Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148463 times)

bisinchi

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1500 on: September 08, 2017, 10:15:22 pm »
Yeah, Francois (sorry I don't have the ability to make that fancy C you used),
I believe that's what happened. You should download the latest posted by Jimi. I has the auto-installer, and will install the correct .NET Framework you need to make everything work. Delete the plane you installed manually, so the auto-installer has a clean slate to work with. Not critical, but it's a good idea, just in case.

A small note about the .NET Framework installer: Sometimes it can SEEM to lock-up, or stop doing anything. It's not locked. Just let it run until it finishes. It can take some time, sometimes (confusing, isn't it?  ::) ), so just go get a cuppa, or take a walk around the block, or whatever. Just leave it alone, and it will do the job. It just can take a while, and look like it's locked up. Just thought you should know.
Other than that, the auto-installer works great. Then go enjoy this wonderful, amazing plane! I know I do  :D
Pat☺
Got the auto-installer, things seem a bit better, I can see the effects (After burner, cloud above the LEX) and plane flies much better, but still have FCS fail and on the alerts screen (front right of the cockpit, I see FCS hot, not sure what it means). Also, when I load up weapons, I can see centerline tank, sidewinders, and that's pretty much it. Do I need tac pack to see the weapons (I'm not talking firing them as I understand you need tac pack for that). Do I need any additional .NET material?
Anyway, the plane is a fun to fly as it is.
François

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1501 on: September 09, 2017, 08:07:57 am »
(front right of the cockpit, I see FCS hot, not sure what it means).
Well, hmmm. Let's see...
When you have the FCS HOT warning, are the engines, OR the APU running? If neither, try starting the APU, then starting the engines, and once one is started, try pressing then releasing the FCS RESET button aft of the throttle quadrant, left side. An FCS HOT warning is usually caused by a lack of AVIONICS COOLING air, which is bleed from the engines. I believe the APU can provide cooling air as well, but I may be wrong on that. I'll check the NATOPS, though, and see what it says about it all.

The NATOPS has this to say about FCS HOT:

2.8.2.7.1 FCS HOT Caution. The FCS HOT caution light and FCS HOT caution on the DDI
indicates an overtemperature in FCC A or the right transformer-rectifier.
2.8.2.7.2 FCS or AV COOL Switch
NORM Both FCC and both transformer-rectifiers cooled by avionics air.
EMERG FCC A and right transformer-rectifier cooled by ram air.
FCC B and left transformer-rectifier cooled by avionics air.
Once EMERG selected, selection of NORM does not switch FCC A and right
transformer-rectifier cooling back to avionics air.

So it seems that a lack of cooling air may be the trouble. Try what I said above, and see if it helps. If not, we'll see what else I can dig up. I've never seen that warning, but I never start cold-n-dark, either.
Just a thought: Is your default flight/plane the generic, default Trike over Friday Harbour, or a different plane? If not, try making it so, and see if that has any effect.

Do I need tac pack to see the weapons
No. I tried earlier today, and I could see them all. Try selecting GUNS ONLY first, THEN other weapons and see what shows up. Just a thought.

Hope this helps. If not, we'll keep digging :D
Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:13:32 am by PhantomTweak »

ctec1

« Reply #1502 on: September 09, 2017, 01:42:34 pm »
Got the auto-installer, things seem a bit better, I can see the effects (After burner, cloud above the LEX) and plane flies much better, but still have FCS fail and on the alerts screen (front right of the cockpit, I see FCS hot, not sure what it means). Also, when I load up weapons, I can see centerline tank, sidewinders, and that's pretty much it. Do I need tac pack to see the weapons (I'm not talking firing them as I understand you need tac pack for that). Do I need any additional .NET material?
Anyway, the plane is a fun to fly as it is.
François

For the helluvit, try placing a copy of the HornetFCS.dll located in the aircrafts Panel.Fleet folder into the FSX\gauges folder. In P3dv4 I have to have a copy in the gauges folder or I get the FCS Fail message. I know we're talking FSX here but give it a try and see what happens.

bisinchi

« Reply #1503 on: September 09, 2017, 01:54:38 pm »
Thanks Pat for your help.
OK, weapons selection is visible, but resetting the FCS doesn't change the warning. It does not prevent me from flying though.
My default flight is the default FSX one (at Friday Harbour).
Regards,

François

Azframer

« Reply #1504 on: September 09, 2017, 07:14:51 pm »
With the updated auto installer I get a bunch of warnings of multiple objects with the same name. I will have to go through and figure out which planes in the config file those planes are and change the names. Blue Angels test came up a few times so that could be 7 or 8 of them.
Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1505 on: September 09, 2017, 09:51:05 pm »
With the updated auto installer I get a bunch of warnings of multiple objects with the same name. I will have to go through and figure out which planes in the config file those planes are and change the names. Blue Angels test came up a few times so that could be 7 or 8 of them.
Rick
Hi Rick :)
When you get those duplicate plane messages after installing a new version, it means you still have a previous version, or two, or three :D, installed. What I do when that happens is to take the version number, in this case v17.1.31, and add it to the two lines in the aircraft.cfg file, thus:
[fltsim.13]
title=FA-18C - NSAWC 26 v17.1.31
ui_variation="NSAWC 26 Grey Camo v17.1.31"

It takes some pasting, but once it's all done, I can there-after very easily tell which is a previous version. That way I can compare quickly and easily how an older version looks/flies with the current version.
Just the way I do it. I am sure there are other, probable better, ways.

