Author Topic: O'Hare not showing and Debugger error  (Read 6302 times)

hlm65

O'Hare not showing and Debugger error
« on: June 04, 2008, 05:18:20 pm »
I purchased FSDT ORD as soon as it was out, installed OK and enjoyed it for about two months.
Now, unexpectedly, without any new add-on installation, FS gives this error message: "For security purposes, this program will not run while system debuggers are active. Please remove or disable the system debugger before trying to run this program again.", if clickin OK, it will start but  will show this message "FS was unable to load this file. You can continue using FS, but aircraft or scenery using this file will be disabled. File: bglman.dll".
FS starts OK, but FSDT ORD doesn't show up.
Tried to install the new version 1.1, but to no avail.
Running FS9.1, no >2GB patch, no no-CD patch, Windows XP SP2, AVG8.0 antivirus (which signals bglman.dll as infected, but set it to skip this file in the resident shield), AES with KORD installed.
Anny help is appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: O'Hare not showing and Debugger error
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:30:22 pm »
The debugger message happens when the version of the Addon Manager compatibile with >2GB patch (but not compatible with the MS CD protection), is used with an original FS9.EXE with the CD protection. Note, the installer doesn't look if you actually patched or not for >2Gb, it checks if you have the nocd instead.

You can verify the dll version by checking the file size for the modules\bglman.dll file. If it's about 600K, it's the right version for the MS CD protection, if it's about 1.2 MB, it's a version compatible with the >2GB patch, but not with the MS CD protection, and it will result in the "debugger" warning.

If you got the wrong version, it's probably because you *used* to have the nocd FS9.EXE when you originally installed KORD, but after that (system restore, maybe ?) the original FS9.EXE was restored, without reinstalling KORD.

You can try Uninstalling KORD, and ( IMPORTANT ), reply "Yes" to the final Uninstaller question about removing the Addon Manager, so everything will be cleaned up. Then Reinstall KORD, so the installer will have the chance to put the proper version in place.

hlm65

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 06:44:01 pm »
The .dll is really 1.2 Mb, but I never used, nor ever had the no-cd version.
I'll try to uninstall and reinstall and let you know.
BTW, the antivirus still signales that .dll as infected...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:30:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 07:30:07 pm »
BTW, the antivirus still signales that .dll as infected...

It's a false positive. It's strange because I've installed AVG 8.0 just yesterday to check it, updated all files, and scanned bglman.dll with no warnings.

However, this might also have an impact on the installer: if you told AVG to ignore bglman.dll in the modules folder, that might not have stopped AVG to kill the file in the temporary folder the installer creates before copying it to its final destination under \modules, so it picked the other version instead.

It might be safer turning off AVG entirely (or at least turning off Resident Shield), during installation, then tell it to ignore bglman.dll (or the whole \modules folder), after install.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 07:34:19 pm by virtuali »

hlm65

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 10:12:15 am »
Tks a lot Umberto.
Did as you said, and, wow: it works again ! (what a nice thing to see KORD as before, I'm the ORDFO DOM Manager for United Virtual, and not having "my" airport working was really a mess !).
Excellent product, excellent support  ;) !
Just for your info, AVG8 was detecting Win32/Heur virus infection in the original bglman.dll (1.2 Mb). I disbled the Resident shield for installinga and set in the exceptions to ignore that file. Should work...
Tks again and keep up your excellent work !

wody

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I need your support:

I have:
XP SP3
FS9.1 completely new installed
CD4 in CD-ROM (no NOCD Crack is installed!)
several addon are new installed.
works ok.

What I then did:
downloaded your O'Hare exe
completely turned off my AVG 8
installed - ok
Started FS - the debug msg came.

Then I tried:
uninstalled O'Hare + Addon Mgr
installed again O'Hare (no AVG)
same debug msg.

I am not sure about ">2GB" you mentioned.
My FS9.exe is 1.362kB, dated 13.6.2003
bglman.dll is 1.312kB, dated 23.4.2008 (in modules folder)

Do you have any thoughts?

I want to buy anyhow. Is there an other way to buy O'Hare, without Addon Mgr?

Thanks a lot in advance

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 04:10:02 pm »
The debug message is because you patched for >2GB the original Microsoft FS9.EXE, with the CD protection. This ones generates the debugger message because, the Addon Manager version that is compatibile with >2GB, is not compatibile with the MS CD protection.

With the current version, if you want to patch for >2GB, you need to patch a nocd FS9.EXE.

What .EXE you have, is done at installation time. So, if you change the .EXE, you need to run the Addon Manager installer again. In your case, just delete bglman.dll from the FS9\MODULES folder, then run the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer. As I've said, if you patched for >2GB the original EXE with the CD check, it will not work in any case.

There are good news, though. We are already testing a new version, which is compatible BOTH with the CD protection AND the 2GB patch! This means it will always work in any case, without worrying about the FS9.EXE. We are going to release it in a few days, after testing is done.

wody

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 12:04:39 am »
Thanks Umberto,

I will wait.

By the way, I'm reading this forum for some time already. It is incredible how profund and quick your support is.
Never saw such a promt and good support.
Thanks a lot for this, I am happy and will wait.

Peter