Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1153270 times)

PhantomTweak

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1350 on: March 23, 2017, 08:32:16 pm »
Textures from where? Made for what plane? And which plane and version are you trying to add to? As far as I know, there aren't any add-on textures available for the v16.1.
Maybe you can post the [fltsim.X] sections for the textures you're trying to add, and at least one from the plane you are trying to add to. It may help identify where-in lieth the rub :)
Hope this helps...
Pat☺

Mattieduck

« Reply #1351 on: March 23, 2017, 08:46:55 pm »
i understand there are no textures for 16.1 however im trying to add them for 15.6 there groomlakes repaint the issue is i had the textures and add the new entry to the cfg the aircraft appaers on the selection menu but once selected it doesnt show up or show up as a diffrent aircraft

Azframer

« Reply #1352 on: March 23, 2017, 09:25:58 pm »
i understand there are no textures for 16.1 however im trying to add them for 15.6 there groomlakes repaint the issue is i had the textures and add the new entry to the cfg the aircraft appaers on the selection menu but once selected it doesnt show up or show up as a diffrent aircraft

In the newest version of CFG did you change the line Texture= to your folder of the new texture?

Mattieduck

« Reply #1353 on: March 23, 2017, 10:59:57 pm »
I have I checked then double checked still won't work

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1354 on: March 24, 2017, 03:38:46 am »
Mattieduck,

Few things here:
1.  Have you tried www.fsxblueangels.com and searched under the downloads section?  There are plenty of textures for the 16.1.

2.  I'm pretty sure the 16.1 jet is still aliased with its folder hierarchy to minimize file size, meaning that many of the jets data is stored in the "Base" folder by default.  So a few things will need to happen if you want to have newly installed textures to show up.
---1.  You will need to take your new texture folder (and all files contained within) and place it in the Base folder.
---2.  Next you will need to create another folder in the particular model of the jet (variant) that you want to the texture to appear on (Training, Air to Air, Clean, Air to Ground, etc).  My recommendation here is simply go to the particular jet you want, and copy/paste from another texture folder and give the newly copied folder the exact same NAME as the texture folder you just placed in the BASE folder.
---3.  Now, open the new folder you just copied and pasted (the one in the particular variant folder), you will need to do two things here:
------a.  You will need to open the texture config file (can be done with notepad) contained there and change the coding to properly reflect the correct texture folder.  Once done, save and close.
------b.  Also, you will need to update the jpg file in there to the show the correct jet in the menu selection list.  You can copy and past this file from the texture folder that you placed in the Base folder.
---4.  Lastly, you will need to open the aircraft.cfg file (can be done with notepad) in the variant folder that you've selected and scroll to the bottom where all of the texture entries are.  Copy and paste the last texture entry in there, change the sequence number of the
Code: [Select]
[fltsim.n] entry to reflect the next number in sequence.  Under your new entry, make sure to change the "texture" entry to the same name as the new texture folder you created earlier.  For example, if your new texture folder was named
Texture.Badbug, then it will look like
texture=Badbug in your aircraft config file.  Change the title, atc_id, and ui_variation entries to accurately reflect the name of the jet.  I strongly encourage leaving everything else as is.  After all is said and done, save and close.

If this helps, the hierarchy looks like this:
Aircraft Menu > Aircraft (Variant) Folder (FSXBA FA-18C Hornet 16.1 Variant) > Aircraft Config > Aircraft Config /Fltsim.n Texture> Variant Texture Folder (Texture.x) > Variant Texture Folder/Texture Config > Aircraft (Base) Folder (FSXBA FA-18C Hornet 16.1 Base) > Base Texture Folder (Texture.x)

So basically the variant folder will initially look in the texture folder and files within its own folder.  Once it gets there, it realizes that there are no files, but instead instructions that tell it to go look for the texture files in the Base Folder instead.  Once it gets to the base folder, it finds the folder and files it needs and presents the textures that you've installed.

Clear as mud?

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Corvette99

« Reply #1355 on: March 26, 2017, 05:49:53 pm »
I was looking for the really old textures pack for the Legacy , found a link , but inactive. In particular looking for the VX-31 textures for 5210 & 5212 .  Anybody still have those somewhere ? Thanks in advance ! Hope someone can help me out !

