Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155378 times)

Corvette99

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1305 on: January 17, 2017, 11:23:45 pm »
Thank you Jimi !

VortexGen

« Reply #1306 on: January 23, 2017, 07:01:25 pm »
Hello Jimi,

first off, thank you  for the amazing blue angel F-18 Hornet package which I'm enjoying very much!
There surely was a lot of work involved to bring it to its present fantastic level, so thank you
all the more for making it available for free.

I have only  two small issues (could be me or my system as well), but maybe you do know a fix for it.

One thing is, the analogue standby attitude indicator in the cockpit has the sky and earth sections
in the same dark grey colour.
Unlike the standard Acceleration hornet,where the sky section is in lighter grey/ white colour,
which seems to make more sense to me.

Is this a graphical glitch on my system or in the model? I hope my explanation was understandable, otherwise
I'll try to post a screenshot of it.

The other issue is, the Set T-O trim button on the left console seems to make no difference between land based TakeOffs and carrier launched Takeoffs
on my computer.
If I undestood it correctly, the carrierlaunch TakeOff trim should add more elevator/nose-up Trim, than the land based variant.
I thought the system was connected to the launch bar status to differenciate between the two variants, but somehow
even with the launchbar set down, it seems to only set land-based Take off Trim.

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Oliver

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1307 on: January 24, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
Hey Oliver,

First, thanks for the kind words.  I'll be sure to pass them along to those involved!

-As for the attitude indicator, should be an easy fix.  Just have to make some adjustments to a few textures.

-For the trim, I'll have to look into that a bit further.  Previously I had a simplified T/O trim that simply set the stabs a set level throughout the entire takeoff roll.  The current one takes airspeed and weight into consideration to continually increase stab deflection as the aircraft accelerates in order to rotate the jet at around the same set speed, regardless of weight.  Either way, I'll take a look into it and adjust as needed.

Thanks again for the inputs!

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1308 on: January 25, 2017, 04:26:50 am »
Oliver,

Took a look at the attitude indicator textures last night.  Unfortunately I was wrong.  Although I though it would be an easy fix, it turns out not to be due to the way that the textures are applied to the 3D object.  Apparently they are "mirrored" with the same texture applied to the top half of the sphere and inverted and reapplied to the bottom hemisphere.  Because of that, I can only make it one color.  Sorry.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

VortexGen

« Reply #1309 on: January 25, 2017, 10:58:01 pm »
Hello Jimi,

thank you very much for your quick replies and for looking into the texture-issue with the attitude indicator!
No worries -  if it can't be fixed, it is a relatively small thing and will not spoil the enjoyment of the aircraft.
Thanks again for being so quick with replying and supporting the aircraft!

Kind regards,

Oliver

marte21

« Reply #1310 on: January 29, 2017, 04:42:57 pm »
I am using your fantastic development in P3D v3. I know that some characteristics won 't work. Anyway I have trouble with slammers ( AIM120). It seem that they just go on airplane heading, in "maddog" mode, not following the designated target. Could you confirm?

Maybe this can be the solution to the problem

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=17058

Thank you very much

adiazcay

« Reply #1311 on: January 30, 2017, 02:36:40 pm »
Hello

The pilot 'extra' face appeared sometime between january and february 2014. The Training version don't have the problem, but it has a date of 2013. The external models in the 2014.5 version don't have this issue. The face appears since the 2014.6 version. :P

Kind regards
Antonio

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1312 on: February 01, 2017, 02:57:07 am »
I'll take a look at it when I get the chance.

Thanks Antonio.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

RagingBlue

« Reply #1313 on: February 05, 2017, 10:21:22 pm »
Whats the latest version? The version I use tends to freak out upon landing with flaps, Sometimes I can't make adjustments with the stick and sometimes it will just pitch the nose straight up without warning

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1314 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:08 am »
The latest version is the v16.1
Do you have it installed, along with it's version of the Hornet_FCS.dll? Very important. Same with the Microsoft C++ Redistributable 2015 that the v16.1 installs for you.
The link to it is in Jimi's sig above, if that helps any...
Pat☺

RagingBlue

« Reply #1315 on: February 06, 2017, 10:21:52 pm »
Does that come with the .dll file I need? I do have the 16.1 version but i have no idea if I have the .dll file you mentioned, its been quite some time since I've even flown anything on FSX. Also is it normal that when pulling anything over 3 g's the aircraft will continue to pull for at least 3 seconds after the stick is released and suddenly disengage? or it this a problem that is fixed by the Hornet_FCS.dll as well?

