Author Topic: No buildings at LSZH **SOLVED**  (Read 19574 times)

Hitchhiker

Re: No buildings at LSZH
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:39 pm »
I just purchased, installed and activated LSZH in P3D v1.4 and I am experiencing the same exact problem i.e. no buildings and pauses every few seconds. I installed it as an administrator, so that should not be an issue. I am also running what I believe to be the latest versions of:
Addon Manager (v2.9.0.4)
ZurichX (v2.5.3.0)

The Addon Manager says the scenery is activated so as you may imagine, I am not best pleased about this. Would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 05:39:27 pm »
Check if you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus inside P3D

If not, it's likely your antivirus has blocked one of both, so no scenery will be seen.

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch the sim yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourP3DFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourP3DFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch P3D

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Followed your instructions. Same result. FYI, the antivirus (MS Security essentials) is set to exclude the P3D folder and subfolders.

To respond to your query re: Add-ons menu; yes I do see Couatl-powered products and Addon Manager listed. The entries in the dll.xml and exe.ml seem to be fine as well. This was the case even when I installed the product the first time.

I am running P3D on Windows 7 64-bit. Did the other user resolve the issue? If so did he ever say how?

Thanks for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 10:30:23 pm »
To respond to your query re: Add-ons menu; yes I do see Couatl-powered products and Addon Manager listed. The entries in the dll.xml and exe.ml seem to be fine as well.

Then it means everything's working correctly. Are you using the FSX Migration tool maybe ? If yes, there's a whole sticky thread about it, please read it, because you need to follow all the instructions listed there in order to use our products (which are P3D NATIVE) together with the FSX Migration tool:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7237.0

Hitchhiker

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:30 am »
I never used the FSX Migration tool. The only thing I've done is to substitute FSX's folder path with that of P3D in the 2 registry entries. Could this be the culprit?

I read the sticky thread but it did not seem to apply to my case. Regardless, I tried using the batch file (substituting FSX.exe with Prepar3D.exe in the batch file) suggested in the thread to see if that would make it work, but again, no luck.

Thanks for the help once again. I hope we can resolve the issue!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 09:44:10 am »
I never used the FSX Migration tool. The only thing I've done is to substitute FSX's folder path with that of P3D in the 2 registry entries. Could this be the culprit?

It shouldn't, provided you have valid P3D registry entries. If you have, the installer should have asked if you wanted to install into P3D. If it didn't, it means it installed in "FSX mode" so, even if you changed the registry.

The most important thing to be checked is:

On the %APPDATA%\Lookheed Martin\Prepar3D\EXE.XML file, the section that launched the Couatl program should look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Couatl</Name>
  <Disabled>True</Disabled>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  <CommandLine>--mode=prepar3d</CommandLine>
</Launch.Addon>

Note this line:

If the installer believes it's running in FSX, it will not add that line so, you will add it yourself after the installation.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:17 pm »
The installer detected P3D (as indicated in the pop-up window during installation) and seems to have (prima facie) installed correctly, including the entry in the exe.xml, which I am pasting in its entirety below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

The only difference in my entry seems to be this line: <Disabled>False</Disabled>. Yours is set to True. Could this be causing the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:28 pm »
only difference in my entry seems to be this line: <Disabled>False</Disabled>. Yours is set to True. Could this be causing the problem?

well, of course not...it shouldn't be disabled, sorry if it looks confusing in my post but, as I've said in that message, the important line is the <Commandline> entry which sets the P3D mode.

I'm sorry but, other than a problem with playing with registry entries, I don't see what else could be. Check your P3D registry entries are correct.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »
I am pretty certain that the P3D registry entries are correct as other addons like the QualityWings RJ that are P3D compliant installed without any trouble. Even though it shouldn't matter I will set the FSX registry entries to their original values and try installing again. Not sure if this may shed any light but I just tried uninstalling Zurich and I got this error in a pop-up window after agreeing to uninstaling Couatl/Addon Manager:

Runtime Erroe (at 124:2318): Error on line 0, position 0: The system cannot locate the object specified.

As I said I will try installing again from scratch but should it fail, I will probably have to ask (regrettably) for a refund. I assume it's a problem related to my system, given that it works on others' machines... but I will try for a final time first.

Thanks for the help anyway!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 10:05:39 pm »
Runtime Erroe (at 124:2318): Error on line 0, position 0: The system cannot locate the object specified.

That seems there's an error in your DLL.XML and/or EXE.XML, post them both, from the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Lookeed Martin\Prepar3d\DLL.XML
%APPDATA%\Lookeed Martin\Prepar3d\EXE.XML

Please DO NOT post them in the forum as a message. ZIP them together, and Attach the .ZIP file to the message, so it's sure the XML won't be changed when posted on the forum.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 11:48:22 pm »
DLLs in the attached ZIP file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:16:34 am »
Your P3D files looks fine, which seems to indicate the problem is in the FSX ones, meaning the installer (because of the problem with the registry) is still trying to install into FSX.

Are you running P3D in one of the "Compatibility" modes ? This will likely screw up all the files locations, check the Properties for the Prepar3D.exe file and be sure is not running in any of the Compatibility modes.

Hitchhiker

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:14 pm »
Afraid not. Neither P3D or FSX are running in any of the available compatability modes. Incidentally I tried installing Zurich for FSX... same result. Any yet I have both Couatl and Addon Manager on the menu and the scenery is tagged as "Active". I also checked the registry and it contains the FSDT entry with the serial number.

Unless there is anything else we can try, I'd like to ask you what the procedure for a refund is please. It's a shame though I was looking forward to using this scenery after recently flying to Zurich in real life!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 02:05:03 pm »
Afraid not. Neither P3D or FSX are running in any of the available compatability modes. Incidentally I tried installing Zurich for FSX... same result. Any yet I have both Couatl and Addon Manager on the menu and the scenery is tagged as "Active".

Has the scenery being added to the Scenery Library ? If not, it's possible the error you saw was related to the scenery.cfg file instead, which was corrupted by hand-editing, so the installer couldn't add it and the uninstalled complained about the error.

The scenery.cfg is located in the C:\ProgramData\Lookheed Martin\Prepar3D folder

Hitchhiker

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 03:30:56 pm »
The scenery library file is ok, and the entry points to the right folder. I am able to see the ground texture/s as well as the jetways. However, as stated, I don't see any buildings/terminals and get pauses every few seconds.