Author Topic: Thanks alot  (Read 6406 times)

cdleo22

Thanks alot
« on: January 22, 2010, 02:50:25 am »
Thank you for your great work just downloaded and having a look see.

Just one problem I  get a black box and no buildings just jet ways and cars

cdleo22

Re: Thanks alot
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 03:12:26 am »
C:\Progra~1\MI9A48~1\MICROS~1\FSDREA~1\couatl\couatl.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:0dcb IP:01bf OP:63 726f 3c 2f Choose Close to terminate the application.

Keep getting this message I have unistalled addon mgr and the PHL scenery

and when I did uninstall it could not uninstall couatl.exe and now on all FSdreamteam sceneries I do not have any buildings at all. please help

signmanbob

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 06:32:38 am »
I'm going to guess this may have something to do with the dll.xml post that is just above.  I installed new version of the Addon Manager, and it also put the "Addon Manager" text at the bottom of the .xml file list, so I moved mine back up above FSUIPC, just under "Traffic Toolbox SDK".
If the Addon Manager is at the bottom of the .xml file list, it will not work, and because it is anti-pirating software, all of your other FSDreamteam or Cloud9 software will act like it is not activated.

Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 12:15:43 pm »
I'm going to guess this may have something to do with the dll.xml post that is just above.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with DLL.XML

This error happens because FSX has been wrongly set up to run in one of the XP Compatibility modes, which is not needed, and it also bad for performances, because it start a virtualized environment, and it's not how FSX is configured when it gets installed.

If the Addon Manager is at the bottom of the .xml file list, it will not work, and because it is anti-pirating software, all of your other FSDreamteam or Cloud9 software will act like it is not activated.

It's not dependent by the Addon Manager at all, and it's not dependent by "antipiracy".  The issue are other Addons that are listed, that when loaded before, either leave Simconnect in an unclean state or, are compilied with older versions of the Simconnect libraries (before SP2), and don't work well if loaded together with the Addon Manager which is correclty compiled with the Simconnect SP2 libraries. FS Copilot is known to create this problem, but there might be others.

The Addon Manager here is *affected* by what the other modules are doing when loaded before it, the fact that the issue is fixed by moving it at the top, clearly proves that the Addon Manager doesn't do anything wrong, because it doesn't disturb anthing that is loaded after it. You might have had a point if it was the opposite situation: having to put Addon Manager as last, because it might create issues to others if loaded first.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 09:19:13 am by virtuali »