Author Topic: Problem With FS Copilot  (Read 4015 times)

brycie27

Problem With FS Copilot
« on: June 03, 2008, 09:15:48 pm »
Hi all i recently bought Zurich for FSX now the scenery worked great until i decided to get back online again and fly on VATSIM. now the addon manager does not show nor does the scenery (buildings) I took FSINN and FS Copilot off and it was working again is there a way to stop this conflict? I tried moving addon manager above FSCopilot in my dll.xml but no such joy yet.

Cheers

Steve

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem With FS Copilot
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 09:30:20 pm »
There used to be a recurring bug in FSCopilot that prevent correct execution of Simconnect modules loaded after itself in the DLL.XML. Our installer automatically rearranges the DLL.XML file to always put the Addon Manager as the first module if you uninstall and reinstall it, and this used to fix the FSCopilot issue, at least some months ago, when we tested with the then current version of FSCopilot, that were linked against an older Simconnect version, that's probably the source of the conflict.

You might try downloading the Stand Alone Addon Manager for FSX, that has been slightly updated after the one supplied with Zurich, but the only difference is that is linked against the very latest version of Simconnect, that *might* be more reliable, because it doesn't use internal TCP connections anymore. Note that this will REQUIRE you have FSX updated to SP2 or Acceleration, it will not work anymore with FSX SP1.