Author Topic: No buildings at LSZH **SOLVED**  (Read 19567 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at LSZH
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 03:38:45 pm »
The scenery library file is ok, and the entry points to the right folder. I am able to see the ground texture/s as well as the jetways. However, as stated, I don't see any buildings/terminals and get pauses every few seconds.

This really seems to indicate that either of the following is happening:

- You haven't installed the latest version of Zurich

OR

- You have installed the latest version of Zurich, but you have an old version of the Addon Manager, because the antivirus is blocking the update

OR

- Something is wrong in your Prepar3d.CFG file, so the Simobject folder is not pointing to the correct disk folder, most likely caused by another product installer, or by having hand-edited the .CFG file.

Check your Prepar3D.cfg file and look for all lines that contains:

SimObjectPaths=

And post them here. Just those lines.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:56 pm »
a ha! I suspect the SimObjects path is probably the culprit then. I did modify the SimObjects paths, which point to a "common" SimObjects folder which FSX and P3D can share. I had a look and saw the Zurich folders in the Simobjects/Misc folder. Would I be able to move these folders to my common SimObjects library or would that affect the copy-protection system?

Hitchhiker

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »
Hi again Umberto.

Some partial success. I modified the SimObjects paths so that now the FSDT folders are being seen by P3D, which means that now I see all the buildings etc in the scenery.

However, I still get the pauses. The Addon Manager version I have is v2.9.0.4 and it says that ZurichX is "Installed and ACTIVE".

Any ideas?

FYI here is the SimObjects paths section:

SimObjectPaths.0=S:\SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=S:\SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=S:\SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=S:\SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=S:\SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc <-- Contains only the FSDT-Zurich scenery
SimObjectPaths.6=S:\SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Airplanes <-- Contains aircraft that will only work if left inside the P3D folder structure (e.g. SimSkunkWorks' aircraft; no duplicates)
SimObjectPaths.8=S:\SimObjects\Misc <-- Contains the Default Misc objects
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 06:23:14 pm by Hitchhiker »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »
Such configuration won't work, you can't share Simobjects folders between P3D and FSX, and our sceneries expect the Simobject are in the same flight sim folder as the scenery, and each and every sim.cfg of every Simobject has fallback paths that take this for granted. The pauses are caused by the program trying to create simobjects that don't exists or have missing files, because of this editing.

You should have said before you modified your .CFG file in such complex way, we would have saved lot of time, by simply saying such modifications are simply not supported, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing but, we can't support you in such editing, and expect any scenery or GSX update will likely break any changes you might eventually have to do to the simobjects, so you'll have to do everything from scratch again.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:59:55 am by virtuali »

Hitchhiker

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 01:12:14 am »
Restoring the original SimObject path structure resolved the issue entirely. Thanks Umberto, and apologies for the waste of time. Very happy with the scenery and will be looking forward to purchasing other products in the future.