Author Topic: Welcome to the GSX Scenery Sharing area  (Read 33345 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Welcome to the GSX Scenery Sharing area
« on: May 12, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »
We the new GSX 1.5 version launching today, we are opening a new GSX sharing area, dedicated to share your .INI files made with the GSX Scenery Graphical Editor.

To use the .INI files, put them into the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder.

A scenery configuration file is based on some AFCAD the user based its customization on. If you don't have that AFCAD, the customization will not work. For example, if you create a customization file based on the default KLAX scenery, an user with FSDT KLAX installed will not be able to use it and the reverse is true: if you create a customization file based on FSDT KLAX, it will not activate for users with the default scenery only.

It's suggested you'll always indicate which scenery your customization is based on. This is the AFCAD which was active when you started your customization, and can be checked by searching the .INI file in the [general] section. For example, this is how the KLAX.INI for an FSDT KLAX looks like:

[general]
afcad_path = FsDreamTeam/KLAX_V2/scenery/KLAX_AP.BGL
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:54:49 pm by virtuali »

Julean

• The Newbie from 2008 :-)
Re: Welcome to the GSX Scenery Sharing area
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:50:03 pm »
Hi Which Appdata folder Local....LocalLow.....

All The best

Jens Michlas
Julean, Frederiksberg, CPH - Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 11:44:07 pm »
Hi Which Appdata folder Local....LocalLow.....

That's why I said %APPDATA% (with two percents) and not just "Appdata". That's the proper shortcut for Appdata roaming folder so, if you simply type JUST that, exactly as I've typed it, in an Exporer window, it will always open the correct folder.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 11:34:01 am »
hello, do we also need to share the files located in the \Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude and \Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude\scenery in order for sharing GSX2 files?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:14:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:15:35 pm »
hello, do we also need to share the files located in the \Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude and \Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\Exclude\scenery in order for sharing GSX2 files?

Better not, see here for an explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18620.msg131209.html#msg131209

If you really want to share them, share only the XML.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 04:04:14 pm »

Better not, see here for an explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18620.msg131209.html#msg131209

If you really want to share them, share only the XML.
ok, Umberto, why in Schipoll Terminal B and gates D2 (among others) are not excudable?

cartayna

• Beta tester
A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 07:04:24 pm »
hello guys, i hope you enjoy this folder with a ton of scneries that i have made available for GSX2.
I only focus for now on Europe. As of now, I think I have most important ones. Wil keep on adding to the folder that also comes with a brief but easy instructions (in english and in spanish).  I also managed to be able to remove or edit the inconvenient SODE files that do not allow you to configurate certain airports. I have not done 2 that already are cool with GSX2: LFMN and LPPT.

As of today this are the airports avaiable in this bundle. Hope you enjoy it!

All the best.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:35:48 pm by cartayna »

Nimic

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:30 pm »
Did you really add jetways at LIRN airport?  ???

Capodichino doesn't have jetways at all.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 07:42:24 pm »
Did you really add jetways at LIRN airport?  ???

Capodichino doesn't have jetways at all.
It does now!  :P

Nimic

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2018, 08:33:32 pm »
I don't see why, as in the real world this airport doesn't have jetways. Anyway, very good job, congratulations!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:13:45 pm by Nimic »

SySo07

Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 09:39:10 pm »
hello guys, i hope you enjoy this folder with a ton of scneries that i have made available for GSX2.
I only focus for now on Europe. As of now, I think I have most important ones. Wil keep on adding to the folder that also comes with a brief but easy instructions (in english and in spanish).  I also managed to be able to remove or edit the inconvenient SODE files that do not allow you to configurate certain airports. I have not done 2 that already are cool with GSX2: LFMN and LPPT.

All the best.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bdkjqee8x1w57lm/AAAl4p_7jyl6jBmHnH1gumjRa?dl=0

Hi,
I don't have any jetways on LFPG i did what you put on Sode read and also to remove the file.

Thanks

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: A BUNCH OF CONFIGURATIONS AIRPORTS IN GSX2
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 05:18:15 pm »

All the best.

Hi,
I don't have any jetways on LFPG i did what you put on Sode read and also to remove the file.

Thanks
hi, the ony airport of the folder that is not totally finished is LFPG, as you can see in the folder there is a pdf that says "LFPG Terminal Charts (A-L-W done)". Have you tried those terminals?. (i will probably have it by the weekend done, same link. pay atention to the date of the file and you will notice if i have updated it. Is a very big airport and every terminal has different  fingers. a whole lot of heavy which is double jetway.

SySo07

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 06:12:25 pm »
Okay thanks !

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 07:58:24 pm »
Okay thanks !
Syso, the link to dropbox is a live one, that is I keep on adding new airports to that "GXS2 FINISHED". As of today new terminals are available LFPG... Tomorrow it will be totally finished. The rest of airports are only published if totally finished.
enjoy

SySo07

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 12:14:48 pm »
Okay I will check that when i'm home !