Author Topic: Double Tower  (Read 3634 times)

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Double Tower
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:17:22 pm »
Hello!

I am experiencing a problem at KLAX. I downloaded the installer from the site, installed it and entered my serial I received by e-mail. All worked fine, with the exception of one thing - there are double towers. There is one tower, the FSDT tower, which is smaller and clearer, whereas the second tower is very slightly to the west and is much larger and less clear, likely the FS Default. I have reinstalled and run the Airport Scanner, which turned up nothing. Would doing a complete uninstall of KLAX and a restart then install of the scenery help? Not a huge issue, however it would be good to have it fixed. Thank you!

-DMac10121

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Double Tower
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 10:16:30 pm »
Whenever you see "double something", is never, ever a problem of the scenery, but it's a conflict caused by another scenery. This means, don't waste your time chasing a problem in KLAX by reinstalling it, because the problem is not KLAX. The only case when reinstalling might fix double objects, is if you moved the scenery in the Scenery Library to a lower layer, so the installer will fix this.

Such duplicates might not be so obvious to find, and the FSX Airport scanner doesn't find *all* possible conflicts. A common cause for trouble are those AFCADs supplied with AI traffic packages, like My Traffic, that are made for the default airports, and must be removed if you have an addon airport for the same area.

DMac10121

• Boeing + Bombardier
Re: Double Tower
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:47 pm »
Thank you. I will check to make sure I have no other conflicting add-ons.