Author Topic: outated KFLL file  (Read 5297 times)

spinker

outated KFLL file
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:41:11 am »

After Installing new Addon Manager v 2.9.0.2 sucessfully and starting FSX, during the startup I am getting a message that I have an outdated KFLL file and that I should get a new file at FSDreamteam.
I cant find this file.

Can you help?

Larry

spinker

Re: outated KFLL file
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 06:26:10 am »
UPDATE:

I found the KFLL Fort Lauderdale file. Downloaded and executed the file this time I received the following messaage:

E:\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\alut.dll
An error occured while trying to replacethe existing fie:
DeleteFile failed; code 5.
Acess is denied.
Click retry to try again, Ignore to skip this fle (not recomended), or Abort to cancel installation

What do I do now??
Should I uninstall KFLL before running the new KFLL file that I downloaded?

Thank you,

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:47:22 am »
DeleteFile failed; code 5.

This error has been discussed countless of other times on the forum, and it means you launch an installer too quickly after FSX was closed, not allowing enough time to close all processes, so the installer can't write on flies which are still open.

Installing after a Windows reboot would have fixed this.

spinker

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 06:04:41 pm »

After shutting down windows and restarting (reboot)

I am getting the same message when trying to install the KFLL file recently downloaded.

In Virtuali KFLL is listed as "Product Installed and ACTIVE-OUTDATED"

What to do next?

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:38 pm »
If the message says the scenery it's outdated, then it's outdated so, even if you have downloaded it recently (which doesn't tell us much), you have to download it again.

Be sure you install BOTH the KFLL AND the Stand-Alone Addon Manager using the installers that are online now. KFLL was updated *very* recently so, apparently, more "recently", than you downloaded it.

spinker

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:35:21 am »

Everything installed correctly.

Thank You,

Larry

spinker

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:48:31 pm »

Another problem has shown up associated with this thread. Although everything installed properly in FSX as I said, when I went into P3D I got a message to "check live update" in P3D.

When I originally installed the 2 files to correct the probem in FSX I did not choose too install in P3D.

In P3D when I get the "services" message and choose one of them I do not get any vehicles to complete any of the services I choose also the "services message does not always show up.

In P3D Virtuali GSX is listed as "Product installed and ACTIVE".

Not sure what to do.

I did not plan to install GSX in P3D right now but if I have too in order to correct this problem I will.

Please help,

Larry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:03 pm »
When I originally installed the 2 files to correct the probem in FSX I did not choose too install in P3D.

That's normal, you need to do the same procedure, but select to install into Prepar3D

In P3D Virtuali GSX is listed as "Product installed and ACTIVE".

That's normal too, the activation is linked to your PC, not the actual simulator. If we had an FS9 version and you had FS9 installed, it would report as Active in FS9 too. That's the whole point of sharing the activation: you don't have to purchase a new copy when using with a different supported simulator.