Author Topic: Combined Purchase discount did not show  (Read 5101 times)

rdg43

Combined Purchase discount did not show
« on: June 03, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »
Hi,
I just purchased LAX and GSX. I purchased LAX first and GSX did not show up as a grouped purchase item. When I purchased GSX, LAX showed up as grouped purchase item. So I didn't get a discount on the two purchases. Had I purchased the GSX first , i would have been able to purchase LAX at a discount. Is there some way I can get a coupon for this  to apply to another purchase?
Thanks,
Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Combined Purchase discount did not show
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 06:52:10 pm »
Well, as a matter of fact, the cross sell promotion says "Buy any FSDT airport TOGETHER with any other FSDT airports, and get a discount!", so only airports are discounted, that's why GSX wasn't included in the list when you selected KLAX.

In any case, I've updated the site, so GSX now counts as an airport (XPOI does, so there was no reason to keep GSX different) so, if you contact support via email with your Order Number, we can issue you the 6$ refund.

rdg43

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »
I understand what it said. My question was, why did it show a cross buy option with an airport when I went to buy GSX but did not show this when I chose the airport? I'll contact support for my refund.
Thanks,
Ron

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 09:47:27 am »
I understand what it said. My question was, why did it show a cross buy option with an airport when I went to buy GSX but did not show this when I chose the airport?

I believe to have answered this question: one thing is what triggers a discount, and another thing is what gets discounted. GSX was in the list of the things that triggers a discount, but not in the list of things that can be discounted. In fact, according to the description of the promotion (which only mentions airports being discounted by other airports) GSX shouldn't have been in either list.

But, since we already had XPOI behaving as an airport, there's really no reason why GSX should't be there too, so we added GSX to the list of things that can be discounted, not only to the list of things that can trigger a discount as it was before.