Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1155495 times)

ramasr

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1170 on: February 21, 2016, 05:12:56 pm »
I've installed this in my computer...Nothing changes.

If you press Alt then go to the Add-ons menu, do you have a Hornet FCS option?  If you do, can you click it and take a screenshot of the resulting green bar?

Hmm..No, i haven't. What i must do to have Hornet FCS option in Add-ons menu ?

brunofer

« Reply #1171 on: February 21, 2016, 09:33:51 pm »
Thanks brunofer
Sorry about the canopy issue - I'd need to play around a bit to make the canopy more reflective, don't have a lot of time at the moment.

No problem Kea : this Hornet is a freeware product, no need to hurry, I'm happy to have an FA18C far better than the accelleration
one and I appreciate the fact that in this forum  all observations and questions done by us simmers are taken by developers in a positive
attitude. Actually I think that everyone is only looking for the best digital rendition of this beautiful jet! Good job
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:38:41 pm by brunofer »

Orion

« Reply #1172 on: February 23, 2016, 03:35:12 am »

Try going to your fsx.CFG file and removing the [Trusted] section.  Also rename the dll.xml and exe.xml files.  The next time you launch the simulator, make sure to accept any dialogs that come up asking if you want to run or trust HornetFCS.dll.

ramasr

« Reply #1173 on: February 23, 2016, 11:13:58 pm »

Try going to your fsx.CFG file and removing the [Trusted] section.  Also rename the dll.xml and exe.xml files.  The next time you launch the simulator, make sure to accept any dialogs that come up asking if you want to run or trust HornetFCS.dll.

Done all like You said. But the result is the same..Cannot initialize FCS gauge and Hornet FCS option does not appears in my FSX Acceleration Add-ons menu. Removed [Trusted] section, renamed dll.xml and exe.xml files, accepted dialog to trust HornetFCS.dll (i always do that with gauges files which i want to use and run) but do not achieved the result..Something mysterious is with this product

Orion

« Reply #1174 on: February 24, 2016, 01:57:20 am »
Done all like You said. But the result is the same..Cannot initialize FCS gauge and Hornet FCS option does not appears in my FSX Acceleration Add-ons menu. Removed [Trusted] section, renamed dll.xml and exe.xml files, accepted dialog to trust HornetFCS.dll (i always do that with gauges files which i want to use and run) but do not achieved the result..Something mysterious is with this product

Copy the following text and save it as SimConnect.ini in the C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder (the same folder with Logbook.BIN and saved flights).  Replace C:\SOME\PATH\TO\LOG with a path to a folder on your computer before saving the SimConnect.ini file. Make sure Log%03u.txt remains at the end.  Make sure the file is not called SimConnect.ini.txt.

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
file=C:\SOME\PATH\TO\LOG\Log%03u.txt
file_max_index=9

After making sure the file= line has a valid path and saving the SimConnect.ini file in the Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, launch the simulator, load the FSXBA Hornet until you're sitting on the ground with FCS FAIL flashing on the HUD, then close the simulator and upload the log file that was saved in the folder you specified (think it can be an attachment here, or just upload at some site like Pastebin).

ramasr

« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2016, 06:33:45 pm »

Copy the following text and save it as SimConnect.ini in the C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME HERE\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder (the same folder with Logbook.BIN and saved flights).  Replace C:\SOME\PATH\TO\LOG with a path to a folder on your computer before saving the SimConnect.ini file. Make sure Log%03u.txt remains at the end.  Make sure the file is not called SimConnect.ini.txt.

Code: [Select]
[SimConnect]
level=verbose
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
file=C:\SOME\PATH\TO\LOG\Log%03u.txt
file_max_index=9

After making sure the file= line has a valid path and saving the SimConnect.ini file in the Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder, launch the simulator, load the FSXBA Hornet until you're sitting on the ground with FCS FAIL flashing on the HUD, then close the simulator and upload the log file that was saved in the folder you specified (think it can be an attachment here, or just upload at some site like Pastebin).

