Author Topic: eSellerateEngine NOT FOUND  (Read 8737 times)

Miguel AAL677

eSellerateEngine NOT FOUND
« on: May 26, 2008, 04:43:18 am »
everytime i open up FS9 i get "FSDREAMTEAM INSTALLED BUT NOT ACTIVE ON THIS PC"  " DO YOU WANT TO ACTIVATE"  i click yes and next window  " ARE YOU SURE " i click yes then i get ....."eSellerateEngine not found "...... so i only get the trail version?  anybody knows how to get this problem solved?  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: eSellerateEngine NOT FOUND
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:09:42 pm »
It's possible you have a wrong version of the Esellerate engine in a folder that needs special permisions to be deleted, and that is blocking the update.

First, look for the Esellerateengine.dll in the following folders:

- the FS9 main folder
- the c:\windows folder
- the c:\ProgramData\Esellerate folder (this one is usually hidden, so you need to activate hidden files and folders view in Explorer)

And DELETE all copies of the .DLL you find.

Then, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer for FS9, it should place all files back where they should.

The correct location for the DLL is C:\Windows under XP and C:\ProgramData\Esellerate under Vista, and this is automatically set by the installer, but there shouldn't be ANY other copies around.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 01:28:59 pm by virtuali »

Miguel AAL677

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 04:32:27 pm »
also i googled esellerateengine and a bonch of forums came out that it's been hacked into? so is it safe to use esellerateengine, i dont have XP i have vista

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:40:08 pm »
The correct version of the dll is of course automatically installed with the installer, at the correct place, depending on the OS version. We certainly don't distribute an hacked version!

The issue you are having, is that perhaps *another* copy of that library (probably the wrong one), currently resides in the c:\windows folder and that, under Vista (since c:\windows it's not the correct place under Vista), might create a problem, because the installer can't fix it, and can't even delete it, because anything placed under c:\windows needs *your* manual approval to be deleted.

Miguel AAL677

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:39:37 pm »
since i still have a copy of my registretion key for fsdreamteam will uninstalling it and redownloading it be a problem or is it worth a try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:24:04 pm »
First, you can uninstall and reinstall an unlimited number of times without any activation problems, as long as you don't reinstall Windows from scratch or change hardware. The Uninstaller will never remove your registration info, in any case.

Running the Uninstaller the Reinstalling should normally work, unless there are other unusual permission settings that are in effect on your machine.

In this case, it might be useful to try these:

- running FS9 as Administrator, at least once to activate the scenery.

- turning off Vista UAC ( look here to see how to do this )

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

jf5999

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 07:20:42 pm »
I'm having this same problem with mine and my computer won't let me do anything to the eSellerateEngine file (move, copy, delete, even change its name). Is there anything I can do that would allow me to to delete  eSellerateEngine so I can try reinstalling the addon manager?  ???

Thanks,
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 08:20:15 pm »
First, it's not possible to help you, if you don't say anything about your system config. Are you using XP or Vista ? Because, it's entirely different.

In Vista, the correct place for the esellerateengine.dll is C:\ProgramData\Esellerate (this is an hidden folder)
In XP, the correct place is C:\Windows

Our installer detects the OS version and puts the file in the correct place but, another program that use Esellerate might have put the file in the wrong place, for example C:\Windows under Vista, which is wrong. If the dll is older, this is even more of a problem, because the one on C:\Windows is preventing any update.

This can usually be solved by manually removing the copy under C:\Windows and let the installer run again but, you need to have full admin rights to manually remove something under C:\Windows, because there's an additional protection (other than UAC) in Vista to prevent manually tampering the C:\Windows folder.

You can try rebooting and boot into Safe Mode (press F8 at start), then removing the esellerateengine.dll from C:\Windows in safe mode.