Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148613 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1455 on: August 29, 2017, 10:53:34 pm »
A small situation was just pointed out to me, and I hope of our texture geniuses can lend a hand with this:
The texture folder for

[fltsim.51]
title=FA-18C - Export AAA
texture=AAATest

Is missing in the installed plane. Is this for later release, or did it just get missed? Or is it non-existant, and the [fltsim...] entry should be deleted in it's entirety?

Thanks in advance for any help that may be forthcoming, and I am certain it will be  :D

Pat☺

Victory103

« Reply #1456 on: August 30, 2017, 04:13:20 am »
Jimi, confirmed with the ctr tank by loading wing tanks (I was going for double ugly config), but I have had the same issue with AMRAAMs, it might be the crazy loads I'm messing with but loaded 4xAIM120 and showed zero in HUD, SMS page good. Fired off the Winders and GUN, then 120 showed/worked correctly.

Great textures jagl04, a few other countries missing but I can only fly one jet at a time. I've got a few requests for other USN/USMC squadrons.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1457 on: August 30, 2017, 06:31:54 am »
Jimi, confirmed with the ctr tank by loading wing tanks (I was going for double ugly config), but I have had the same issue with AMRAAMs, it might be the crazy loads I'm messing with but loaded 4xAIM120 and showed zero in HUD, SMS page good. Fired off the Winders and GUN, then 120 showed/worked correctly.

Great textures jagl04, a few other countries missing but I can only fly one jet at a time. I've got a few requests for other USN/USMC squadrons.

Victory,
Copy and thanks for the input/feedback.  I'll keep at it and hopefully have a fix soon.  Definitely been a learning curve (for me anyways lol) to get this TACPACK stuff working as desired.

Jagl,
Agree with Victory.  Nice work!  If it's alright with you, I would like to include it in the next release.  If not, I understand.

Jimi
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 06:33:48 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

ctec1

« Reply #1458 on: August 30, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »
Jimi,
 First things first, thanks to you and the team for your time and effort improving the FSXBA Hornet. You fellas are doing a tremendous job.

--Available for P3Dv4: In addition to the aforementioned, ORION has recompiled the FCS.dll to work for P3Dv4 as well!  Unfortunately, avionics still do not work.  Recoding avionics in currently in progress...

In P3Dv3 everything runs fine and is a joy to fly but in P3Dv4 I'm getting the FCS FAIL warning on the HUD. Is this to be expected until the avionics are recoded? You mentioned Orion recompiled the FCS.dll to work with V4. Should the FCS gauge work with P3Dv4 without the avionics recode?

Not a big deal, I have v3 working very well, just curious about the FCS.dll in v4 and whether or not I have an issue on my end.

Thx again

cobrales

« Reply #1459 on: August 30, 2017, 05:41:46 pm »
a joy to fly.......thanks to all involved in the development.......

Les

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1460 on: August 30, 2017, 07:47:33 pm »
Hey Fellas,
 I have some request that we all might enjoy.1. CORRADO, can you make the Blue Angel "Delta" model glossy also? I've got it working to my liking since I mainly only fly it for my personal demo,so I'm not tooooo pressed on the Fleet variant and I'll release to you all once I've tweaked it my best. 2. Jimiiiiii,again good work bro! Ok things I've noticed on my end and rig, the wing fold and tailhook activate a few seconds late after pressing the buttons or hitting the switches assigned to them. Also I've notice in the default F-18 and the earlier 2012-2014 versions,the outside environment seems to be moving faster making it feel more authentic while flying,is there anyway you can speed up our current version like those versions? 3. Ok I've also notice in the 2012-2014,the sounds are a little more louder then our current versions,can you look into this? and also far as sound,in the cold and dark state like in the default F-18, is there a way to make the battery trigger the avionics sound instead of it starting already activated? And when clicking the APU switch, can you make it trigger a APU start sound? And 4. I've noticed in the Blues version, the wing navigation lights doesn't illuminate. that's all I have and again thanks fellas for the almost perfect jets that we can call our own and escape in!

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1461 on: August 30, 2017, 07:55:12 pm »
O yea...

