Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148515 times)

Valhalla

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1470 on: August 31, 2017, 07:10:53 pm »
I wanted the ATFLIR on one cheek station with AIM120 on the other side, matching real world.

This is easy. Select the two cheek AIM120's then select the ASQ228 and it will replace the left AIM120.

cobrales

« Reply #1471 on: August 31, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
Should there be muzzle flash and tracers during gun firing? All i'm getting is smoke.
See nothing from VC

FSX Box and Steam

Les
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 04:39:16 pm by cobrales »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1472 on: August 31, 2017, 09:57:25 pm »
I'm missing some textures too. The chief annoyance is this one; ENG_POI_RB_GLASSN.dds

The lack of it is making big black squares around engine smoke. (Only in DX10, FSX)
I don't know how a friend of mine found out that that texture file was missing, but he says it makes the engine smoke look boxy in DX10.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Any news on the missing Texture folder I posted about earlier too? Just curious.

Thanks guys!
Pat☺

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1473 on: September 02, 2017, 12:27:57 am »
I'm missing some textures too. The chief annoyance is this one; ENG_POI_RB_GLASSN.dds

The lack of it is making big black squares around engine smoke. (Only in DX10, FSX)
I don't know how a friend of mine found out that that texture file was missing, but he says it makes the engine smoke look boxy in DX10.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Any news on the missing Texture folder I posted about earlier too? Just curious.

Thanks guys!
Pat☺

Interesting.  I'll take a look when I get the chance Pat.  Thanks again.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1474 on: September 02, 2017, 03:38:26 am »

Now that I'm at my computer to test and confirm, this is what needs to be done:
1. Look in the Panel.Fleet folder and locate the file "HornetFCS64.dll"
2. Move said file to your primary GAUGES folder at C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges
3. Rename: "HornetFCS64.dll" to "HornetFCS.dll"
4. Restart Flight Sim.

For you P3Dv4 guys, try downloading the attached file and follow the instructions listed above.  Let me know if it works.

Jimi
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:40:51 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ctec1

« Reply #1475 on: September 02, 2017, 05:26:25 am »
Thx Jimi,

The new HornetFCS.dll fixed the issue on my end. The FCS panel (shift + 9) reads "FCS initialized 1". Its late now but I'll get around to flying tomorrow evening. BTW, I just extracted the new dll to the gauges folder and also to the Panel.Fleet and Panel.BA folders just to be safe . looks like you nailed it.

Thx again!

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1476 on: September 02, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »
Jimi,
What's up bro? O ok,I got you on the multi-player aspect. My bad for being vegue about what I meant about the outside environment, but what I meant was, in the default F-18 and earlier versions of the ones we have now is that, when flying, it seems like to me that the outside world is moving faster. Especially in cockpit view. I don't know if it has anything to do with the camera settings or something dealing with the inertia settings. For example, say your doing like, 500kts and 200ft AGL in the default F-18 and you look out down @ the ground, you feel like your doing 500kts,lol. Buuuut in our version it look like you going a little bit slower. But hey,maybe it's just me.😁

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1477 on: September 03, 2017, 02:19:30 am »
Jimi,
What's up bro? O ok,I got you on the multi-player aspect. My bad for being vegue about what I meant about the outside environment, but what I meant was, in the default F-18 and earlier versions of the ones we have now is that, when flying, it seems like to me that the outside world is moving faster. Especially in cockpit view. I don't know if it has anything to do with the camera settings or something dealing with the inertia settings. For example, say your doing like, 500kts and 200ft AGL in the default F-18 and you look out down @ the ground, you feel like your doing 500kts,lol. Buuuut in our version it look like you going a little bit slower. But hey,maybe it's just me.😁

Yeah, not too sure how to fix that man.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Panic

« Reply #1478 on: September 04, 2017, 09:46:30 pm »
Hey Jimi,

I wanted to ask, can the Hanimod paintkit still be used to repaint this aircraft? I'm trying to use it and when I load in sim the texture doesn't line up. This is what it looks like.

don't mind the Blue Angels half, I was testing the front half first.

Azframer

« Reply #1479 on: September 04, 2017, 10:28:25 pm »
Hey Jimi,

I wanted to ask, can the Hanimod paintkit still be used to repaint this aircraft? I'm trying to use it and when I load in sim the texture doesn't line up. This is what it looks like.

Are you flipping texture top to bottom before you save as DDS? That needs to be done.

Panic

« Reply #1480 on: September 05, 2017, 01:24:14 am »
Hey Jimi,

Are you flipping texture top to bottom before you save as DDS? That needs to be done.

Thank you, I'm a bit new to repaints, so I overlooked flipping the image.

Panic

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1481 on: September 05, 2017, 01:45:23 am »
Hey Jimi,

I believe the Hanimod is for the Acceleration Hornet. If so, then No, it is not compatible.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Panic

« Reply #1482 on: September 05, 2017, 01:57:36 am »
I tried the repaint pack jimi, and it seems to work with the FSXBA 17.3 hornet.

Azframer

« Reply #1483 on: September 05, 2017, 02:13:15 am »
I tried the repaint pack jimi, and it seems to work with the FSXBA 17.3 hornet.
That is the right paint kit, just flip top to bottom before you convert to DDS.

Panic

« Reply #1484 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:23 pm »
This may be a little off topic of the thread, but if I wanted to upscale the textures from what they are to 4096, would it be alright, or would it run into issues with the mapping?