Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155805 times)

Wood

• Virtual Carrier Wing Three
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1185 on: February 26, 2016, 08:41:00 pm »
Hi Wood,
if you want disabled lights when the wheels are up ( as it is in real life ) you can edit a simple gauge like the one in the previous post of mine.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg98420.html#msg98420
Of course you can control them manually but only when the gears are extended.
Cheers.

sidoti thanks very much for this.

Wood

Thiseus

« Reply #1186 on: February 26, 2016, 10:23:22 pm »
Thank's for this plane, greatly appreciated ! Very satisfying to fly & fight with...
I've made two FSX Missions for fighting with this plane that you may download
from video's description link... Keep in mind that target factory in video, does not
correspond to the actual targets inside missions though...

ramasr

« Reply #1187 on: February 28, 2016, 04:43:35 pm »
Of course i receive them if HornetFCS.dll isn't in [Trusted] section in fsx.cfg file. But when i'm loading the Hornet for the second time and HornetFCS.dll already is in [Trusted] section then i'm not receiving those dialogs..

I asked because I was wondering if FSX was even loading the gauge at all (if for some reason the panel.cfg entry was incorrect or something), as nothing seems to be working (it should at least open the SimConnect connection, but the log shows no evidence of that happening).  Try running this SimConnect.msi file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19121193/FSX/Temp/SimConnect.msi)?

The version of Simconnect installed on my computer is the same as offered You. But i uninstalled mine and installed Yours. No changes. I think the problem is something other. Cause if it was Simconnect problem i must have problems with other add-on's which are requiring to use Simconnect. But all other add-on's (SimVar, AiCarriers, etc) are loading and working fine...Thanks for Your efforts to help. But it seems i'll not have oportunity to fully check this aircraft :)

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1188 on: March 02, 2016, 08:19:43 pm »
I finally got a chance to give the latest v16.1.
Ohhhh waht a georgeous bird to fly!! I can not TELL you how much I enjoyed this plane!!!!

The only "thing" I've noticed so far, although I haven't burrowed too deeply yet, was that you forgot the Pilot weight in the Weight&Balance section of the Clean version. It was right n the Training version (well, it was 200, somewhat low for me, buuuut   ;D ), but in the Clean it was 0. I just corrected it, no big deal. I didn't look at the rest yet, but you might want to check. A tiny little detail, not really critical.

Fantastic bird. I am gonna have a LOT of fun with this puppy!
Pat☺

oldpop

« Reply #1189 on: March 02, 2016, 11:34:41 pm »
Where is the link to the latest build?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1190 on: March 03, 2016, 08:04:59 am »
It is in http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg98293.html#msg98293 that thread post, on page 76, I believe. I KNOW the link is right, I'm just not certain of the page number. Just go to the post I liinked and the link to DL v16.1 is there.

Y'know, someday I'll just link the DL page, instead of thread post, like I should ;D

Hope that answers your question :)
Pat☺
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 08:07:44 am by PhantomTweak »

oldpop

« Reply #1191 on: March 03, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »
Question on the comm radios.
If I understand the thread on radio and AP, only the  "M" ch can be selected on both 1 & 2, and frequencies set there.   No specific other channels(frequencies) available.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1192 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:09 am »
If you see the M on the UFC on one radio or the other, it just means Manual.
HOWEVER:
You can punch frequencies in directly to the radios. Select the radio you want (1 or 2) then punch the freq into the UFC. Say, for example, you want to have the Com1 to be 121.90, and the ILS (NAV 1) to be 109.50. You don't need to have the M selected for a radio. Just make sure that
GRCV
SQCH
CPHR
AM
MENU
Is showing on the right side of the UFC, If it's not, just deselect whatever you had chosen on the keys on the bottom of the UFC. If you hit the TCN key, just hit it again, and voila! Do that for whatever key you had activated. Then type in whatever freq you want on the keypad. In this example, punch 1-2-1-9-0 and hit the ENTER key. Done.
To set NAV1, select the TCN or ILS button at the bottom of hte UFC, and punch in, in this example, 1-0-9-5-0, ENTER. Done.
It's not hard to figure out. Just do it a few times, and you will have it locked in, no pun intended :D You can see you can enter whatever freq you want, in whichever radio you want. There aren't any "limitations", other than the proper frequency band for a particular radio. For example, if you try to enter a COM freq into a NAV radio, you will get an ERROR displayed.
Does that answer your question adequately?
Pat☺

oldpop

« Reply #1193 on: March 04, 2016, 03:21:25 pm »
The reason for my question, my wing uses the 'in game comm" for flight comm.  With the VRS FA18E we have preset freq's on channels with comm 1 and 2.  Using this we can quickly change freq between say, tower and ATC.
Is there any plans to expand the comms in the "C" to do this?

oldpop

« Reply #1194 on: March 04, 2016, 05:57:49 pm »
Another Question. Is there a method to program keys/fsuipc to the MFD buttons?

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1195 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »
You could add a pop-up radio panel to use for your pre-programmed channel selections, I suppose. Just take the radio you use now, and add it to the Base version's Panel.cfg file as a new [WindowX] section. Then you can hit the shft+X key combo, and when the radio pops up, change the freq. Or have it pop up in a corner of the cockpit you don't utilize much, and then it will always be ready.

As to the rest, I think someone a lot wiser than I will need to weigh in on this one. Like maybe Mr. Orion, or Jimi.
Sorry I couldn't be more help...
Pat☺

oldpop

« Reply #1196 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:12 pm »
Don't think since the SB uses the UFCP to set up comms placing a "radio stack" would do the trick... It was just a thought. Thanks

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1197 on: March 05, 2016, 10:55:10 am »
Don't think since the SB uses the UFCP to set up comms placing a "radio stack" would do the trick... It was just a thought. Thanks

Oldpop,

The radios on this bird work the same as the default acceleration Hornet. To set freqs using the UFCP, pull either the left or right know, to enter manual mode for that respective radio (two radios). From there, use the number pad to enter in the desired frequency, minus the decimal, then press "ENT". Now you have tuned to that freq.  If the scratchpad reads "Of" then you have turned the inactive radio. To make it active click on the knob above the digital number (either 1 or 2). The "Of" should change to "On" and you are ready to transmit. You can tune either radio at any time and simply select which one you want to transmit from. This is useful if you want to preset a freq or two as you've described above. Just keep in mind that you can not guard two freqs at the same time.

Virtualli, has posted detailed instructions on how to operate the radios and autopilot at the top of the main Hornet forums.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20.msg57.html#msg57

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 10:57:53 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

gillesaw

« Reply #1198 on: March 07, 2016, 01:27:31 pm »
Hi Everybody.

On my computer, the HUD works only in green color. Blue one is not display when I change with Hud control panel. This is the same for all planes. Is it a bug or is it normal ?

Best regards.
Gilles

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1199 on: March 07, 2016, 09:13:44 pm »
I believe one of the changes "they" made going from v15.2 to v16.1 was that they removed the blue (cyan, I think it was) color possibility from the HUD. IE: Green is all there is now, on the v16.1. I am pretty sure the older versions still have it, but the improvements they've made to the HUD in the v16.1 make it worth loosing the cyan color, IMO.
I believe that Jimi mentioned this all in the latest Update Notes he posted with the DL link.
I am pretty sure that's on page 76 of this thread. I'll check to see what I can find...
Pat☺