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1462 on: August 30, 2017, 10:15:41 pm »
Jimi,
 First things first, thanks to you and the team for your time and effort improving the FSXBA Hornet. You fellas are doing a tremendous job.

--Available for P3Dv4: In addition to the aforementioned, ORION has recompiled the FCS.dll to work for P3Dv4 as well!  Unfortunately, avionics still do not work.  Recoding avionics in currently in progress...

In P3Dv3 everything runs fine and is a joy to fly but in P3Dv4 I'm getting the FCS FAIL warning on the HUD. Is this to be expected until the avionics are recoded? You mentioned Orion recompiled the FCS.dll to work with V4. Should the FCS gauge work with P3Dv4 without the avionics recode?

Not a big deal, I have v3 working very well, just curious about the FCS.dll in v4 and whether or not I have an issue on my end.

Thx again

Ctec,

Do this:
1. Look in the Panel.Fleet folder and locate the file "HornetFCS64.dll"
2. Move said file to your primary GAUGES folder at C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges
3. Rename: "HornetFCS64.dll" to "HornetFCS.dll"
4. Restart Flight Sim.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:48:12 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1463 on: August 30, 2017, 10:16:22 pm »
a joy to fly.......thanks to all involved in the development.......

Les

Thanks Les!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1464 on: August 30, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
Hey Fellas,
 I have some request that we all might enjoy.1. CORRADO, can you make the Blue Angel "Delta" model glossy also? I've got it working to my liking since I mainly only fly it for my personal demo,so I'm not tooooo pressed on the Fleet variant and I'll release to you all once I've tweaked it my best. 2. Jimiiiiii,again good work bro! Ok things I've noticed on my end and rig, the wing fold and tailhook activate a few seconds late after pressing the buttons or hitting the switches assigned to them. Also I've notice in the default F-18 and the earlier 2012-2014 versions,the outside environment seems to be moving faster making it feel more authentic while flying,is there anyway you can speed up our current version like those versions? 3. Ok I've also notice in the 2012-2014,the sounds are a little more louder then our current versions,can you look into this? and also far as sound,in the cold and dark state like in the default F-18, is there a way to make the battery trigger the avionics sound instead of it starting already activated? And when clicking the APU switch, can you make it trigger a APU start sound? And 4. I've noticed in the Blues version, the wing navigation lights doesn't illuminate. that's all I have and again thanks fellas for the almost perfect jets that we can call our own and escape in!

Ahmenace,

I'll see about what I can do on a few things on your list such as the sounds and lights.  Others such as the lag time on the wingfold and hooks are probably going to remain like that due to the way we configured them so that they can be seen in multiplayer.  You see, the probe, hook, and wingfold animations are actually attached to exits/doors since their status/data is passed across multiplayer.  The actual hook/wingfold/probe status are monitored and mirrored to the animation to match the actual state.  That way the functionality is there along with the visual effect in multiplayer.  Because of this there is a lag while the two sync and mirror up.

What do you mean by outside environment?  Control surfaces?  If so, there is going to be a slight lag due to the process and PID calculations and outputs being done by the FCS coding.  Remember that the system is no longer positional command based (unless the FCS is turned off or on the ground), meaning the control surfaces do not simply mirror themselves off of stick position, but off of how much G, pitch rate, or AOA that is "asked for" from the position of the flight stick.  100% aft stick does not always equate to 100% stabilator deflection.  Now, even with 100% stick, stabilator deflection is now determined with a few additional factors, including airspeed, AOA, and flight mode (i.e. Powered Approach or Up & Away).

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Victory103

« Reply #1465 on: August 31, 2017, 12:00:58 am »
No prob jimi, I just like moving mud with TP and I can "fight" the Hornet in it's correct TP config in single player. I think my issues stemmed from the loadout manager, I wanted the ATFLIR on one cheek station with AIM120 on the other side, matching real world. I've been re-reading the TP SDK trying to figure out a few things (sharks with lasers, JDAM coords) from a non-coder prospective, really want to help add all the "sting" to this Bug.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Razgriz

« Reply #1466 on: August 31, 2017, 03:47:29 am »
Jimi,

--Available for P3Dv4: In addition to the aforementioned, ORION has recompiled the FCS.dll to work for P3Dv4 as well!  Unfortunately, avionics still do not work.  Recoding avionics in currently in progress...

Thx again

Ctec,

In order to get the FCS gauge working for v4, you will need to have the sim point to the 64-bit version of the .dll.  This can be done in two ways:
1.  Go to the Panel folder for their the Fleet or Blues version and located the 64-bit version on the Hornet_FCS.dll.  Rename the currently used FCS.dll something different (e.g. Hornet_FCS_32) and then rename the 64-bit version of the file so that it now takes the original name of the 32-bit version of the FCS (e.g. Hornet_FCS.dll).  Not sure of the exact name of the files, as I am currently not at my home computer to check.  Anyways, once this is done, restart Flight Simulator.

--or--

2.  Keep the files names as they are and make changes to the Panel.cfg instead.  This can be done by opening up the cfg file in notepad, scrolling down the virtual cockpit 1 section and finding the gauge entry for FCS_Hornet that is located in the "Flight Control System" section.  Change the file name listed there to match the name of the 64 bit FCS_Hornet.dll that is found in the same Panel folder.  Save, close and restart Flight Simulator.

Fanastic work, this jet is the only thing that keeps me coming back to flight simulator.

I tried this and I'm still getting the FCS FAIL message + when using Shift+9 (FCS Data or whatever), fcs_init is 0.  Also tried deleteing the jet, reinstalling, and retrying the process.  Didn't seem to work, I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong?

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1467 on: August 31, 2017, 06:50:51 am »
Jimi,

--Available for P3Dv4: In addition to the aforementioned, ORION has recompiled the FCS.dll to work for P3Dv4 as well!  Unfortunately, avionics still do not work.  Recoding avionics in currently in progress...

Thx again

Ctec,

In order to get the FCS gauge working for v4, you will need to have the sim point to the 64-bit version of the .dll.  This can be done in two ways:
1.  Go to the Panel folder for their the Fleet or Blues version and located the 64-bit version on the Hornet_FCS.dll.  Rename the currently used FCS.dll something different (e.g. Hornet_FCS_32) and then rename the 64-bit version of the file so that it now takes the original name of the 32-bit version of the FCS (e.g. Hornet_FCS.dll).  Not sure of the exact name of the files, as I am currently not at my home computer to check.  Anyways, once this is done, restart Flight Simulator.

--or--

2.  Keep the files names as they are and make changes to the Panel.cfg instead.  This can be done by opening up the cfg file in notepad, scrolling down the virtual cockpit 1 section and finding the gauge entry for FCS_Hornet that is located in the "Flight Control System" section.  Change the file name listed there to match the name of the 64 bit FCS_Hornet.dll that is found in the same Panel folder.  Save, close and restart Flight Simulator.

Fanastic work, this jet is the only thing that keeps me coming back to flight simulator.

I tried this and I'm still getting the FCS FAIL message + when using Shift+9 (FCS Data or whatever), fcs_init is 0.  Also tried deleteing the jet, reinstalling, and retrying the process.  Didn't seem to work, I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong?

Now that I'm at my computer to test and confirm, this is what needs to be done:
1. Look in the Panel.Fleet folder and locate the file "HornetFCS64.dll"
2. Move said file to your primary GAUGES folder at C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\gauges
3. Rename: "HornetFCS64.dll" to "HornetFCS.dll"
4. Restart Flight Sim.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:45:51 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Razgriz

« Reply #1468 on: August 31, 2017, 11:39:23 am »
My P3Dv4 is still showing fcs_initialized 0 and FCS FAIL on the HUD.  Could the FCS be working while the data gauge&hud show fcs_initialized=0?

ctec1

« Reply #1469 on: August 31, 2017, 12:42:23 pm »
Same results as Razgriz on my end. Tried all (3) methods as instructed. I dont believe the FCS gauge is loaded.There is a noticeable difference in the way the P3Dv3 hornet flies and v4.