Author Topic: 22R Approach  (Read 4933 times)

D_mitris

22R Approach
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:15:48 am »
I have come across something I did not notice before.  When coming in for a nightime ILS approach on 22R the runway lights are turned off.   Makes for a frustrating landing when there are no lights to help guide me.

I checked the AFCAD and I have the latest version of KDFW.   The only other scenery I have is Manhattan X and imaginesim KLGA.   Manhattan X is currently unchecked in the scenery library but I still have this light issue.  Any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 22R Approach
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 01:42:08 pm »
I can see runway lights on 22R just fine.

What is in the scenery is exactly what is indicated on real world (jeppesen) charts: 22R only has lights on the runway sides and centerline, but NO approach lights, and this is correctly replicated in the scenery. 22L has runway lights, papi and approach lights, and it's in the scenery too.

D_mitris

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »
I will have to try and replicate the conditions and post a screen shot.   Your reply explains having no approach lights but I don't recall any lights either center or edge of the runway lighting being lit.  Total black with 22L being fully lit.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »
I will have to try and replicate the conditions and post a screen shot.

No need for it, your explanation now is clear enough. You don't have any lights so, no need for a screenshot, I believe you don't have any lights on your system, but this is not how the scenery is made.

Total black with 22L being fully lit.

Then in this case the problem doesn't have anything to do with the scenery, but it has been caused by another scenery in conflict.

JFK uses standard FSX lights in the AFCAD, nothing fancy like custom lights and similar, which might not working for a number of reasons. Since they are made with standard FSX commands in the AFCAD, it means the most likely cause of the problem is a conflict caused by the AFCAD of another scenery, or another product that comes with AFCADs, like Traffic packages, etc.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 08:59:41 pm by virtuali »

D_mitris

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 06:39:46 am »
Thanks for the help.  I have removed Manhattan X and will test it out again.