Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148540 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1515 on: September 14, 2017, 07:37:45 am »
I just didn't want to get involved with any MS legal problems. Like sending someone a file I shouldn't. NOT saying you will, or are or whatever. It's just why *I* didn't want to send any files here or there, if you see what I mean.
I don't even KNOW that it would be a problem. I'm just chicken :D
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #1516 on: September 15, 2017, 01:04:17 am »
P3D is done by Lockheed Martin, I guarantee it has more to do with the F/A-18 is contracted to Boeing more than it has to do with Microsoft. They at Lockheed Martin just did not want to add their competitor. Maybe if they were minor but not a major one.

D5turbi

« Reply #1517 on: September 18, 2017, 05:46:58 pm »
HI,
I installed the FA-18 17.1.31 from the .exe file on P3D v3.4 and added the file F-18.dll to my gauges library.

After selecting the FA-18, a screen says that the configuration file "Gauges \ dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" is not found and that the file "Gauges \ dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini" will be used by default.
Then at the loading of the plane, P3D says "FCS Fail".
and when I quit P3D, it says that I have detected many errors and I get the ContentErrorLog.txt join to this post:

Can you tell me what is wrong in my installation and how to fix it.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1518 on: September 18, 2017, 08:34:59 pm »
I could be wrong, I often am, but it looks to me like either your gauges didn't install for some reason, your Hornet_FCS.dll is the wrong one, or the .NET Framework wasn't allowed to install.

OR, you didn't accept the gauges when you first ran P3D. I don't have P3D, so I can't say for certain, but I think when you install a new plane, like in FSX, it asks you if you want to allow the gauge to run. You must answer YES to the question when the little box pops up when you first select the new plane to fly.

First thing you should do, IMO, is to go back a couple pages of this thread, to where Jimi posted an updated Hornet_FCS.dll, download it, and install it according to the directions he gives in the same post. I'll see if I can find it for you...
EDIT: I found it. It's on page 99 of this thread, down near the bottom. Or, just follow this link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117227.html#msg117227
Hope this helps...
Pat☺

You didn't interrupt the install at any point, did you? Sometimes, during the .NET Framework install, it can LOOK like it's locked up, but it's not. You have to just let it run until it's finished. Can take a few minutes, up to 15 or so.

I hope something in all my babbling helps...
Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:42:10 pm by PhantomTweak »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1519 on: September 19, 2017, 12:30:49 am »
HI,
I installed the FA-18 17.1.31 from the .exe file on P3D v3.4 and added the file F-18.dll to my gauges library.

After selecting the FA-18, a screen says that the configuration file "Gauges \ dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau" is not found and that the file "Gauges \ dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini" will be used by default.
Then at the loading of the plane, P3D says "FCS Fail".
and when I quit P3D, it says that I have detected many errors and I get the ContentErrorLog.txt join to this post:

Can you tell me what is wrong in my installation and how to fix it.

D5turbi,

Getting the jet to work on v4 is a little different and involves a few extra steps other than just running the exe.  First, the F18.dll is not completely functional in v4, so it is not the fix-all for the jet.  Next, you will need to put both the FCS.dll and sound.gau files that are in the Panel.Fleet folder into your P3D/Gauges folder as well. 

If for whatever reason, you are still having issues with the FCS, go to http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117227.html#msg117227 , download that version of the FCS and place it in the P3D/Gauges folder instead (as Pat has already advised).

If it still doesn't work, I recommend reinstalling the .NET as Pat has advised as well.

Please not, that we are still working on getting the jet fully functional in P3Dv4, so much of the avionics in that bird are still INOP.  The FCS should work however if you place the correct files in the correct folders.  The link below, is what we've progressed to so far for P3Dv4 in terms of avionics.  DON'T EXPECT MUCH as it just supports top-level functionality for the DDI pages, but it's better than nothing at all.  As I said before, this is going to be a slow, painful process, unless I get some assistance from some skilled coders who know how to do avionics.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3So3WwTLPRZV2JGZmdzNkNTbkE

If my memory serves me correctly, only the left and right DDIs work wit this variant.  You will need to press the top button on the left column of buttons to activate them.  Again, there are a lot of bugs with them.

Good luck!

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1520 on: September 19, 2017, 12:50:12 am »
Gents,

I've decided to start a new thread so I can have a little more control over posting and updating the tread.

All updates for the project will be posted at: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,16514.0.html

Please continue to provide your inputs and feedback there. 

Thanks.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

D5turbi

« Reply #1521 on: September 19, 2017, 08:26:29 am »
Jimi08,

I have not installed on P3D v4, but on P3D v3.4  ;)
Jean

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1522 on: September 19, 2017, 04:52:56 pm »
I would recommend the same fix actions minus using the 64-bit version of the FCS.  Use the original, 32-bit version instead.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

D5turbi

« Reply #1523 on: September 19, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »
After apply your recommendations, I get the same issues  :-[

I will test an install of the FA-18 for fsx acceleration and, after, reinstall the FSXBA Hornet.

Regards

Jean

72westy

« Reply #1524 on: October 04, 2017, 03:19:01 am »
After apply your recommendations, I get the same issues  :-[

I will test an install of the FA-18 for fsx acceleration and, after, reinstall the FSXBA Hornet.

Regards

Jean

Do you have all versions of simconnect installed?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

nickatnight

« Reply #1525 on: November 12, 2017, 01:49:23 am »
Hello!!! I'm very excited to be apart of this forum(New Member) and my question is: Where is the inverted fuel pump switch/lights location on the latest Blue Angels Hornet? Also pics would be great if possible

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1526 on: November 12, 2017, 04:15:00 am »
Nick,

Welcome to the forums!

The inverted fuel pump can be accessed in one of two ways:  1. By clicking on the appropriate switch in the virtual cockpit (see attached picture), or 2. By going to Key Assignments and assigning a button or key to the "Auxiliary Fuel Pump" function.

Keep in mind, that even with the inverted fuel pump on, you only can stay inverted for about 45 seconds or so before the engines go out.
The lights on the right side of the dash indicate the following:
White:  Pumps are armed/on
Green:  Pumps are active (only happens while inverted/negative G)
Red:  Danger Zone.  You only have about 5 seconds before the engines go out

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

nickatnight

« Reply #1527 on: November 14, 2017, 12:19:08 pm »
Thank you Jimi08....That helps 100% Got it and thanks again.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1528 on: January 26, 2018, 03:51:34 pm »
Jimi,
What's up bro? O ok,I got you on the multi-player aspect. My bad for being vegue about what I meant about the outside environment, but what I meant was, in the default F-18 and earlier versions of the ones we have now is that, when flying, it seems like to me that the outside world is moving faster. Especially in cockpit view. I don't know if it has anything to do with the camera settings or something dealing with the inertia settings. For example, say your doing like, 500kts and 200ft AGL in the default F-18 and you look out down @ the ground, you feel like your doing 500kts,lol. Buuuut in our version it look like you going a little bit slower. But hey,maybe it's just me.😁

I was still thinking about this the other day.  I think it might have something to do with the zoom.  The more you use zoom during flight, the slower the perception of speed.  Try zooming out while flying.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels