Author Topic: Do you use Radar Contact ATC for KORD and KJFK?  (Read 7790 times)

asanal

Do you use Radar Contact ATC for KORD and KJFK?
« on: June 08, 2012, 07:41:31 am »
I  fly with Radar Contact ATC  many years and very satisfied. Yesterday I made first flight from KORD. Received RC ATC taxi instruction for departure RWY 27L. I waited half hour for Position and Hold taxi  clearance. Then realized RC ATC cannot see my plane 737NGX at  Rwy 27L.

Did you ever experienced problem with Radar Contact ATC at  Fsdt ORD or JFK airports?
Thanks,
Sanal

asanal

Re: Do you use Radar Contact ATC for KORD and KJFK?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »
With out Radar Contact ATC, flight in/out from Fsdt ORD will not be fan. Until find a solution , I wlli uninstall ORD Airport.  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:36:28 am »
I don't see why this could have anything related to the KORD scenery, which has a perfectly legal AFCAD that is correctly recognized by FSX, so the problem clearly is not the scenery but, most likely, if that Radar contact program reads a scenery AFCAD, that has a problem that is being confused by an otherwise fully working AFCAD.

Some things that might cause this (and if this is the case, the problem is surely not KORD scenery), is the fact that KORD AFCAD use the very well known "star technique" to allow crosswind runways.

Another potential issue is, since new runways has been added and old runways has been renamed, KORD AFCAD also comes with its own set of Approaches, which overrides the default FSX ones. If that Radard contact program relies on its own internal database of approach procedures or it reads from FSX, but only from the default set of AFCADs, it might still see the default approaches, but those are not working anymore in the scenery, because their associated runways are not there anymore. Again, if this is the case, it's not obviously a problem of the scenery, but a shortcoming of that radar contact program.

Sorry but, since I've never seen it in action, I can only guess what might possibly be a problem for any program that is likely to to interact with the approach procedures.

asanal

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 05:52:00 pm »
In this case my main question is:

How shall I use ATC at your airport? Did I missed in your Airport info, about ATC availability ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 06:05:17 pm »
How shall I use ATC at your airport? Did I missed in your Airport info, about ATC availability ?

Just like any other FSX airport, nothing is different.

Of course, I'm referring to the FSX ATC. Anything about other additional programs, I can't say, the only thing sure, the KORD scenery has a proper FSX AFCAD that enables proper ATC in FSX, with x-wind runways and updated approach procedures for the updated runways.

asanal

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 10:19:50 pm »
I was wondering if Radar Contact can read all FSX airports like FSX ATC, why RC canot read ORD. I contacted with Radar Contact, they are very member oriented developers. Thay explain long reason ,where communication can be fall apart with Fsdt airports. They asked  me to  open "runways.tex" document file, if JFK and ORD there. IT is a long list with worldwide airports, finaly the last one was Fsdt JFK airport. (JFK is OK) but thre were no ORD airport.(May be this mean something)

Then reinstalled ORD and activated Radar Contact, still RWY27L and some others (I forgot) canot be read by RC.
It is shame, ORD was one of the most interested airports for me, unfortunately I cannot give up Radar Contact ATC.

data63

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 10:58:33 pm »
did you run "makerunways" in the newest version?

..and please check if ORD ist included in the scenery.cfg with a relative path to the base FSX path (some progs seem to have problems with absolute paths)

Happy landings!

Juergen

asanal

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 07:10:56 am »
I run the latest 4.60 Maker runways. FSDT ORD did appear in  Runways.tex file. Radar Contact can read  more Runways now, except   RW27L . It must be a reason.
Thanks for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 09:35:38 am »
Radar Contact can read  more Runways now, except   RW27L . It must be a reason.

This clears up it wasn't a scenery problem, it's a problem of the program that reads runways, that is not working properly for some reason, you should probably report this to the developers.