Author Topic: GSX uses wrong AFCAD  (Read 11029 times)

bfpatrick

GSX uses wrong AFCAD
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:49:47 am »
Hi,

I recently bought and installed GSX. All worked fine. Now I installed a new Add on Scenery (Larnaca by Aerosoft). When FSX started GSX rebuilt the airport cache but there was no effect on Larnaca ariport. FSX works fine with the new scenery and all AI traffic goes the right way, just GSX somehow is still using the default AFCAD as it says when you click on "customize positions".

I reviewed the Larnaca AFCAD with AFCAD editor and don't find any issue. I also tried another Add on and got the same problem. In fact, all scenery I installed before GSX works with FSX and GSX and all scenery from after the GSX install only works for FSX while GSX keeps on using the default AFCAD in spite of rebuilding the cache.

FSX and Coutai run as Admin and I already deleted the "SceneryIndexes" folder to get a new cache from FSX.
I also reinstalled GSX without success... No new AFCAD since first install is found (I uninstalled it automatically and did not remove all the remains manually).

Is there a way to tell GSX which AFCAD it has to use? If not, how should I uninstall it to make a new start (however I really don't prefer this way :-))?

I am looking forward to your help and suggestions, thank you,

Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX uses wrong AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 01:32:57 am »
This shouldn't happen, never happens and nobody else reported it before, so there must something wrong with your system. Please, be more clear with the description of the problem:

- When you remove the SceneryIndexes folder, and launch FSX, you should see FIRST FSX rebuilding ITS own cache, and then, once it's done and it's ready to fly, as soon as you press the GSX Hotkey, you should see GSX rebuilding ITS own cache, with a red progress message.

Please confirm that both processes are happening, and if it's just one, which one.

You can also activate a log, to see what's happening: open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe. Then go in FSX, then when it's done loading a scenery and ready to fly, exit and post the content of the Couatl.LOG file that should have been created inside FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:35:15 am by virtuali »

bfpatrick

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:42 am »
Thank you very much for your prompt answer.

The hint with the log-file helped a lot. For some reason two of the Add on scenery have been ignored because they were "not a directory". Pure chance this where the "new" ones I added. This is why there was no AFCAD of this scenery detected in spite of GSX's rebuild.

Long story short: created a new fsx scenery directory and added it to scenery library, put all AFCAD into this, started FSX (rebuilding cache), started GSX (rebuilding cache) and finally deboarded the passengers  ;D

Thank you once again!

Best regards,

Patrick

rverhallen

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 07:42:12 am »
I also had no jetways after installing the KORD. After reading the above posts, I discovered that GSX was using an AFCAD from Traffic Global . The AF2_JFKC.bgl, but P3d was using the correct bgl.
I got it to work by renaming the AF2_JFKC.bgl  to AF2_JFKC.old  located in Documents/TrafficGlobal/AirportFacilaties/Scenery/
Ran P3D,  then to Add-on menu, under Couatl Settings, Restart and rebuild airport cache.

I now have the sode jetways at KORD and my traffic.

Don't know if this was the right procedure, but it seams to work.

Thought I'd post this, as it may help someone else with the same problem.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 08:25:12 am »
 You might save yourself a big headache by disabling the entire TrafficGlobal/AirportFacilaties folder. It's just a collection of old afcads mostly from Traffic 360 and will conflict with every addon airport that you may have including any installed through ORBX FTX regions etc.

BBman

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 07:27:21 pm »
This problem existed for a Loooooooong time. The original post is from 2012 and this STILL is not fixed. Can we just have a way to FORCE GSX to use the same AFCAD the flightsim loads? Currently there are airports in ORBX directories that GSX wont even look in like MYGF. I have to just move them to the addons directory then they work. Also most free third party airports have to be recompiled or gsx wont load them. Cant we just have the option to force this? Please. GSX is awesome but this makes it a pain especially with level 2 jetway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 11:35:04 am »
This problem existed for a Loooooooong time. The original post is from 2012 and this STILL is not fixed. Can we just have a way to FORCE GSX to use the same AFCAD the flightsim loads?

Because that's not a problem, so there's nothing to "fix". No, it would be wrong "forcing" GSX to load an AFCAD, because if GSX is not loading the AFCAD, it's very likely you have a conflict, so you want to fix that, not forcing GSX to use a different AFCAD the simulator use.

Currently there are airports in ORBX directories that GSX wont even look in like MYGF.

OrbX is a totally different problem, since the program entirely skips those two folders:

FTX_VECTOR
FTX_OLC

Because those contains an extremely high number of files ( tens of thousands ), which are not AFCADs so, following users reports of very slow startup and cache regeneration files, we skip these folders automatically, which improves loading and cache regeneration speed.

However, OrbX at a certain point started to place airports *inside* some of these folder, which is weird to say the least (not sure what would be the point of installing an airport in a sub-folder in a Global scenery), so they are not seen by GSX, because anything under there is skipped in order not to have to process their huge container folder.

So no, the OrbX issue is an exception but, in all other cases, GSX respects the simulator rules, and will always use the AFCAD for that airport which is the highest on the Scenery Library.

ebattle

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 09:08:31 pm »
This problem existed for a Loooooooong time. The original post is from 2012 and this STILL is not fixed. Can we just have a way to FORCE GSX to use the same AFCAD the flightsim loads?

Because that's not a problem, so there's nothing to "fix". No, it would be wrong "forcing" GSX to load an AFCAD, because if GSX is not loading the AFCAD, it's very likely you have a conflict, so you want to fix that, not forcing GSX to use a different AFCAD the simulator use.

I get what BBman is saying, and I agree. There should be a way to tell GSX "Ignore "BGL A" and look at "BGL B" instead.

Virtuali, you say that GSX is just using the BGL that the sim is using, but that's not always telling the whole truth. In my case, linked here (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21860.0.html), although the sim sees and uses KBHM_ADEX_SS.bgl... GSX is using APX24200.bgl. That's a default BGL that the sim NEEDS to continue to use to render other default airports in the area. In this instance, there is no conflict between the sim and the 3rd party scenery, but there is a problem getting GSX to properly work with the sim.

So yeah... "forcing GSX to use a different AFCAD" than the simulator is using may be a bad thing, but having the ability to tell GSX which AFCAD it should be looking at in the event that the SIM is using multiple AFCADs would not always be a bad thing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:11:28 pm by ebattle »

BBman

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 12:08:52 am »
Yes in my post I wrote "Can we just have a way to FORCE GSX to use the same AFCAD the flightsim loads?" NOT a different one. That is what the problem is. Or in the case of ORBX just to be able to POINT GSX to the right afcad. In the case of the third party Afcads that are in the avsim library or the flightsim library, they ARE valid afcads but GSX will ignore them until they are recompiled using ADE putting all the object files into a separate .bgl file.

CS-TMT

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2021, 04:37:55 pm »
I came across this issue yesterday with a scenery from ORBX (BIAR - Akureyri). I did a workaround as I am lucky enough to use Aivlasoft EFB2, which shows the BGL and its location for the airport where the aircraft is.
With this, I opened said BGL with Airport Design Editor and compiled it to the Addon Scenery folder - > BIAR subfolder.