Azframer

« Reply #1356 on: March 28, 2017, 01:33:16 am »
I was looking for the really old textures pack for the Legacy , found a link , but inactive. In particular looking for the VX-31 textures for 5210 & 5212 .  Anybody still have those somewhere ? Thanks in advance ! Hope someone can help me out !
The only ones for those planes was made for the Capt Sims version in the New Hornet thread of Peters that I am aware of.

Edit=
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10839.0.html

cobrales

« Reply #1357 on: March 28, 2017, 04:27:48 am »
Thanks to Pat and Jimi I got my FSXBA Hornet sorted out but I still felt it was a little unsteady. So I decided to pull out my old x45 controller and see it was any calmer. It wasn't any better. I looked at how I had things plugged in to my computer. I was plugging my stick into a 6 port USB hub. Plugged the stick directly into my computer USB port and behold stability was back. Amazing how good all my planes fly now. Even making some decent passes at Coupeville vLSO and RFN. I'm guessing to much lag in that 20 year old hub.

Les
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:23:53 am by cobrales »

Mattieduck

« Reply #1358 on: March 28, 2017, 09:10:34 am »

thanks for the help i have them installed just some minor issue however

1.textures showing up darker then they should

2. i have a fcs warining when flying 16.1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1359 on: March 28, 2017, 07:47:25 pm »
Mattie,

Make sure you aren't missing any needed files that are normally located in your primary TEXTURE folder (folder is just titled "Texture").  That should fix shading issues.

As for the FCS warning on the 16.1, not sure if you used the auto-installer or not, but the warning most likely means that you have not successfully installed the C++redist update files that are needed for the FCS to function properly.  Usually the auto-installer automatically runs the executable for you during installation of the jet.  But the needed file can also be downloaded at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145.  Make sure you download the x86 variant.

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1360 on: March 28, 2017, 09:30:44 pm »
Be aware, the installer for the C++ redist file can sometimes SEEM to lock up, or freeze, during installation. Just let it run. It can take a while, sometimes.
Again, just let it run until it finishes. It's not locked, I promise (for what that's worth :D )
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #1361 on: March 31, 2017, 11:36:23 pm »
Gentleman

On my Xp computer I still get FCS failed when I use the 16.1 Hornet. It seems to fly pretty good but I have that big red FCS FAILED on my hud. Is there a way to edit a file to remove this. Yah I know I'm the the guy who pulls the bulb out of the check engine light because it bothers him.

Les

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1362 on: April 01, 2017, 05:48:41 am »
Gentleman

On my Xp computer I still get FCS failed when I use the 16.1 Hornet. It seems to fly pretty good but I have that big red FCS FAILED on my hud. Is there a way to edit a file to remove this. Yah I know I'm the the guy who pulls the bulb out of the check engine light because it bothers him.

Les

Les,

Although the jet flies OK without it, I would highly recommend trying to get the gauge to work.  I controls a lot in reference to the flight controls.

For the FCS warning on the 16.1, not sure if you used the auto-installer or not, but the warning most likely means that you have not successfully installed the C++redist update files that are needed for the FCS to function properly.  Usually the auto-installer automatically runs the executable for you during installation of the jet.  But the needed file can also be downloaded at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145.  Make sure you download the x86 variant.

You would have to modify the HUD.cfg file if you wanted to take out the warning on the HUD.

Hope this helps.

Jimi

Hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1363 on: April 01, 2017, 07:36:42 am »
And remember, when you run the C++ Redist installer, to Run As Administrator. You may be encountering UAC issues. Make sure you UAC is disabled for at least this step to get the installation correct. I turned mine off and left it that way. And Run As Admin always when installing anything. Windows sometimes has personal problems with things being intalled, ESPECIALLY into the C:\program Files or C:|Program Files(X86) folders. Even with UAC turned off. It isn't always as "off" as you think it is.
Good luck! We'll get this figgered out yet, you wait and see! :D
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #1364 on: April 01, 2017, 10:27:28 am »
Thanks guys......