Author Topic: Problem with scenery, no gates/runways at startup  (Read 5626 times)

beerbrewer

Problem with scenery, no gates/runways at startup
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »
I bought the scenery several months ago after finally upgrading my old computer.  Other than some parking issues, I have had no problems with the scenery.  Last night I loaded up FS9 and was going to plan a flight from ORD, however none of the gates and runways were available.  When I selected ORD, the only available option was Active Runway.  And also in my scenery library I did notice two entries for ORD, and both have the same startup options.  The only changes I have made recently in FS9 was to install some new AI traffic and I also installed a freeware scenery for KPIT.

I have not added any AFCAD files or modified the AFCAD in any way, it was working ok last week when I last flew into ORD and then last night, I got the symptoms that I described above.  It appears as if the scenery is still showing registered and active as well (from the Addon Manager).

I am not in front of my home PC right now, but will be later tonight to troubleshoot further.  But I am hoping that somebody else has seen this and knows how to resolve it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with scenery, no gates/runways at startup
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:32:17 pm »
Two entires for kord are not normal, try to uninstall the scenery first, remove all remaining entries manually, then reinstall the scenery.

beerbrewer

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:43:38 pm »
Thank you, I am at work but will give that a shot later when I am home and will report back here if that does not work.

beerbrewer

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 04:13:39 am »
Well I resolved the issue, it was a freeware version of KPIT that I had installed.  Before uninstalling and reinstalling ORD, I deactivated the KPIT scenery and when I started FS9 back up and went to the Select Location option in FS9, only one ORD showed up and it had the options to start at the various gates or other runways.