Done..BTW:
1. On my HUD FCS FAIL not flashing... it only indicating.
2. With renaming dll.xml and exe.xml files (i renamed them to dll_bak.xml and exe_bak.xml) i'm loosing my other add-ons options (AiCarriers, SimVar, FsPassengers, FSUIPC, etc.). Also after these steps there is no Add-ons menu in main Flight Simulator X window. Is this normal ?? Where and how can HornetFCS.dll option appear if there is no Add-ons menu ? Of course, HornetFCS.dll option does not appear in Add-ons menu if i leave dll.xml and exe.xml files not renamed.

Orion

« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2016, 10:00:33 pm »
The Add-ons menu only appears when an addon creates a menu; if there are no addons running that utilize menu items, the menu option won't appear.

Looking at the log it seems that HornetFCS.dll isn't opening a SimConnect connection at all.  Did you receive any dialogs that look similar to the following (specifying HornetFCS.dll)?

Kea

« Reply #1177 on: February 25, 2016, 05:01:48 am »
Side note for Jimi/Ed, whoever is doing the TacPack bits...

If you drop in the following at the end of the FA-18C xml doc it'll let users activate the VRS night-vision:

//NIGHT VISION
<On Key="846" ID="SHIFT+CTRL+N">
<Visible>1</Visible>
(C:VRSTP_Util:NVGEnable, bool) ! (>C:VRSTP_Util:NVGEnable, bool)
</On>

edakridge

« Reply #1178 on: February 25, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »
I will take a look at it KEA

ramasr

« Reply #1179 on: February 25, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »
The Add-ons menu only appears when an addon creates a menu; if there are no addons running that utilize menu items, the menu option won't appear.

Looking at the log it seems that HornetFCS.dll isn't opening a SimConnect connection at all.  Did you receive any dialogs that look similar to the following (specifying HornetFCS.dll)?

Of course i receive them if HornetFCS.dll isn't in [Trusted] section in fsx.cfg file. But when i'm loading the Hornet for the second time and HornetFCS.dll already is in [Trusted] section then i'm not receiving those dialogs..

Wood

• Virtual Carrier Wing Three
« Reply #1180 on: February 25, 2016, 07:13:34 pm »
Hey everyone

Again what and incredible job you did on the recent update. Question to anyone? who is actually using this bird in P3D V3.1. I've noticed drastic handling issues between FSX and P3D. From rudder isolation at approach speeds behind the boat to lack pitch authority. Items still not working such as UFCP, AOA indicator.

Effects such as landing lights continuing to be on with gear retracted to poor illumination. I've tried installing older simconnect with no success.

Any suggestions on this at all.

Thanks in advance and again fantastic job

Wood
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:22:51 pm by Wood »

Orion

« Reply #1181 on: February 25, 2016, 07:35:14 pm »
Of course i receive them if HornetFCS.dll isn't in [Trusted] section in fsx.cfg file. But when i'm loading the Hornet for the second time and HornetFCS.dll already is in [Trusted] section then i'm not receiving those dialogs..

I asked because I was wondering if FSX was even loading the gauge at all (if for some reason the panel.cfg entry was incorrect or something), as nothing seems to be working (it should at least open the SimConnect connection, but the log shows no evidence of that happening).  Try running this SimConnect.msi file (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19121193/FSX/Temp/SimConnect.msi)?

sidoti

« Reply #1182 on: February 25, 2016, 09:10:49 pm »
Hi Wood,
if you want disabled lights when the wheels are up ( as it is in real life ) you can edit a simple gauge like the one in the previous post of mine.
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg98420.html#msg98420
Of course you can control them manually but only when the gears are extended.
Cheers.

skyhawkmlt

« Reply #1183 on: February 26, 2016, 10:57:08 am »
Is there a fix for the pilot model/pilot head on P3DV3?

brunofer

« Reply #1184 on: February 26, 2016, 02:53:00 pm »
Is there a fix for the pilot model/pilot head on P3DV3?
[/quote/]

Bug common for both FSX&P3D : it's already present in the list of things to be fixed by the developer
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 02:56:17 pm by brunofer »