Author Topic: Buildings  (Read 5420 times)

ianj844

Buildings
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:59:28 pm »
Hi I just bought ohare and have found that there are no buildings at first. I figured out to get the buildings to show I hove to taxi around where they should be like taxi within the shadow then they show. However the jetways are always showing. Please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 12:08:34 am »
Check you are not running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" mode. Right-click on the FSX.EXE program, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked there, which is how FSX is installed by default.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:02:04 am »
I have no comparabilitys checked

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:14 am »
If you are really sure there's no Compatibility mode enabled, then the problem is surely caused by a video driver problem or a setting or an FSX setting that shouldn't be applied.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing"

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings, be sure you have the "Advanced Animation" option enabled

- If that doesn't work, try to "Repair" your Acceleration or SP2 installation, this has fixed the problem for some users.

ianj844

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:04:11 pm »
I have also found this at kjfk

ianj844

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 11:10:27 pm »
Just an FYI on gates G17 G13/G15 I know some of those are lower level gates however there is still a connecting bridge of top and G17 is not a lower level gate however G11 is. Also on most jetways with a connecting bridge from terminal to jetway you can see that they are not perfectly sized or aligned in some the bottom of the jetway would be sticking out from the bottom of the bridge on on the size you can tell that are two different structures.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:41:17 pm »
I'm sorry but, the only known causes for buildings that appears only when getting close, are those I've already suggested: compatibility first, or video settings or fsx.cfg settings, or transparency antialiasing.

The last suggestion is because some users reported success by repairing the FSX SP2 (or acceleration Pack) installation.

The only thing you can be sure of, it's not how the scenery is made and, if you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus inside FSX, it means the software is running properly. If if wasn't, you wouldn't see buildings in any conditions, not just when you are at a distance.