Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148663 times)

Azframer

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1440 on: August 28, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »
JIMI, I CHECKED AND I DO NOT HAVE THE F18.DLL IN GAUGES, but i have p3d and no fsx.....where can i get this file? and if it does not work in p3d?
Check your pm box

dave76

« Reply #1441 on: August 28, 2017, 06:22:28 pm »
thank you azframer, i solved :), seems everything working now

Victory103

« Reply #1442 on: August 28, 2017, 06:31:53 pm »
Confirmed on the tactical model as with AZframer, hook and wingfold tied together. Tacpack: no guns? loaded up 4xLGB, showed in SMS but initially did not work or display on HUD. Cycled AA/AG switch and Master ARM, still nothing. Switched to AA and fired off -120s, cycled back to AG and 4xLGB now showed/dropped in CDIP mode.

Beautiful job on UA/PA mode resets, a/c is a joy around the pattern and very easy to maintain glide path/AoA, boat work should be cake. Pylon/weps drag adds to the short legs, I can now see why the legacy jet is always on the tanker.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Azframer

« Reply #1443 on: August 28, 2017, 07:39:25 pm »
Confirmed on the tactical model as with AZframer, hook and wingfold tied together. Tacpack: no guns? loaded up 4xLGB, showed in SMS but initially did not work or display on HUD. Cycled AA/AG switch and Master ARM, still nothing. Switched to AA and fired off -120s, cycled back to AG and 4xLGB now showed/dropped in CDIP mode.

Beautiful job on UA/PA mode resets, a/c is a joy around the pattern and very easy to maintain glide path/AoA, boat work should be cake. Pylon/weps drag adds to the short legs, I can now see why the legacy jet is always on the tanker.
Mine was the Blue jets only, fleet jets are fine.
Rick

IRONDAN

« Reply #1444 on: August 28, 2017, 09:56:15 pm »
Weird I have just installed the dll file but nothing on my mfds. I have p3d v3.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1445 on: August 28, 2017, 11:30:54 pm »

Victory,

-Can you confirm "GUN" was selected while in AA/AG mode?  Other thing is, did you have a center tank loaded on the jet as well?  Try loading guns with no center tank.  That might affect you ability to fire guns a well.  I known glitch that I'm working to fix.  Thanks.

-I've fixed the Hook & Probe issue for the Blue Angel variants.  Still working a issue with the wing fold.  Will push out an updated soon.

-All kudos go to ORION for the UP/PA mode improvements.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 11:37:24 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1446 on: August 28, 2017, 11:33:41 pm »
Weird I have just installed the dll file but nothing on my mfds. I have p3d v3.

DAN,

Just to confirm, did you place the dll in your primary GUAGES folder (e.g. Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D/Gauges) for Flight Sim/P3D and NOT in the one found in the Sim Objects/Airplanes/FSXBA FA-18 Folder?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

IRONDAN

« Reply #1447 on: August 28, 2017, 11:37:14 pm »
Yup, I have put it in the main gauges folder.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1448 on: August 29, 2017, 12:29:40 am »
Yup, I have put it in the main gauges folder.

DAN,

Where you able to get the 16.1 version working in your version of P3D?  I know I had issues with some of the later versions of P3D that caused the same issues you are having now.  I would recommend, installing the default, Acceleration F/A-18A and see if you are

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Dman

« Reply #1449 on: August 29, 2017, 01:22:14 am »
Pylon/weps drag adds to the short legs, I can now see why the legacy jet is always on the tanker.

No Doubt.. I noticed it too...

I can also confirm the gun situation.. at least the times I flew it the counter shows zero.. But Its still soooo awesome to fly!!!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1450 on: August 29, 2017, 05:33:28 am »
Pylon/weps drag adds to the short legs, I can now see why the legacy jet is always on the tanker.

I can also confirm the gun situation.. at least the times I flew it the counter shows zero.. But Its still soooo awesome to fly!!!

Interesting, I'll revisit the gun tonight... 

As usual, thanks for the inputs guys!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1451 on: August 29, 2017, 11:10:00 am »
Maaaaaaan Jimi this jet is the ish! The only thing I'm missing now is that T.M F/A-18 stick! keep up the good work fellas!

Appreciate the good words Ahmenace!

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1452 on: August 29, 2017, 11:21:07 am »

Interesting, I'll revisit the gun tonight... 

As usual, thanks for the inputs guys!

Gents,

Took a look at the gun on my end.  Works as advertised.  Leads me to procedural questions:
1.  Make sure TACPACK is enabled and running on your system.
2.  Did you first select "Guns Only" from the payload manager.  That will arm up the cannon with 578 rounds.
3.  Make sure you do not select the center fuel tank after that.  Currently they share the same load point, which I still need to deconflict.  Selecting the Center Tank after loading the gun will zeroize the gun.
4.  Select either AA or AG Master Mode after loading the gun
5.  Go to the FCS page on the Digital Display Indicator (DDI) and select the gun by clicking the soft button next to GUN on the upper right of the page
6.  Click on the Master Arm switch to arm the system.  The Master Arm indication should go from SAFE to ARM on the SMS page
7.  Squeeze the trigger (or whatever you have designated as the trigger) to make it rain!  Make sure you are using the Trigger (for Air-to-Air ordnance) vice the Pickle (for Air-to-Ground) ordnance.

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Dman

« Reply #1453 on: August 29, 2017, 04:09:21 pm »
Gotcha.. the centerline tank might be the issue after flying again last night.. still pretty happy anyway..

jagl04

« Reply #1454 on: August 29, 2017, 07:42:19 pm »
Downloaded and working fine. A great job! I missed the Spanish Air Force textures in the package, so I have done these, Ala 12, Torrejon AB. The link is here for anyone interested

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_FqquKfHiDoSVdzeTczZUgwU0U

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:38:35 pm by jagl04 »