Author Topic: Lost ability to add additional gates  (Read 3378 times)

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Lost ability to add additional gates
« on: July 06, 2012, 06:27:56 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I have been adding lots of airport gates data to my \Virtuali\GSX\ folder using the functions provided within GSX. But now the option to add any further airport gates has disappeared. I was adding the first gate of my 35th airport.

Is there any connection with it being the 35th airport i.e. is there a program limit set? If not, how do I restore the option to GSX? Restarting FSX does not restore the option.

Cheers, Richard :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost ability to add additional gates
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:33:46 pm »
There's no limit at all, other the hard drive space to hold all your .INI file. Maybe there's a problem with one of them, or a problem with the AFCAD you are using.

You can also activate a log, to see what's happening: open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe. Then go in FSX, then when it's done loading the scenery you can't edit and ready to fly, then Exit from FSX and post the content of the Couatl.LOG file that should have been created inside FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
Re: Lost ability to add additional gates
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:20:18 pm »
Umberto,
Thanks for our quick reply.

I have now thought about the situation and decided to delete the last file created and restart the creation process. Works just fine. So it cannot be a capacity problem.

I shall do as you suggest if the probelm recurs.
Cheers, Richard ;)