Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148470 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1485 on: September 05, 2017, 07:38:14 pm »
Gents,

I've use released a quick update to fix a few things with the last release.  Go to http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg117011 to download ver. 17.1.31.

Fixes the following:
-Clickable tailhook lever in VC for Fleet Jets
-Tailhook/Refueling Probe mixup for Blue Angels Variant
-Updated Texture Graphics

Still working on other fixes such a sound adjustments and Fire Control System issues.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Thiseus

« Reply #1486 on: September 05, 2017, 09:51:30 pm »
Still working on other fixes such a sound adjustments and Fire Control System issues.
It'll be much appreciated...  :)

Panic

« Reply #1487 on: September 05, 2017, 11:10:34 pm »
Awesome Thanks for the Update Jimi!! I'm starting to love this legacy hornet over my VRS.....

micpni

« Reply #1488 on: September 06, 2017, 07:46:24 am »
Little test with VW 360/16kt (No gust) and Boat 020/25kt =>WOD 40kt

http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia.fr/Test/01.mp4
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:51:22 am by micpni »

KC

« Reply #1489 on: September 06, 2017, 09:51:40 pm »
Hello

Great Work

But I found something in combination with the FS Recorder.
The Refueling Probe is in replay always displayed as extended.
Also the hook isn't working and is always up.
In older versions like 15.6 this was never a Problem.
Might this be in combination with the changes in multiplayer use?

Thanks for help

greetings  Cyrill

bisinchi

« Reply #1490 on: September 06, 2017, 10:06:35 pm »
Hi all,

New on this forum, I may have missed info about it, but I downloaded the latest version yesterday, I'm running FSX and have FCS fail written on the HUD and pressing SHIFT F9 confirms that FCS is not loaded properly. Am I missing any step, do the hornetfcs.dll need to be moved to a specific folder?

Great aircraft, congrats to the team for such quality airplane!!

F.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1491 on: September 07, 2017, 04:38:33 am »
Hi all,

New on this forum, I may have missed info about it, but I downloaded the latest version yesterday, I'm running FSX and have FCS fail written on the HUD and pressing SHIFT F9 confirms that FCS is not loaded properly. Am I missing any step, do the hornetfcs.dll need to be moved to a specific folder?

F.

Hey bisinchi,

What platform are you using (fsx, p3d, P3Dv4)?  Did you use the auto installer?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1492 on: September 07, 2017, 08:41:52 am »
Hey Jimi, and all the others on this fantastic Team!
First, wonderful bird, truly wonderful. Flys for a treat! I can finally make some decent traps, which is such a nice change :)

I think Mr. Bisinchi said he had FSX, no?
I think what may have happened is this: He downloaded and installed the v17.1.31, which has no auto-installer. It's just a zipped up folder with the plane in it. If he just unzipped and installed, could he be missing the .NET Framework file the auto-installer puts in for one?

Which reminds me, is the v17.1.31 and update, that should be ADDED to v17.1.30, over-writing where applicable, or is it a stand-alone install? If it's an update to over-write existing files from the v17.1.30, I messed up. I unzipped and placed it manually, and deleted the v17.1.30. If it's a stand-alone, I'm golden, but maybe you should have made an autoinstaller for it, so that folks just finding this amazing plane will get all the files  they need, where they need them?

I don't know if this is any help, but I hope it is...
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1493 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:12 am »
Thought I uploaded the auto installer version.

Please let me know if this is the auto installer. I am away from my computer at the moment and can't confirm myself

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZemdlb0ZiYTg4aUk/view?usp=drivesdk

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

ctec1

« Reply #1494 on: September 07, 2017, 12:50:25 pm »
Yes, the above link points to an auto installer. Your previous link to the new version pointed to a manual install as Pat described.

Thx for the update ;D

micpni

« Reply #1495 on: September 07, 2017, 04:16:17 pm »
Using Showmarkers, these values seem to be good... but only for a test.

[tailhook]
tailhook_length = 4.00
tailhook_position = -54.0, 0, -4.0
cable_force_adjust = 1.80

« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 08:29:46 pm by micpni »

bisinchi

« Reply #1496 on: September 07, 2017, 09:50:34 pm »
Hi all,

F.

Hey bisinchi,

What platform are you using (fsx, p3d, P3Dv4)?  Did you use the auto installer?
Hi, I'm running FSX and I downloaded the file which did not contain an autoinstaller (or I didn't see it). I copied the files onto my FSX simobject/aircraft folder. So seems like I may have missed a .NET environnement that may come with the autoinstall.

François

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1497 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:21 am »
Yeah, Francois (sorry I don't have the ability to make that fancy C you used),
I believe that's what happened. You should download the latest posted by Jimi. I has the auto-installer, and will install the correct .NET Framework you need to make everything work. Delete the plane you installed manually, so the auto-installer has a clean slate to work with. Not critical, but it's a good idea, just in case.

A small note about the .NET Framework installer: Sometimes it can SEEM to lock-up, or stop doing anything. It's not locked. Just let it run until it finishes. It can take some time, sometimes (confusing, isn't it?  ::) ), so just go get a cuppa, or take a walk around the block, or whatever. Just leave it alone, and it will do the job. It just can take a while, and look like it's locked up. Just thought you should know.
Other than that, the auto-installer works great. Then go enjoy this wonderful, amazing plane! I know I do  :D
Pat☺

Kea

« Reply #1498 on: September 08, 2017, 11:48:31 am »
It's been a while, but for anyone who is interested, updated and corrected Aggressor Hornet paints for the following:

F/A-18C (current 17.1... version) -

NSAWC 22 (standard grey with white "tips")
NSAWC 25 (blue camo scheme)
NSAWC 26 (grey camo scheme)
NSAWC 27 (brown camo scheme)
NSAWC 30 (Persian camo scheme)
NSAWC 31 (blue camo scheme)
NSAWC 32 (standard grey)

F/A-18D (15.6 version) -

NSAWC 00 (standard grey)
NSAWC 02 (brown camo scheme)
VFC-12 12 (SU-34 shark scheme)

Aircraft cfg lines included. Each set uses the fallback texture folder so if you have issues with blank bits, check in the respective model's "texture" folder first for a solution, otherwise sing out if anyone has any issues adding/using these.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_KeMXMmL3b3WlhfUkdrcjFqTDA

Great jet Jimi and co, heartening to see projects like this still alive and well (and free!) for the FSX/P3D community. Long may it last.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1499 on: September 08, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »
A small detail that's been noted by several: The wing flex no longer functions at all. With or without TACPAC, in FSX, FSX:SE, or P3Dv3.4. I know it's not a big deal, but it would be nice.

Was this disabled on purpose, or is it something that is easily fixed?

Just wanted to let the Team know.
Still a fantastic plane, and getting better all the time! Thanks SO much.
Pat☺