Author Topic: More automated actions  (Read 4512 times)

Richard McDonald Woods

• FlightDiary
More automated actions
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:38:33 pm »
Whilst a pilot spends most of his flight prep time in flightdeck preparation tasks, it seems appropriate to minimise the interactions he has with GSX.

At present, I have to separately activate ground services for catering, refueling, and boarding when, in reality, I would expect someone outside the cockpit to perform these actions.

Could the ground services menu be reduced to 'Deboard', 'Emboard' and 'Prepare for push-back', with the Emboard automatically invoking the current Catering and Refueling and, when these are completed, automatically invoking the Boarding processes (including baggage loading)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: More automated actions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 01:14:40 pm »
Already discussed several times already, and it's under consideration.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:02:54 pm »
Where is the fun in making everything automated?  Things not showing up until I request them is one of the reasons I prefer this to AES.  Leave things as they are.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

StevenK

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:52:32 pm »
Where is the fun in making everything automated?  Things not showing up until I request them is one of the reasons I prefer this to AES.  Leave things as they are.

+1
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

TuiflyX3

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:54:30 pm »

+1, but there could be more animated things, which we just dont controll..but like this interactive mode

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:51:30 am »
Note that, even if there's no "automation", you can QUEUE your operations.

For example, after you park the airplane when landing at an airport, you can select Deboarding, Catering, Refueling, Boarding in a row, and the services will complete in sequence, with the next one starting when the previous ended.