)? Or do you have to activate or deactivate using the VC toggles only? Would be nice to setup buttons/short cuts for these systems if possible.

Thanks!
CAPT
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Amigo

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
Sludge;
Wow!!! What a beauty. I'm very much impressed by a whole bunch of improvements. Thanks a lot for introducing Jimi's FSXBA Hornet download link. Regards, Amigo

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »
Amigo...

No problem. JIMI put in alot of work on that, so I'm sure he'd appreciate any feedback. Its a really good bird and flies different from the Sludge, so it's a good change of pace/mentality. Plus, I think alot of FSX'ers here like that there's another Hornet in the nest now.

Later
Sludge

Herbie

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:27:01 pm »
Jimi,
Curious, is there anyway to setup joystick buttons for the three new systems, Pitch Auto Trim System (Master Arm), Take Off Trim (Pitot Heat), ATC (Engine Ice)? Or do you have to activate or deactivate using the VC toggles only? Would be nice to setup buttons/short cuts for these systems if possible.

Thanks!
CAPT

Hello Capt! With the FSUIPC Module from Pete Dowson, a payed one, you can Do It. See screenshot. Herb

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:45 pm »
Thanks guys for the positive feedback.

Jimi,

Yes, there is (for two out of three anyways).  The Pitch Auto Trim System, is set to be active by default.  By selecting the Master Arm switch to ARM, you actually deactivate the system.  As far as I know, there is no way set a key or button assignment to it since it is not a default FSX function/command.  Maybe Herbie's approach using FSUIPC might work for this one, but as far as I know, it can only be toggled in the Virtual Cockpit (VC).

As for the Takeoff Trim System, all you have to do is assign the PITOT HEAT function to a button or key of your choosing for it work.  This can be done by going to Options/Settings/Controls in the Main Menu and selecting the BUTTONS/KEYS tab.  From there, look for the "Pitot Heat (on/off)" entry under the "Event" column.  You will see that you have the option to assign that event to a button of your choosing.  By default, the  PITOT HEAT can also be toggled via keyboard by pressing "Shift + H".

Same goes for the Auto Throttle Control (ATC) System.  Also located in the "Event" column is the "Carb heat/eng anti-ice" entry.  Once found, simply assign it to a button or key of your choosing.  By default, the ENGINE ANTI-ICE function can be toggled by pressing the "H" key on your keyboard.

Thanks again, and I hope this helps.

JIMI

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Herbie

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 11:18:39 pm »
Hello Jimi!
Thank you for the FXSBA Hornet. My first test flight, 2nd try went very well, Wire 3. I never staid on the Meatball that long before, I'm a little off center. Herb

sleightflight

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 12:45:16 am »
Can you install this along side the other hornets or do you need to remove some. Might sound an odd question but just wanted to make sure.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:31 am »
Hello Jimi!
Thank you for the FXSBA Hornet. My first test flight, 2nd try went very well, Wire 3. I never staid on the Meatball that long before, I'm a little off center. Herb

Sweet!  Thanks Herbie!

SLEIGHTFLIGHT...
Can you install this along side the other hornets or do you need to remove some. Might sound an odd question but just wanted to make sure.

-If you already have a previous version of the FSXBA Hornet, I highly recommend removing those Hornets, other than that, you should be good.  The installer installs a new, separate set of F/A-18s so you will be able to keep your other Hornets as well.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:08:03 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Amigo

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 08:08:47 am »
Hi Jimi 08;
I owe you and your team a big thank you for your creation of this remarkable FSXBA Hornet. What a beauty! I'm very much impressed by the numerous improvements versus the basic FSX Hornet I have been flying without any upgrades. Just the HUD itself is a tremendous improvement. I did two short missions yesterdy and what I have seen (and there is much more to enjoy) exceeded my expectations by far.
For the first time I could enjoy TCN/ILS carrier landings I missed most on the FSX basic model.
Auto trim, ATC and auto flaps make life now very easy; not to talk about the beauty of watching the leading edge flaps physically move. Just a perfect work you guys have done. Congratulations!!
I love to see the multiple clock modes on the HUD although, I don't know yet how to get it changed to GMT.
Thank you for your brilliant work, Amigo

PS.: Since a few weeks I'm a FSDT member and my flight sim enjoyment improved since then because of other members help; for free!!
Last week I downloaded a small add-on at AVSIM and I appreciated the way they encourage people for a donation of any value. Wouldn't it be nice and fair if people had a chance to show their appreciation for a job excellent done with something more than just a thank you?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:21:56 am »
Thanks Amigo!  As stated in the manual, many thanks goes out to many individuals in the FSX community for this release.  The credit for the updated HUD goes out to Scott Printz and Neutrino, and all the cool effects and some of the gauges goes out to SLUDGE and his crew.  I appreciate the comments about the donations and all, but there are a few, like SLUDGE and I, that do it for the pursuit of having a more realistic Hornet and bettering the FSX community, as a whole and not for the money.  As long as people are enjoying, supporting, and contributing their knowledge to what we are doing, we are happy.  Thanks again!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Amigo

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 07:00:10 pm »
Jimi 08;
Thanks a lot for your speedy relpy.
Yes, it wasn't hard to make out that you are a great group of professionals from which we all at FSDT benefit from and I did not expect you working for money. I don't think I ever met a Navy, Air Force or any other military pilot who was actually flying for money.
My mentioning of the donation I, for sure, did not mean that you should be paid for what you are doing for us in FSDT. I apologize if I left that impression.
What I really meant was the fact that people like your privileged group would have the chance to direct donations to those people who don't have the luxury of having a flight simulator and are people in need. I just can hope that AVSIM (I mentioned in my post) is doing something like that.
As more as I keep flying your FSXBA Hornet and being excited about it, as much I think we, the users; should appreciate the pleasure with more than just a thank you; and you, as the producer, could pass on that appreciation where ever you think it's needed.
Just a thought, Amigo

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 08:05:43 pm »
Roger that Amigo and sorry if I misunderstood you.  I agree with you.  I think we should pass on the thrill and enjoyment of FSX to those who are interested.  Although we are not in situation to provide simulators to those who do not have them, our team does try to help out by redirecting contributions given to our team, by our sponsors, to the general community by giving away those hardware and payware products for free via monthly screenshot contests and competitions.

...am I tracking correctly with your original intentions?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

sleightflight

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »
ok thanks jimi, I have the default fsx f18 hornet , the sludge hornet & vrs superhornet, hopefully I can keep all of these , I don't use the default because the sludge is so much better, & I tend to use the sludge more often the the vrs as I get better pc performance , the vrs tends to hit fps quite a bit.

Victory103

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:09 pm »
Finally getting a chance to download this, as with Sludge's great mods, I normally only fly the CS Family Wagon, was this tested at all with BA 7 on your end? If not, I should be able to make the changes to the CS?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS