Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155466 times)

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1260 on: August 01, 2016, 01:06:33 am »
Thanks for the help, Jimi! I was totally brain-dead the last few days... ;D  :P
Pat☺

Thanks for covering down over the past few weeks Pat!  Much appreciated!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1261 on: August 01, 2016, 08:02:31 am »
My pleasure. Glad I could do a little bit to help out :)
I am nowhere near you or Orion's league, but heck, I do what I can.

Have fun!
Pat☺

gillesaw

« Reply #1262 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:40 am »
Hello Everybody.

I flight this plane with Tacpack and CCP to test Capo Frasco training range, a mission available at FSX@War website.

Is there a tutorial to use the HUD and to understand the specific display AG mode ?

Best regards
Gilles

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1263 on: September 03, 2016, 12:48:07 pm »
Hello Everybody.

I flight this plane with Tacpack and CCP to test Capo Frasco training range, a mission available at FSX@War website.

Is there a tutorial to use the HUD and to understand the specific display AG mode ?

Best regards
Gilles

Not currently at this time, though one is in the works.  Thanks.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Wood

• Virtual Carrier Wing Three
« Reply #1264 on: October 10, 2016, 07:00:07 pm »
Hey guys
I'm beating my head with this one. i have everything working almost normal within P3D 3.4 with the exception of the HSI moving. It only seems to be stationary. Any help on this would be fantastic..

Thanks for your time in advance.

Wood

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1265 on: October 10, 2016, 09:44:51 pm »
I've never seen that happen before. Hmmmm...
Do you have the correct .NET Framework installed? Do you have the latest Hornet.dll, in the right place? To the best of my knowledge, the autoinstaller for the v16.1 takes care of both of those.
Sorry, not super helpful. I am not running P3D, but as far as I know, there's not much difference in the way the plane works in FSX vs P3D. I may well be wrong, though.
Pat☺

Rocco31alpha

« Reply #1266 on: October 11, 2016, 07:34:12 pm »
Is it possible that the landing light is lighting the ground?

I read that with the keys shift+E and then the 3 the ladder should come out. But that is not working in my hornet.

I deleted the old hornet v14.1 and only installed the new v16.1. Is that ok for every function or is it recommended to have the old one?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1267 on: October 12, 2016, 07:47:31 am »
To answer your question, no :D Landing lighting is integral to the model of the particular aircraft in FSX and P3D. In FS9, you could add a landing light effect to the [Lights] section of the aircraft.cfg,  but that's been removed from FSX and P3D. Now it has to be integrated into the aircraft's model by it's dev.
You don't need the old one. The new one is a completely stand-alone package.
Did you allow the installer time to do the .NET Framework install? It sometimes appears as though it's stopped running or locked, but it just takes a long time to totally do the install. At least on my PC anyway...
Also, do you have the sim installed, by any chance, in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(X86) ? If so, you are going to have nothing but trouble with a lot of things. Also, are you running the sim as Administrator, and did you run the installer for the plane as Admin? It's vital that you do so every time.
Just trying to think of possibilities, is all, and I'm getting a headache :D
I hate thinking, I really do...
Pat☺
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:51:36 am by PhantomTweak »

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1268 on: October 17, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »
Hey fellas,
Long time no talk to,but I figured out the ladder,chocks,engine and intake covers. If you delete the RSRI file in the Panel/FX they become enable but you loose the RSRI system,maybe someone can fix this.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1269 on: October 17, 2016, 08:55:28 pm »
My understanding is that the ladder/chocks thing is very low on the list of things to work on, for Jimi and the team. I wouldn't eliminate the RSRI entry in the panel.cfg for any reason. It's definately an integral part of the FCS, and the FCS is one of the reasons this plane flies so wonderfully. Eliminating it will at the very least degrade the FCS, which is certainly not a desirable thing to have happen.
To see the effect of doing so, however, comment the line out of the panel.cfg, then, while flying, call up SHFT+7 and watch the PID controllers. Then enable it and go do the same flight. Do some turns, climbing, descending, just rolls without turning, and so on, and monitor the numbers. I'll wager you see a very significant difference in how the plane flies.
Not the greatest answer, I know, but it's the best I can offer. Sorry...
Pat☺

blackhander92

« Reply #1270 on: November 09, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »
G'day guys, first of all, love the BA Hornet, super fun to fly! I do have one problem though, just installed the 16.1v and all of a sudden my HUD will not appear in the VC and even in 2D mode. I've checked that all switches are in the right place. Any ideas?

Cheers

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1271 on: November 10, 2016, 07:00:40 am »
Hey man. Thanks for the good words!  Couple of questions. What version of FSX are you running?  Have you tried pressing ctrl+e and waiting a few seconds?  Sometimes that does the trick.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1272 on: November 10, 2016, 07:11:50 am »
Hey fellas,
Long time no talk to,but I figured out the ladder,chocks,engine and intake covers. If you delete the RSRI file in the Panel/FX they become enable but you loose the RSRI system,maybe someone can fix this.

Good find Ahmenace!  I'll update when I get the time.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

blackhander92

« Reply #1273 on: November 12, 2016, 09:51:51 pm »
Hey man. Thanks for the good words!  Couple of questions. What version of FSX are you running?  Have you tried pressing ctrl+e and waiting a few seconds?  Sometimes that does the trick.

Wow, there you go, fixed it. I wonder why it wasn't working when I used switches only to power up the jet?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1274 on: November 13, 2016, 08:05:04 am »
Sounds like you were starting from a saved, cold-n-dark plane. Without the engines running, no HUD.
You can start the engines with the CTRL-E key combo, OR: Set the BATTERY switch ON. This will give you MFDs. Call up the ENG page on one of them.
Set the APU to ON, and wait for it to spool up to 100%. Takes about 1 min, IIRC.
Then set the ENG CRANK switch below it to R. The right engine is normally started first to give the brake systems hyd pressure. watch the N2 RPM spool up to about 20%, then move the right throttle to IDLE. OR, Hit CTRL+SHFT+F4. The engine should light off and spool up to 62% N2 RPM fairly rapidly. Again, monitor the ENG page on an MFD.
Turn the RIGHT Inverter switch to NORM. You now have electrics, and the HUD should be operational.
The ENG CRANK switch will automatically center back up once the engine starts. Perform the same actions for the left engine. Go flying and enjoy the heck outta it :D
All the above actions are the long way of hitting CTRL+E.
Hope all that is some help...
Pat☺