Author Topic: No buildings at LSZH **SOLVED**  (Read 19571 times)

ckaack

No buildings at LSZH **SOLVED**
« on: May 18, 2012, 03:46:52 pm »
I installed LSZH v2.5, but I can not see any buildings. Besides this, the FSX stops working periodically for about 2 sec every 4 sec. I de-installed the scenery and deleted the entire FSDT folder before I re-installed LSZH. Does anybody have an idea about this strange behaviour at LSZH only?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-MnAwyaCRDnk/T7ZSe7cB4hI/AAAAAAAAEyk/scWVi0f6ItE/s1600/2012-5-18_15-40-46-679.jpg
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:00:15 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No buildings at LSZH
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »
The lack of buildings and the pauses every 4 seconds, indicates you haven't installed the latest version of Zurich, but an older version. Be sure you install the latest version.

ckaack

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 08:34:17 pm »
As I wrote, I removed all previous versions of FSDT and reinstalled the latest version of FSDT Zurich v2.5.2 today.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:48:23 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm, that just by installing Zurich 2.5.2, what you are describing, simply can't and doesn't happen, while instead, your description of the problem is exactly what happens when you install either a old version of Zurich with the new Addon Manager

OR

The new version of Zurich, and an old version of the Addon Manager on top of it.

Both will result in the same effect, which is exactly what you are describing.

ckaack

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:38:12 pm »
I just installed the latest add-on manager and the same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 10:34:08 pm »
Installing the newest version of the Addon Manager won't fix the problem if you have an old version of Zurich. You need to install the most current version of Zurich, which will of course come with the correct Addon Manager so, there's no need to install anything else.

If you install something older after the last version of Zurich, it will create exactly what you are reporting so, if you are reporting it, it means you haven't installed the current version of Zurich, or you are trying to downgrade it by installing something else after it.

There are no other explanations for what you are describing.

If something wasn't loaded and wasn't running, you would just have "no buildings", and that's it. If you are getting the pauses, it means everything IS working (which you can confirm by check if you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus under the "Addons" menu), but you are using old version of something.

Of course, since you said "the same issue", I'm assuming you are still observing the "same issue", which is no buildings AND pauses.

If something has changed, and you don't see the pauses anymore, but still no buildings, then it's not the same issue anymore, and it's an entirely different problem so, please clarify if you are still getting the pauses, or the pauses have gone, and you just don't have buildings.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 10:36:51 pm by virtuali »

ckaack

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:40:45 pm »
I removed all FSDT software, downloaded the latest Zurich V2.5.2 and reinstalled it, but again and again the same behaviour. It looks to me that the the Add-on manager is somewhere else installed and I can simply not remove it. Where can I find this beast on PC to kill it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 12:48:57 am »
The Addon Manager is installed in only one place, and it's only one file ( FSX\bglmanx.dll ) and the Addon Manager is NOT your problem.

There's obviously a proper uninstaller for all our software, which is where any uninstaller in Windows is normally located: in the Add/Remove Programs section of the Windows Control Panel.

This is how you uninstall any of our products and, if you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" which are made at the end, EVERYTHING related to the Addon Manager, Couatl and the scenery WILL be removed entirely, as if you never installed it.

And by the way, you still haven't confirmed that with "same behaviour" you mean you get BOTH the pauses AND the missing buildings, so I must continue to assume you still have both because, if you are not having pauses anymore, then it's an ENTIRELY different problem so again, please, clarify your current situation, as I've asked in my previous message.

ckaack

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 08:47:51 am »
I used the uninstall function of the Windows Control Panel and confirmed to delete the addon manager. Nevertheless the folder FSDreamTeam was still available and I deleted even this folder. Besides this the entire registry still includes couatl, virtuali and FSDT entries and in the %appdata\roaming path was a folder called virtuali. I deleted all of it! I scanned my entire PC and bglmanx.dll was not found. When I started FSX, first a message popped up, that Zurich is still shown in the scenery.cfg, but not available.

Therefore I installed the latest Zurich v2.5.2 again. The behaviour was the same as it was before, no buildings, just jetways and periodically paused FSX ~2/4 sec. But even I installed Zurich from the scratch, my previously entered serial was still recognized. This shows to me, that the deinstall was not successfull.

Btw. I have tried KJFK and KLAX too and the same behaviour!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 11:02:15 am »
Besides this the entire registry still includes couatl, virtuali and FSDT entries and in the %appdata\roaming path was a folder called virtuali. I deleted all of it!

We don't put anything in these registry entries. The only key should be your Serial Number in the registry, which is obviously not removed when uninstalling, otherwise you'll have to reactivate after uninstalling.

But it's possible Windows itself has set some flags about the executable (for example, to store the fact you trusted a module), but it's all normal.

Files in the %APPDATA% path belongs to GSX or store your custom configuration like key redefinitions and such, so they are obviously not removed (no uninstaller should remove user preferences) but they surely can't cause any problem.

When I started FSX, first a message popped up, that Zurich is still shown in the scenery.cfg, but not available.

Our uninstaller correctly remove the Zurich area from the scenery.cfg. If it hasn't on your system, it further confirms something is very wrong in your system.

Therefore I installed the latest Zurich v2.5.2 again. The behaviour was the same as it was before, no buildings, just jetways and periodically paused FSX ~2/4 sec.

This even more proves your system configuration is wrong, because it simply doesn't happen

But even I installed Zurich from the scratch, my previously entered serial was still recognized. This shows to me, that the deinstall was not successfull.

This not a proof that deinstall wasn't successful, at all. Your Serial Number is obviously NOT removed when uninstalling, and it's made intentionally, so you won't need to reactivate when just uninstalling/reinstalling.

Are you maybe running FSX into "Compatibility mode" ? This is wrong, is not how FSX defaults to, and it creates all sort of problem, like missing objects, files in the wrong folders (as you described it).

Turn every Compatibility mode in the "Compatibility" tab in FSX and reinstall.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:05:41 am by virtuali »

ckaack

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:03 pm »
FSX is not running in Compatibilty Mode.

I've tried all software from FSDT and none is working at all. Now I am getting the attached error message during the removal of the Addon Manager:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FmiXXebynqA/T7eaa1oMzJI/AAAAAAAAEy0/9FX6utI2d_k/s454/FSDT.jpg

The funny thing is, that all other software is running fine.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:25:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 07:29:17 pm »
That error message indicates your DLL.XML or EXE.XML (or both) has been corrupted by another product you installed. Our installer will NOT touch the XML, if they were already corrupted, so the problem was caused by another faulty installer.

Our installers can't create a corrupted XML, since they don't touch the XML directly, but handle the actual modification (ONLY if the file was not already corrupted), by the official Windows XML parser by MS.

Try to post your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, so I can fix them or check what's wrong with them.

Don't post the files directly, ZIP them together first, and attach the ZIP file to a message, so they are transfered as they are.

ckaack

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 03:59:41 pm »
thx for your kind support. Please find the files in the help.zip file. I attached others too.

ckaack

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 05:26:49 pm »
Ciao Umberto,

any conclusion?

Kind regards
Christian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 06:31:10 pm »
There's nothing wrong in your XML files, I've copied them on my system, and the installer doesn't give any error. So, it must be some other file that is not correct on your system.

Try to log the installation, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

zurichx_setup.exe /log=install.log

Proceed with the installation and let it end normally. This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please )
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:32:53 pm by virtuali »