Thanks for the reply!

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1316 on: February 06, 2017, 11:04:41 pm »
Does that come with the .dll file I need?
Yes, it does. Fully automatic install.
Also is it normal that when pulling anything over 3 g's the aircraft will continue to pull for at least 3 seconds after the stick is released and suddenly disengage? or it this a problem that is fixed by the Hornet_FCS.dll as well?
No, that's not normal, and no, the v16.1 doesn't do that. The FCS always tries, barring any input from the pilot, to maintain 1 G loading on the plane. That does NOT mean it will level out automatically, but it will, when the stick is neutral, try to achieve a 1G load on the plane. So if you pull a 4G vertical pull up, when the stick is neutralized, the plane will wind up going straight up, but no longer pulling more than 1 G. So essentially straight and level, going straight up, if that makes sense. If you then do a 3 G push over long enough, then release the stick, you will level up again, see what I mean? If you go through turbulence of some kind, like Clear Air turb, or whatever, the plane will bounce around, but the FCS will try to keep the G loading to 1 G, so you'll see the elevaters trying to compensate for the turbulence, as it happens.
If you pull enough G to cause a blackout, just let go, or neutralize the stick, and you will come out  of the blackout in a couple seconds. There are settings in the FSX.cfg file that affect this whole situation, but I've never messed with them.
Hope this helps :D
Pat☺

RagingBlue

« Reply #1317 on: February 07, 2017, 06:47:14 pm »
Ok so I do have 16.1 and after seeing another post about the .dll I do have it activated because I always accept those messages after installing a new aircraft. Now I don't understand what the issue with my aircraft continuing it's positive g pull after I release the stick, the aircraft isn't returning to level, if I were to pull straight up to 90 and release the stick it would continue to pull further back for 3 or 4 seconds at which point it will stop and return to a neutral. That coupled with the finicky landings are disappointing because it's quite a nice plane. I'm sure this is just an issue on my end but I can't seem to figure out what it is

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1318 on: February 07, 2017, 09:07:57 pm »
Do you have the sliders for the Controls, in the Controls tab or the Settings page, maxed out? IE: Sensitivity full right, and the Null Zones either full left, or very close to that. You can set the rudder Null Zone a hair bigger, to keep stray inputs from the joystick out.
Also, ensure the Realism sliders are all full right.
Are you using the FSUIPC payware? There are control input settings in that, too. Make sure those are all set to default, IE: not changing the joystick inputs in any way.
I'm just trying to think of anything that might cause this problem.
continuing it's positive g pull after I release the stick, the aircraft isn't returning to level, if I were to pull straight up to 90 and release the stick it would continue to pull further back for 3 or 4 seconds at which point it will stop and return to a neutral.
Well, just to make sure I understand, the plane won't return to "level". It will return to 1 G. Not level. So yeah, it should continue straight up, but at a 1 G load on the plane. I'll do some testing and see what happens on my system. Maybe try a Blue Angel take off, like I've seen at El Centro. Pull the gear and flaps up, at about 50' off the deck, accelerate to a good speed, and at the end of the runway do a vertical pull and see what happens :D
We'll get this figured out!
Pat☺

RagingBlue

« Reply #1319 on: February 08, 2017, 01:15:25 am »
Its nothing with controls or anything, I've messed with the realism settings and now its not as bad, Now releasing the stick the aircraft continues to pull 1.5-1.7 G's for at least 2 seconds before returning to neutral. I appreciate all the help, Its still my favorite aircraft to fly so anyway I can enhance the experience just makes it that much more enjoyable.