Author Topic: acting like demo  (Read 3561 times)

jakey12

acting like demo
« on: May 22, 2012, 02:02:36 am »
hi i recently purchased KLAX installed it used the addon manager and put in the serial number all was fine and then the textures turned all blurry and some default scenery returned. is this a common problem? thanx in advance.  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: acting like demo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 12:42:38 pm »
Blurred textures doesn't have anything to do with activation or demo. If the scenery is in Trial or lose activation for any reason, a green sign will say "Trail version is started" when you go there, and it will not be blurred, it will work exactly as it supposed to be, but for 5 minutes at time, then all buildings will disappear, then you'll have to exit from FSX to get another 5 minutes of trial, etc.

So, you problem doesn't have anything to do with the loss of activation or the trial or the registration.

If default scenery elements pops out, it's always caused by another scenery in conflict, it might not be a full scenery, but also an AFCAD for KLAX made for the default scenery that comes with an AI traffic package like My Traffic. In this case, you need to remove the offending file.

Blurred textures can be caused by these things:

- You don't have the "Force HD textures" option enabled in the Addon Manager, so the scenery is running at 1/4th of its resolution

- Your video card settings don't use an Anisotropic filter, try to use an 8x or 16x filter for the best image quality.

This, assuming your description of the problem ("blurred textures and some default scenery returned") is accurate. With a screenshot, it might have been easier to understand the problem.

Of course, I also assume you use the most current version of KLAX or, at least, the most current version of the Addon Manager. If you are not sure what you have installed, try to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX and install it.