Hey Francois. Try what Mr. Ctec1 said: Place a copy of the Hornet_FCS.dll file into your FSX\Gauges folder, and see if that helps.
Also, did you place the effects that came with the new plane into your FSX\Effects folder? There is a folder named Extras in the planes main folder, thus: D:\steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FA-18C_FSXBA_BA_17.1.31\Extras and inside the Extras folder is one named Effects. Copy the entire Effects folder over to your FSX\Effects folder, telling it to merge the two when asked, and saying yes to any over-writes that may pop up. I don't think that will fix the FCS HOT, but who knows :D
I'll keep looking. I have a possible lead inside the lights.XML file, that may have to do with the FCS HOT warning, but I need to do some testing. I am lousy at working with .XML files.

Not super helpful, but I'm doing the best I can for ya :D
Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:53:58 pm by PhantomTweak »

Azframer

« Reply #1506 on: September 11, 2017, 07:49:04 am »
Pat, I used windows uninstaller and it did not delete the last version. I thought it would and assumed. It didn't delete those files, I took care of it now.

Thanks, Rick

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1507 on: September 11, 2017, 07:56:05 am »
Pat, I used windows uninstaller and it did not delete the last version. I thought it would and assumed. It didn't delete those files, I took care of it now.

Thanks, Rick
That'll learn ya to trust Windoze anything :D
Seriously, I'm glad you got done what you needed to. I always double check "un-installs", and manually do any deleting they miss. Often a lot of deleting. heh...
Anywho, enjoy!
Pat☺

72westy

« Reply #1508 on: September 12, 2017, 12:24:48 pm »
Would like to install the current version (17.1.31) but I do not have 'Acceleration FA-18' installed. What can or do I need to do? I'm running P3Dv3.4.22.19868

Thanks
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

Azframer

« Reply #1509 on: September 12, 2017, 07:04:26 pm »
Would like to install the current version (17.1.31) but I do not have 'Acceleration FA-18' installed. What can or do I need to do? I'm running P3Dv3.4.22.19868

Thanks
Just install it to your P3Dv3.4, it is like having the acceleration pack, the same goes for if you have FSX SE.
Rick

72westy

« Reply #1510 on: September 13, 2017, 03:59:52 am »

Thanks
Just install it to your P3Dv3.4, it is like having the acceleration pack, the same goes for if you have FSX SE.
Rick

So I do not need the Acceleration FA-18 installed for P3Dv3? The installer says otherwise.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1511 on: September 13, 2017, 08:30:57 am »
No, you don't need the entire plane. What you DO need is the file F-18.dll in your gauges folder. If you have a copy of FSX Acceleration, you can just copy the file over to your P3D\Gauges folder.
Due to legalities, I am not at all sure what you can do if you do NOT have a copy of FSX Acceleration, FSX Gold, or FSX:SE, all of which will come with the .dll included. My LEGAL suggestion would be to buy FSX:SE and use the file from it. It's relatively inexpensive, sometimes on sale for downright cheap. Heck, I bought it for $5.00 when it first came out. I've seen it on sale for about $7.99 or so...
Just my thoughts on the subject.
Pat☺
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 08:33:52 am by PhantomTweak »

72westy

« Reply #1512 on: September 13, 2017, 07:29:04 pm »
No, you don't need the entire plane. What you DO need is the file F-18.dll in your gauges folder. If you have a copy of FSX Acceleration, you can just copy the file over to your P3D\Gauges folder.
Due to legalities, I am not at all sure what you can do if you do NOT have a copy of FSX Acceleration, FSX Gold, or FSX:SE, all of which will come with the .dll included. My LEGAL suggestion would be to buy FSX:SE and use the file from it. It's relatively inexpensive, sometimes on sale for downright cheap. Heck, I bought it for $5.00 when it first came out. I've seen it on sale for about $7.99 or so...
Just my thoughts on the subject.
Pat☺

Thanks Phantom. I do have the boxed Gold and Steam version but I jumped over to P3Dv3 awhile back and scuttled both off the hard drive. Don't wish to reinstall either of them.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1513 on: September 13, 2017, 09:13:19 pm »
I may be wrong, but I think you can find F-18.dll on the installation CD for FSX Gold. Search through the CD should turn it up. If it's zipped, you can just use WinZip or 7Zip to unzip it into a temp folder. Just copy it from there into P3D\Gauges.
Should work.
Worst case scenario, install SE, or Gold, back onto a HD someplace and get the file from it, copy it to where it needs to be, then delete FSX again. Kind of a long process, but not difficult, if you see what I mean.
Hope this helps somewhat...
Pat☺

Azframer

« Reply #1514 on: September 13, 2017, 09:21:23 pm »
If you need the dll file PM me and I can help you out.